PDA

View Full Version : Picture request, Thorp T-18 "N831GR"

OleBoy
May 22nd, 2011, 08:33
I have the image from airliners.net that shows a nice side view. That's about the best I've found. I got that part on my paint and it looks real good. But I need others if I want to complete the repaint. I've searched high and low and came up with nothing.

Does anyone know of any pictures high resolution pictures taken of this one?

I sure could use some help. This one will go in the bin without tail feather and wing shots :kilroy:

Here it is currently
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5004/mdlview.jpg

falcon409
May 22nd, 2011, 09:17
You'd think that an airplane with as fancy a paint job as that one has would have pics all over the place, lol, yet it appears there are about 4 total. . . .none showing anything more than the side view. Zooming in gives the impression that each wingtip and the horizontal stabilizer have "tiger paws" that wrap over the edges. It also looks like there's something on the top of the wings but I can only venture a guess that it might be the tigers legs stretching across to grab the edges of the wing tips.

I used every combination I could think of to get other shots, but everything I used gave me the same four shots.:salute:

Meshman
May 22nd, 2011, 09:42
Well........ You could always look up the reg number, email or snail mail the owner and sweet talk him/her to see if they have any pictures. :kilroy:

OleBoy
May 22nd, 2011, 10:18
I could send them an email. But if I have to go to that length I'm not interested. I've tried making contact with other aircraft owners for the same situation. Never got any response.

Then again, I could just wing it to get it done. I don't think I will though.

Thanks for the assist in trying. :)

falcon409
May 22nd, 2011, 10:21
Well........ You could always look up the reg number, email or snail mail the owner and sweet talk him/her to see if they have any pictures. :kilroy:
Yea, I did that once when I was working on Tim's Grumman Tiger. The owner actually went out that afternoon and shot some additional photos for me and sent them to me via e-mail. I sent her a nice screenshot when I was finished and she was really tickled that her airplane was being flown in MSFS, lol.:salute: