PDA

View Full Version : Etendard IV M/P final package is out!!

sparouty
May 20th, 2011, 11:40
Hi!
This time this is it!!
The final Etendard package is available on the RFN website here : http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Projets.htm

I'm very pleased and also a little proud of our product : I hope you'll enjoy it!
Almost 2 years of work was a long period but with such a team it was really great!
Thank you to all of you who helped me during these months!!

Last you'll find a paintkit and also the last version of the Clemenceau (which should fix crash issues)...

My job is done, yours is now starting : have fun!!

Regards,
Sylvain

hae5904
May 20th, 2011, 11:45
Awesome Sylvain!! Downloading now. :jump:
And thanks for the repaint kit!

Salut!
Hank

IanHenry
May 20th, 2011, 11:57
Thanks for the head up.

Regards,
Ian.

ZsoltB
May 20th, 2011, 12:03
Merci beaucoup! :france:

Regards,

Zsolt

Cleartheprop
May 20th, 2011, 12:07
thanks for this terrific work Sylvain and all the team of the RFN!

Dave Torkington
May 20th, 2011, 12:15
Superb work Sylvain - I can confirm the tailhook has been tested and can even withstand my type of landing!

Thanks to you and the team - especially for making this freeware :salute:

Fireball6
May 20th, 2011, 12:22
Thank you very much for this superb Masterpiece Sylvain :applause:

Dirk

delta_lima
May 20th, 2011, 12:28
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/sonosuke32000/hooray-zoidberg.jpg

:icon_lol:

Thanks so much, Sylvain - what a treat, with the new repaints, and updated carrier, as well. I like how you're arranged the deck!

dl

mmann
May 20th, 2011, 12:57
A great big THANK YOU!!!

I can't wait to start flying this fantastic carrier/aircraft combination.

Regards, Mike Mann

GB
May 20th, 2011, 13:09
Another big Thank you. Amazing quality jet

fsafranek
May 20th, 2011, 15:34
In addition to the updated Etendard IVM and the new Etendard IVP, this final package includes an AI refueling Etendard IV.

The new models include reworked cockpit and canopy, a start configuration panel (cold and dark, and fuel management), multiplayer optimizations, enhanced flight models, enhanced repaints (including some some bug fixes and new liveries), reworked cabin and canopy (including jettison canopy and inside surface mist) and much more.

Very cool stuff. Thank you Sylvain!
:ernae:

doublecool
May 20th, 2011, 15:58
Very cool stuff. Thank you Sylvain!

I'll double that :wavey:

I just trapped and launched twice
This project is so well done :salute:

Thank you again Sylvain

Kiwikat
May 20th, 2011, 16:06
Any VC screenies to tie me over till I can try it out tomorrow night? :wavey:

peter12213
May 20th, 2011, 16:06
SPOT ON!!! :salute: :jump:

b52bob
May 20th, 2011, 17:38
merci mon ami

fsafranek
May 20th, 2011, 17:52
For anyone who hasn't found them yet there are several manuals in the "EtendardIV Documents" folder including an English language Pilot's Manual and Carrier Landing Tutorial.

peter12213
May 20th, 2011, 18:23
And another pointer there is no HUD for the IVP recce model its awesome! Best freeware to date this Gents! :salute: :ernae::jump:

HvyEng
May 20th, 2011, 18:47
Speaking of the HUD, was the it removed? The gunsight still works but the HUD functions seem to be INOP on the new model, did something change operationally?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
--Dan<o:p></o:p>

fsafranek
May 20th, 2011, 22:38
Speaking of the HUD, was the it removed? The gunsight still works but the HUD functions seem to be INOP on the new model, did something change operationally?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
HUD works fine. See page 12 and 13 of the manual.
Which aircraft in particular is it not working for you in?

Tartuffe
May 20th, 2011, 23:35
Salut Sylvain,

Merci beaucoup pour ce cadeau !

:jump: :jump: :jump:

--------------------------------------------

Hi Sylvain,

Many Thanks for this present !

