PDA

View Full Version : DP weapon standards

peperez
May 24th, 2011, 07:39
It would be fine to have a standard DPED sheet. I prepare one, including neutral countries and unusual weapons, and I'm attaching it as a TXT file here to get your opinion. It's an OPEN work and can be improved.

Cheers

Pepe38699

Seagull V
May 24th, 2011, 13:17
Hello Pepe

This has been mentioned before by other people, but should we also be looking at standardised bombs/rockets/torpeados etc including updated DPs and Scendb items. If we can then get that to work with programs like DPED it would help greatly for the arming of the aircraft as well as reducing the amount in the mdlnames.txt file.

Has been greatly highlighted to me over the last couple of weeks with the projects I have been working on. :isadizzy:

I realise we will not make the game 100% perfect but if we can reduce the issues and increase the enjoyment it would be great. :jump:

misson
May 24th, 2011, 16:31
It would be fine to have a standard DPED sheet. I prepare one, including neutral countries and unusual weapons, and I'm attaching it as a TXT file here to get your opinion. It's an OPEN work and can be improved.

Cheers

Pepe38699

Ok Pepe, I'll use it like a reference , i think that some values need a little adjust like speed cause make diferences in precission. I think that seagull is rigth too but i apreciate if we have a parameter and we try to follow it.:wavey:

peperez
May 24th, 2011, 17:34
Ok Pepe, I'll use it like a reference , i think that some values need a little adjust like speed cause make diferences in precission. I think that seagull is rigth too but i apreciate if we have a parameter and we try to follow it.:wavey:

It's here as a basis. It's not a finished work. To use it at DPED, just change bat for txt...

tonybones2112
May 24th, 2011, 19:30
Pepe, thank you. There are quirks among weapons, the Japanese 20 mm exploded on the surface of a plane, the German were fused to penetrate.

Bones

Seagull V
May 27th, 2011, 23:13
Another one of those just thinking out loud moments:-

With the Ju-52 upgrade there was a forward and rear turret/gun position created, and the Lisonuv Li-2 the upper gun position. If we look at creating some standard that will also easily work rather than creating headaches (ie SE-100 DP :banghead:), and create some extras, such as additional gun positions that incorporate the gunner-turret-weapon, would this be worth the effort ??????

I would like to see an additional gun-position for the Ju-52 which is the ventral dustbin under the fuselage, a 20mm turrret for the German aircraft, a French 20mm rear gunner, a British single Vickers K-gun position for rear side front positions, generic allied single 50 cal, generic allied single/twin rifle calibre brownings. A few could also have multiple textures as there are similar weapons used by other air-forces. They would include the seat, gunner, turret/position, and gun/s. Then there are the different turrets used by the different aircraft that could also be replicated to greate different versions of those aircraft.

There has already been some work done which can be used as a base to start from, any others willing/interested in such a project ?

misson
May 29th, 2011, 08:57
so many adjusts makes more unreal the game, there are some things very important in real combat like fear! I am sure if a make some shots at your aircraft (no important material damage done) , you can lost the aircraft control and be killed. But that is no reason to not try to make real dp's:wavey: