PDA

View Full Version : For the ones who have low FPS and all around crappy FS program

hey_moe
May 23rd, 2011, 15:55
These Nvidia Video drivers are the fastest I have used so far. The graphics and texture look nice too. You can read and DL them here >> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=344509 Dear Willy, yes they will work on your Fred Flintstone pooter.

stiz
May 23rd, 2011, 15:59
it might just be me, but i've never noticed a graphic/texture/sharpness improvement with any of the drivers, so i'm always a bit perplexed when people say they can see improvements :isadizzy:

hey_moe
May 23rd, 2011, 16:04
These drivers are so the the fastest in FPS out of the other ones that have been released. Read up in that forum and you will see what I mean. Those guys do nothing but play with these video drivers. I was thinking like you are but decided to give'em a try anyway and I am glad I did...Mike

Walter
May 23rd, 2011, 16:30
Sorry about this dumb question, but I'm not good with computers.... (I was reading up about it, but I couldn't tell)

This is only for those who have an NVIDIA GeForce driver, right?

Sorry for my stupidity....

Walter :icon_lol:

falcon409
May 23rd, 2011, 16:37
it might just be me, but i've never noticed a graphic/texture/sharpness improvement with any of the drivers, so i'm always a bit perplexed when people say they can see improvements :isadizzy:
I'm kinda with you on this one Stiz. . . .but to be fair, I'm running an NVidia 9600GT straight out of the box, no tweaks and no overclocking. I probably have it taxed to it's limits right now based on the settings in FSX so I never expect anything fantastic from driver updates and am usually right. I continue to update the drivers just so I'm running the latest version, but if I load one that causes a noticeable problem, I'll drop back to the previous driver until another release comes out. I can't think of one driver that when I loaded FSX just made me go WOW, Look at that, lol.:salute:

Wing_Z
May 23rd, 2011, 17:22
The 93.71_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe driver offered by this link looks OK for my system, and is 42MB
I go to the Nvidia site (which does not offer to "check if my system is OK" and cause me to flee before it offloads something ugly on me) and get the driver specific to my oldish GTS250 card.
It is called 270.61-desktop-winxp-32bit-english-whql.exe and is 87 MB.
I assume it contains the Nvidia Control Panel as well...
Would it be the same driver though??
If not, you'd surely assume the card-specific one is better?

stiz
May 23rd, 2011, 18:29
These drivers are so the the fastest in FPS out of the other ones that have been released. Read up in that forum and you will see what I mean. Those guys do nothing but play with these video drivers. I was thinking like you are but decided to give'em a try anyway and I am glad I did...Mike

they also all seem to have the latest graphics card and several grand systems, how good are they for us normal blokes with systems that are a few years old! :icon_lol:

Cazzie
May 24th, 2011, 02:56
I'm usually skeptical with Beta drivers, but I'll give them a try. Can always back up to 270.61.

Bjoern
May 24th, 2011, 11:19
Quadro 270.73 are cool so far; not sure if the betas can top that.

I haven't seen much improvement over time in Unigine Heaven, but that's cool with me. Better than a decrease in performance.

Stefano Zibell
May 24th, 2011, 11:51
The new betas screwed my gps, so... rollback.

IanHenry
May 24th, 2011, 12:04
They screwed up th HUD on my Harrier, so I also have reverted back.

Ian.