:jump: :jump: :jump:

alain0568
May 21st, 2011, 00:04
Bonjour,

-Merci Sylvain ,ainsi qu'ą toute l'équipe!:applause::applause::applause:
Un must have!!! assurément!
A+

Alain

-

Dag
May 21st, 2011, 00:13
Hoooorayyyyy !!!

I need to test this a bit this evening, when home :-)

HvyEng
May 21st, 2011, 04:56
OK, Hud is working fine now. Minor point for anyone using the beta versions, delete ALL previous files before installing current package. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
This thing flies like a dream! Thank you!<o:p></o:p>

Railrunner130
May 21st, 2011, 06:00
Many thanks for the incredible job you've done!

delta_lima
May 21st, 2011, 08:36
about 25% of the way through, I get this error:

I've tried re-downloading, rebooting, and of course, reinstalling ... no joy.

Never had this problem on previous (beta) versions ... thoughs?

thanks,

wiltzei
May 21st, 2011, 08:41
Try running Check Disk.

deathfromafar
May 21st, 2011, 09:17
Any VC screenies to tie me over till I can try it out tomorrow night? :wavey:
Kiwikat, I took some screens of the VC but for whatever reason I could not get them to upload to here or my photo server.

I can tell you this, the VC is extremely nice and I have no problem calling it payware quality. The texture shading & detail looks great. There are new added details & animations in the VC as well as vast improvement of the canopy frame shaping(very well rounded/not blocky with bolt & nut details). The models exhibit lots of exterior details and high end texture detail as well. There are loads of animations and working systems that will keep most advanced simmers very happy for some time. It flies very well and the carrier operation is super smooth.

I have to commend the development team as they have turned out one of the very best FSX aircraft model packs I have ever used so far. It is payware quality and you gave it to us for free and for which I am sure the community is deeply grateful as I am!

:salute::applause: BRAVO!!!

sparouty
May 21st, 2011, 09:45
Hi everybody!
Many thanks for your very nice comments!

about 25% of the way through, I get this error:

I've tried re-downloading, rebooting, and of course, reinstalling ... no joy.

Never had this problem on previous (beta) versions ... thoughs?

thanks,

It's a very odd issue...
I have to repack it for fixing some issues in the manual (some wrong illustrations...) May be it will fix your issue...
I'll keep you informed

EDIT: I updated the package let me know if it is OK now?

Regards,
Sylvain

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

delta_lima
May 21st, 2011, 20:09
I did check disk, and also downloaded your new version.

I don't know which it was - but it works fine now. I'm suspect is was my system, since all other posters seemed to say it was fine to begin with.

Regardless - I'm thrilled .... time to go take some pictures in the /P ... :jump: Merci beaucoup, mon ami!

dl

sparouty
May 22nd, 2011, 01:35
Kiwikat, I took some screens of the VC but for whatever reason I could not get them to upload to here or my photo server.

Hi!
Once again many thanks guy for your comments!
Me and the team appreciate a lot such feedbacks on thise quite confidential French jet...

Frank had written 2 very nice articles on our product, it gives you a good idea of what it
looks like finally:
For the Etendard IVM: http://www.mirage4fs.com/preview25.html
For the Etendard IVP:http://www.mirage4fs.com/preview27.html

Regards,
Sylvain

wiltzei
May 22nd, 2011, 06:08
A great piece of equipment for a freeware - congrats for the whole team.

I'd like to request a few improvements to eliminate using mouse to minimum. FS Action shortcuts (Toggle Carb Heat for example) for at least the following would be nice.
- PHI mode cycle & bearing pointer (close/open cowl flaps & heading bug decrease/increase?)
- For each camera onboard on the IVP variant
- Breguet stopwatch needle

Dag
May 22nd, 2011, 08:33
Overall I would rate this addon as one of the best so far for FSX, both freeware and payware taken into consideration. Modelling is superb and so are the textures. Sylvain shows us that specular maps can be used to enhance panel lines and their appearance instead of bump maps on a very smooth French fuselage. Superb work !
The VC is also something to be real proud of, payware quality and beyond :-)

Many many thanks !!

sparouty
May 22nd, 2011, 12:25
Overall I would rate this addon as one of the best so far for FSX, both freeware and payware taken into consideration. Modelling is superb and so are the textures. Sylvain shows us that specular maps can be used to enhance panel lines and their appearance instead of bump maps on a very smooth French fuselage. Superb work !
The VC is also something to be real proud of, payware quality and beyond :-)

Many many thanks !!

