PDA

View Full Version : Mixing paint; Dynamic

Lionheart
May 22nd, 2011, 21:46
Was playing around with some paint today for the Dynamic. I had seen a Lancair (similar plane) painted in red, so I thought, yeah! red, I could go for that, some metallic silver stripes...

Still playing around with it...

Cag40Navy
May 22nd, 2011, 21:57
Its looking real good Bill!

ericts
May 22nd, 2011, 22:34
How did you manage to get George Clooney to model your aircraft for you? :icon_lol:

jpmouse
May 24th, 2011, 02:40
Just like a red corvette! LOL. Waitin' for that one.

On another note, I love the green FG model. OK-JUG30. I would love to have it in the RG model. Can I convert the textures? If so, how? The whole 'aliasing thing confuses me as I'm fairly new to FSX paints

I love this plane!:jump:

Lionheart
May 24th, 2011, 04:02
Hey JPMouse,

Terribly easy. Copy/paste that particular texture folder into the RG model's folder, then in the RG's aircraft.cfg file, copy/paste its last Registry block to the bottom of the list of Registries (make a new one) and reset the numbers to be the next one down in series, and add in the proper identifications of it, (N-number, etc), and also copy over its ident screenshot JPG file. The FG and RG textures are all interchangeable.

Bill

OleBoy
May 24th, 2011, 06:41
Nice paint LH. A carbon fiber prop even. I bet them things are spendy in the real world. I remember buying one for my r/c pattern plane to the tune of $130.00. And that one was only a 15 inch prop!

jpmouse
May 24th, 2011, 19:06
Hey JPMouse,

Terribly easy. Copy/paste that particular texture folder into the RG model's folder, then in the RG's aircraft.cfg file, copy/paste its last Registry block to the bottom of the list of Registries (make a new one) and reset the numbers to be the next one down in series, and add in the proper identifications of it, (N-number, etc), and also copy over its ident screenshot JPG file. The FG and RG textures are all interchangeable.

Bill

Sucess! Had to twist my brain a little to realize that the Stripes One texture was already in the RG folder and renaming FG to RG flummoxed me for a while, but I got her done and do I love it. Also downloaded the new "Red Cop Magnet that you made. She's a real beauty as well. Thanks Bill! Gonna be a long night - I just can't seem to stop flying her.:applause:

Lionheart
May 25th, 2011, 14:59
Nice paint LH. A carbon fiber prop even. I bet them things are spendy in the real world. I remember buying one for my r/c pattern plane to the tune of $130.00. And that one was only a 15 inch prop!

There is one in America that has a $6,000.00 prop on it. I dont know if its CF, but I am sure it must be. The plane also does serious high speeds, so it must be a nicely modified Dynamic.

FAC257
May 28th, 2011, 17:03
Bill

Just had a chance to make a first flight using this new paint. Very cool indeed.

Thanks!

FAC

Lionheart
May 28th, 2011, 18:57
Damn...! That girl looks tons better on your computer then mine! I need to do an update on that N-number. A bit high on the stripe.

Thanks FAC257.