PDA

View Full Version : All Star Race

EasyEd
May 21st, 2011, 20:59
Hey All,

While not a points race the all star race does show a bit about the potential of the cars. The reason is that no points are on the line and since it is 100 laps the cars are run at about the max they can put out. Gives some indication of what manufacturers are strongest.

So the results

1st Ford
2nd Toyota
3rd Toyota
4th Chevy (Stewart)
5th Ford
6th Ford
7th Toyota
8th Ford
9th through 20th Chevy and Dodge (Dodge was 13th and 18th)
21st Toyota but only because Kasey wrecked - the car was strong and likely would have been up front.

I been sayin for well over a year Toyota has had the advantage with the Ford FR9 engine coming on strong. Now the Fords are probably at least as good as and I think a bit better than the Toyotas with more power to come as they continue to find power in the engine.

Jimmie has a monster uphill battle to win a title this year.

As Joe Friday says to the lady... Well you know the rest...

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
May 21st, 2011, 22:02
Listen......... you hear that?

The needle is skipping.
Time to change the record.

Cazzie
May 22nd, 2011, 02:57
EasyEd, it looks right now like Brian France is not his father or grandpa and he is not going to level the playing field for GM, maybe it is time they tried a little innovating. I agree, Ford has a winner in the FR9 engine. And Carl Edwards is taking advantage of that engine, this looks like his year.

Rowdy drove a good race, but this was Cousin Carl's race all night.

Wonder if JJ will wear no. 5 again? :icon_lol: Tried something new last night, stuck pins in Cupie Dolls. :icon_lol:

Caz

wombat666
May 22nd, 2011, 05:01
Why should the 'playing field' be levelled?
I could never quite figure out the old NASCAR 'regulators' dis-advantaging one manufacturer who's done a better job within the existing framework.
:173go1:

Cazzie
May 22nd, 2011, 06:30
I could never quite figure out the old NASCAR 'regulators' dis-advantaging one manufacturer who's done a better job within the existing framework.

You will hear no complaint from me, innovation should be the key, keep up or go home.

Caz

Panther_99FS
May 22nd, 2011, 06:44
You will hear no complaint from me, innovation should be the key, keep up or go home.

Caz

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Panther_99FS
May 22nd, 2011, 07:13

Yep! If you want everything "equal", might as well disband NASCAR, go back to "IROC", and call it a day....

EasyEd
May 22nd, 2011, 15:05
Hey All,

Innovaton is covered under NASCAR rules section 12-1 Actions detrimental to stock car racing... Create a great car in your garage and "run what ya brung" is dead. No racing series I know of is about that. That is old school non-corporate thinking. Because there is zero effort to ever change what we have or create anything new you need to get used to what we have, settle for it and enjoy it cause it's all your ever gonna get from now on. The money is just too big.

-Ed-

redriver6
May 22nd, 2011, 16:24
Jimmie has a monster uphill battle to win a title this year.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

poor jj....he has to slog his way all the way up from 2nd in points:kilroy::icon_lol:

Cazzie
May 23rd, 2011, 03:53
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

poor jj....he has to slog his way all the way up from 2nd in points:kilroy::icon_lol:

:applause::applause::applause: :icon_lol:

Panther_99FS
May 23rd, 2011, 05:04
Actually,
Johnson's 2nd place shows just how strong & talented Rick Hendrick Motorsports, Johnson & Knaus are....

Right now, I don't think Rick Hendrick Chevy's are as fast as RCR Chevy's....but the Hendrick Drivers are performing as good, if not better than the RCR drivers are in the points....

Harvick & Bowyer have shown that they can hang with the Fords & Toyotas....