No more! no more! I'm blushing...:redface:
Dag I never give you the final word of our discussion on "adding reflection" on the ETD... I'm sorry of that... Actually, I had long talks with Michel, our former ETD pilot, and I never succeed in convince him to had such a map : ETD paint was shiny but not glossy...
Moreover, after a couple of weeks on board with an important air activity, the paint became "satiny" and weathered...

Regards,
Sylvain

delta_lima
May 22nd, 2011, 15:08
Bonjour Sylvain,

Just a question regarding the Clem: any chances of it being released without static aircraft? It might give that lovely ship some greater flexibility for the possibility of experimenting with AI aircraft aboard the carrier ...

I enjoyed doing AI traffic for carriers in FS9, and am interested to try in FSX - but one needs a clear deck to begin with.

Just a thought...

dl

fallenphoenix1986
May 22nd, 2011, 16:44
Merci, was my birthday on friday so took the weekend off, so got to spend most of yesterday trapping the IVP on te new Clem :jump:
Couple of things I was wondering though, was the Alouette removed completly, and is it just me or is the IVP easier to fly than the IVM?

Craig

wallydog
May 22nd, 2011, 18:10
Sylvain,

Beautiful job. I recently discovered this plane and it is a real treat.

I had a question when looking around the virtual cockpit using the mouse. I usually have the space bar pressed and can view with the mouse but was unable to do in the cockpit. I know that the space bar is used to capture snapshots with the camera but is there a different key assignment for this so that I can continue to use the space bar for cockpit viewing using the mouse?

Thanks again for a beautifully crafted add-on

sparouty
May 22nd, 2011, 22:15
Hi!
Here some answers to your questions...

Couple of things I was wondering though, was the Alouette removed completly, and is it just me or is the IVP easier to fly than the IVM?

Alouette was removed because she generates crash for unkown reason...
IVM and IVP have the same FDE, may be having a better view helps??

I had a question when looking around the virtual cockpit using the mouse. I usually have the space bar pressed and can view with the mouse but was unable to do in the cockpit. I know that the space bar is used to capture snapshots with the camera but is there a different key assignment for this so that I can continue to use the space bar for cockpit viewing using the mouse?
This side effect is known but so far I don't have other solution... Is there a way to use Space bar without neutralized it? I will dig it...

Regards,
S.

SkippyBing
May 23rd, 2011, 00:21

Just a thought, have you tried either re-assigning the mouse look to a different key or a joystick button?

Dag
May 23rd, 2011, 00:45
Dag I never give you the final word of our discussion on "adding reflection" on the ETD... I'm sorry of that... Actually, I had long talks with Michel, our former ETD pilot, and I never succeed in convince him to had such a map : ETD paint was shiny but not glossy...
Moreover, after a couple of weeks on board with an important air activity, the paint became "satiny" and weathered...

Regards,
Sylvain

Fully accepted Sylvain, this aircraft is superb:applause:

cortomalteseit
May 23rd, 2011, 01:17
Great, fantastic job. Many congratulations to the whole team of RFN.
You have all my appreciation!!! :applause:

ZsoltB
May 23rd, 2011, 01:28
I need French LSO voice!
Can someone help me?

Dag
May 23rd, 2011, 03:55
A Super Mystere B2 to the same quality would be a dream come true :-P ?

MDIvey
May 23rd, 2011, 05:07
I agree with Dag this add on is right up at the top of the list of the Best add ons for FSX. As a kid I used to think the IVM and P models the Etendard where a bit of an ugly duckling but its grown on me and the Clem Carrier is outstanding... I love all the little touches like the Deck crew and static aircraft. Thank you Sylvain and all those who helped you... a lot of fun.

