PDA

View Full Version : Please Be Careful With Missions Files

flyer01
May 22nd, 2011, 12:24
This needs to be posted on all forums that talk about CLod. This was posted by fearlessfrog on the IL-2 CLoD forum.

flyer01:salute:

Hi,

I'll post this here on the main forum, as it's not got much traction in the FMB sub-forum:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22978

In summary, download mission files from people you have some knowledge about. The scripting of mission in CoD is powerful, but allows bad people to do bad things, i.e. a mission file has permissions to access your other non-CoD files etc.

In the world of sims the chance of anything bad happening is (I think) very, very small, but people need to at least have the info to make their own judgement.

I'm very much enjoying CoD, and hope to see it getting better and better over time, but this type of issue is a real security vulnerability and should be addressed, hopefully quickly.

Thanks.

stansdds
May 23rd, 2011, 02:40
This needs to be posted on all forums that talk about CLod. This was posted by fearlessfrog on the IL-2 CLoD forum.

Hi,

I'll post this here on the main forum, as it's not got much traction in the FMB sub-forum:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22978

In summary, download mission files from people you have some knowledge about. The scripting of mission in CoD is powerful, but allows bad people to do bad things, i.e. a mission file has permissions to access your other non-CoD files etc.

In the world of sims the chance of anything bad happening is (I think) very, very small, but people need to at least have the info to make their own judgement.

I'm very much enjoying CoD, and hope to see it getting better and better over time, but this type of issue is a real security vulnerability and should be addressed, hopefully quickly.

Thanks.
I don't know, sim sites get hacked all the time. It won't take long for the hackers and malware writers to latch onto such an easy way into someone's computer. Yep, staying away from CLoD until these issues are nailed down.

flyer01
May 23rd, 2011, 05:15
I don't know, sim sites get hacked all the time. It won't take long for the hackers and malware writers to latch onto such an easy way into someone's computer. Yep, staying away from CLoD until these issues are nailed down.

The same can happen in any flight sim PC, console download. Anytime you put a download that is a add-on on your PC this can happen.

On SOH that is why the Mod,s check the uploads before leting them be downloaded.

Its the beta testers that are at risk.

This same rule go's with CLoD.

Do not download mission or any addon to your PC unless you trust the person your getting the addon from.

Nothing new with this just a reminder.