Matt

fsafranek
May 23rd, 2011, 07:11
There have been some page changes at the RFN website.
The Etendard package, Etendard missions, and Clemenceau are now located here:

http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Creations.htm

fsafranek
May 23rd, 2011, 07:32
I need French LSO voice!
Can someone help me?
I found this in a discussion of one of the Etendard betas from last year:

The LSO's voice doesn't use the Etendard sound folder but dsd_xml_sound gauge and the Acceleration carrier mission sound files.
Please check that your VHF sound light is on (close to the gear lever), and also that Clemenceau Tacan frequency is tuned on Nav2 with PHI mode set to "Tac".

I don't know if that helps. If you want a French LSO voice you might have to install a French language copy of FSX. Those language files are probably commercial files copyrighted by Microsoft and shouldn't just be handed around.

delta_lima
May 23rd, 2011, 07:36
There have been some page changes at the RFN website.
The Etendard package, Etendard missions, and Clemenceau are not located here:

You maybe meant "now" .... :)

vora
May 23rd, 2011, 13:43
Merci beaucoup, Sylvain :applause:

fsafranek
May 23rd, 2011, 17:57
You maybe meant "now" .... :)
Yea, thanks. Fixed it. :icon_lol:

Dave Torkington
May 24th, 2011, 07:11

Just a little more Sylvain :applause:

We made a four ship on multiplayer last night and had a fantistic time. One of our team had worked out the Tacan setup and so we followed the needle to rendezvous with the Clemenceau and had the LSO talk us down [well, two of us got voice from the LSO and we have to work out why the other two didn't].

The carrier animations and launch setup are just superb. Love the way the canopy mists up and the drag chute works a treat too...

This model is definately deserving of an award or two - stunning work :salute:

sparouty
May 24th, 2011, 10:06
well, two of us got voice from the LSO and we have to work out why the other two didn't

Hi Dave,
Thank you! We spent also a lot of time around the Clem flying in multiplayer sessions...
For the LSO, check to have:
- green radio button On (left panel)
- PHI target selector on "Carrier" (aside the parking brake handle)
- Tacan/Nav2 tuned on 110.0Mhz

This should be enough to ear the "charming" LSO voice...
Ragards,
Sylvain

PS : very nice scenery Dave : Nīmes-Garons is great!!

Dave Torkington
May 24th, 2011, 13:35
Hi Dave,
Thank you! We spent also a lot of time around the Clem flying in multiplayer sessions...
For the LSO, check to have:
- green radio button On (left panel)
- PHI target selector on "Carrier" (aside the parking brake handle)
- Tacan/Nav2 tuned on 110.0Mhz

This should be enough to ear the "charming" LSO voice...
Ragards,
Sylvain

PS : very nice scenery Dave : Nīmes-Garons is great!!

You're very welcome Sylvain and thank you for the instructions. I think we have to check the PHI selector was on the correct setting.

I'm not sure about the voice being 'charming'.... Perhaps in French he might be!

I read the section in the manual about 'In Flight Refuelling', but could I ask if it's possible to see the refuelling basket of another pilot in a peer to peer session?

Glad you like Nīmes-Garons. I think we were very fortunate there was excellent information available to help us.

Thanks,

Dave :salute:

calypsos
May 24th, 2011, 14:08
Brilliant work! I have just one small query! I get a rather annoying undulating 'wave like' roar in the cockpit, that is not linked to the engine noise. It may well be authentic, but it is starting to give me headache:icon_lol: Anybody else heard it?

Dave Torkington
May 25th, 2011, 07:36
Brilliant work! I have just one small query! I get a rather annoying undulating 'wave like' roar in the cockpit, that is not linked to the engine noise. It may well be authentic, but it is starting to give me headache:icon_lol: Anybody else heard it?

Hi Calypsos,

Yes, I get it too, but only in high 'G' manouvers. Sounds to me like the kind of buffeting noise you might get in such turns... I think! :salute:

I suggest you either take paracetamol or treat the old girl a bit more gentle :icon_lol:

dvj
May 25th, 2011, 08:14

I hear this as well.

sparouty
May 25th, 2011, 09:17
I hear this as well.
Hi!

Yes it sounds like the buffeting sound... You can set it off using the "Stick shaker" switch: it is on the left sidepanel (item #3 page 5)

Headache? mmm... it means that we have used the right sound!! :icon_lol:
Never forget that you're flying a typical Dassault jet : meaning "under powered"!!

Regards,
Sylvain

hschuit
May 26th, 2011, 03:13
Sylvain, thank you for this superb aircraft :applause::applause::applause:. At the risk of asking a stupid question: How do I fold the wings? I searched through the English manual, on page 31 it says "5 Half folding wings" but I could not find the switch.

thanks for your advice, Henk.

Chris Sykes
May 26th, 2011, 06:17
very nice aircraft!!! :applause:now wheres the super entard?:icon_lol:

bmd
May 26th, 2011, 08:25
Sylvain, thank you for this superb aircraft :applause::applause::applause:. At the risk of asking a stupid question: How do I fold the wings? I searched through the English manual, on page 31 it says "5 Half folding wings" but I could not find the switch.

Hello,

The folding of the wing tips is done by a mechanician. So, to simulate the action of the mechanician, you will have to use the shortcut command to fold the wing. The default shortcut command is Snift+Ctrl+W but you may choose another key assignment.

Have a good day

Benoit

fsafranek
May 26th, 2011, 09:13

Use the Wing Fold command to fold/unfold the wing tips. On the real aircraft the tips are folded manually by the ground crew; there is no switch or level for the pilot to use. In FS the aircraft must be on the ground before you can manually fold the wings. And though not totally realistic, you don't have to be parked -- you can fold them while taxiing.

Sorry bmd, just saw your post. Would have posted sooner but was waiting for FSX to load. :icon_lol:

sparouty
May 26th, 2011, 09:18
very nice aircraft!!! :applause:now wheres the super entard?:icon_lol:

Super-Etendard? no now it's time for "farniente", long evening drinking fresh drinks and eating peanuts, saussage, etc.. with friends...:icon_lol:

More seriously, Super-Etendard is not on our priority list so far, we need something more different...some carriers for sure, after... who says "Crusader"?!?

Regards,
Sylvain

hschuit
May 26th, 2011, 09:28
Benoit & Frank, thank you for your help. Unfortunately it does not work for me. I tried to fold the wings on the ground, at cold & dark state and also with running engine, also tried different flaps settings - nothing... The problem is not my wingfold key, I checked that with the stock F/A-18 Hornet where it works properly. Anyway, while it would have been nice to have it working I can perfectly live without it.

deathfromafar
May 26th, 2011, 10:28
Super-Etendard? no now it's time for "farniente", long evening drinking fresh drinks and eating peanuts, saussage, etc.. with friends...:icon_lol:

More seriously, Super-Etendard is not on our priority list so far, we need something more different...some carriers for sure, after... who says "Crusader"?!?

Regards,
Sylvain

CRUSADER!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

JIMJAM
May 26th, 2011, 13:20
Never to late for a Thanks :salute:

I am a pretty jaded flier. Old school from Microprose F-19 till now. When I load and fly a plane and I am no longer looking at my computer drawing graphics but can smell the old aluminum, burnt Jet A and my face cracks a grin,:) you know you did a dam fine job.
I know nothing of this jet or project but stumbled apon it and glad I did. A nice blend of my favs. Old warbirds coming of age and transforming into the jets of today. A great era.
Thanks for the effort that was put into this aircraft.
PS- And THANKS for no vr cockpit reflections! They have become the music people feel they must add to every stinking Youtube video like its a law. The reflections imo were a gimic when they first were used and now are just pet peeve of mine. That and the helmet in the rearviews and crt gimic. UUUUg! Nice condensation effect on the glass thought.

sparouty
May 26th, 2011, 14:05
Benoit & Frank, thank you for your help. Unfortunately it does not work for me. I tried to fold the wings on the ground, at cold & dark state and also with running engine, also tried different flaps settings - nothing... The problem is not my wingfold key, I checked that with the stock F/A-18 Hornet where it works properly. Anyway, while it would have been nice to have it working I can perfectly live without it.

Hi!
In order to have the wingfold working in multiplayer session, we linked it to Exit#3 animation (press Shift+E then 3 to fire it). We added in parallel a custom event to have wingfold key firing the Exit #3.
It seems that, in some cases (using some joystick for instance), this custom event doesn't work properly...Why?? I really don't know...
I suggest you to use directly Exit #3 key stroke instead of Wingfold key...

Let me know if it helps,
Regards,
Sylvain

ZsoltB
May 26th, 2011, 21:11
CRUSADER!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

http://www.simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=fsxcrusader2&x=15&y=12

:icon_lol:

ZsoltB
May 27th, 2011, 03:01
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7536/2011527125622234.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/2011527125622234.jpg/)
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/1937/2011527125344312.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/2011527125344312.jpg/)

hschuit
May 27th, 2011, 08:48
Hi!
In order to have the wingfold working in multiplayer session, we linked it to Exit#3 animation (press Shift+E then 3 to fire it). We added in parallel a custom event to have wingfold key firing the Exit #3.
It seems that, in some cases (using some joystick for instance), this custom event doesn't work properly...Why?? I really don't know...
I suggest you to use directly Exit #3 key stroke instead of Wingfold key...

Let me know if it helps,
Regards,
Sylvain

Thanks to Sylvain the problem is solved: I still had the beta aircraft.cfg version. With the new file everything works by the book.

delta_lima
May 30th, 2011, 16:58
Extra Textures Pack ... :jump::salute:

http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Avions.htm

Get it while it's hot ... :)

dl

ZsoltB
May 30th, 2011, 21:42
Ahh!

:jump::applause::jump::applause::jump: :icon_lol:

Thank you!

Zsolt

deathfromafar
May 31st, 2011, 09:37
Sparouty,

Everything is working beautifully with the Etendard for me except one little matter and that is that for some reason I cannot get the AI Tanker to work. I have followed the steps and in the pop-up window, the Tanker flights do not appear. What am I doing wrong? (I know I must be missing something!). I forgot to mention that it appears that there are title conflicts with the AI aircraft when starting the sim due to there being 2 AI Aircraft named "EtendardIVM Nounou 59 AI" in both the SimObjects folders Aircraft and Misc.

fsafranek
June 1st, 2011, 08:42
Extra Textures Pack ... :jump::salute:

http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Avions.htm

Get it while it's hot ... :)

dl
Thanks for spotting that!

delta_lima
June 1st, 2011, 09:59
My pleasure. I check RFN and Flying Stations regularly ... :engel016:

Just found a glass fix - see "Correctif" here:

Addresses a small canopy issue on the P and refueling versions.

dl

mika74
June 1st, 2011, 11:23
hello,
Just a nice video (something like a teaser) made by Amentiba for this excellent aircraft...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTnehuAURaI&feature=player_detailpage
MiKa

ZsoltB
June 1st, 2011, 12:45
Very very GREAT video!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:

Thank you!
Zsolt

wilycoyote4
June 1st, 2011, 16:19
3 screens of vaious throttle and weight settings
cat launch speeds include the carrier speed of 25 KIAS, no wind
From 166 to 183 KIAS-----using pause key is hard to do, so speeds are give-or-take a couple knots.

I must guess the launch speeds are because of work around mentioned in the T-45C thread.
trims well, I think, trimmed to 167 KIAS, alpha 6.3 degrees, fuel 67 %, rate of descent 100 to 200 feet-per-minute (30 to 60 meters-per-second) on carrier approach until I had to adjust when I was close, more or less at call-the-ball.

"cut, cut...........3 wire........deck red"
Good work ! :applause::applause::applause::applause: LSO does add to the simulation.

sparouty
June 2nd, 2011, 01:50
3 screens of vaious throttle and weight settings
cat launch speeds include the carrier speed of 25 KIAS, no wind
From 166 to 183 KIAS-----using pause key is hard to do, so speeds are give-or-take a couple knots.

I must guess the launch speeds are because of work around mentioned in the T-45C thread.

Hi!
166knt seems too high... Are you using the brakes trigger to fire the launch or Shift+Space?
My work-around uses only "brakes" events, Shift+Space is the Acceleration procedure...
You should have a launch speed around 130knts so don't forget to trim and set full-flaps...
Regards,
S.

ZsoltB
June 2nd, 2011, 05:54
I installed the HYERES Palyvestre LFTH base
I noticed some texture anomaly (black aircrafts)

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/5113/201162143138109.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/201162143138109.jpg/)
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4255/20116214314978.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/20116214314978.jpg/)

Is there a solution?

wilycoyote4
June 2nd, 2011, 09:06
Hi!
166knt seems too high... Are you using the brakes trigger to fire the launch or Shift+Space?
My work-around uses only "brakes" events, Shift+Space is the Acceleration procedure...
You should have a launch speed around 130knts so don't forget to trim and set full-flaps...
Regards,
S.
143 KIAS with 25 knot carrier speed so cat track speed is 128 knots.
OK, brakes work but when I first tried it, it took several seconds to work, not the 1 second "little tap" as stated on pages 17 and 18 in the manual. I don't know why it took so long but holding the brake long enough---6 or 7 seconds or more counting the seconds on more launches-----maybe future cat launch will be shorter.

Of course my computor is getting mighty old so maybe a better computor is obviously needed.

Anyway the cat launch work around is a great help and I hope adaptable to other aircraft. :applause::applause::applause:

sparouty
June 3rd, 2011, 23:12
OK, brakes work but when I first tried it, it took several seconds to work, not the 1 second "little tap" as stated on pages 17 and 18 in the manual. I don't know why it took so long but holding the brake long enough---6 or 7 seconds or more counting the seconds on more launches

Hi!
The delay should be around 4sec. I'll check the manual ...
This 4 sec delay is the time between pilot's salute and effective shot. If you use the Clemenceau, you'll have the Shooter's animation runnig during this period : check of the deck and ask for the launch.
Regards,
S.

Hitchhiker
June 11th, 2011, 15:53
Just caught wind of this as I was pretty hectic moving in the last month or 2. Well done Sylvain. Merci beaucoup!!!!

Hitchhiker
June 13th, 2011, 10:28
Hi Sylvain,

I am having an issue with using the spacebar command to move the orientation of the camera when in VC view. It works as usual with the other views but stops working in the VC. Is there something I can change in the cfg file(s) to restore this functionality? I don't have TrackIR (yet) so having this functionality is vital.

Cheers!

sparouty
June 13th, 2011, 12:16
Hi Sylvain,

I am having an issue with using the spacebar command to move the orientation of the camera when in VC view. It works as usual with the other views but stops working in the VC. Is there something I can change in the cfg file(s) to restore this functionality? I don't have TrackIR (yet) so having this functionality is vital.

Cheers!

Hi!
I don't have myself TrackIR, but I don't use the mouse to command the view, I prefer use the hat switch with a "reset view" mapped on a butto : it allows me to keep my hand on the stick...

But any way, it seems that many people are embarrassed about the way I coded the camera control, so I coded an alternate gauge to free the space bar use.
Please find here an updated .cab file to replace the previous one into FSX/Gauges:
http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/Creations/ETD_IVP_Camera.CAB

Then after, edit the EtendardIVP's panel.cfg file, in the [Vcockpit01] block, replace:

gauge14=ETD_IVP_Camera!Camera_Control, 0, 0,
by
gauge14=ETD_IVP_Camera!Camera_Control_Alt, 0, 0,

The new keyboard command for camera is "Shift+Space" (no longer use thanks to the customized catapult launch)

Let me know if it helps?
Regards,
Sylvain

Hitchhiker
June 13th, 2011, 14:15
Hi again Sylvain,

This restored the space/camera functionality and as you said "The new keyboard command for camera is "Shift+Space" (no longer use thanks to the customized catapult launch)".

Is there any combination I can use to cat launch now that Shift+space is not available in the VC any more? I can use it in the other views but of course it would be nice to have it in the VC as well.

By the way, I really have the say that this version of the Etendard is epic. The detail with the bolts on the canopy is exquisite, and I cannot believe it runs so well on my machine given the detail of the VC. I wish my RealAir Duke ran with that FPS!

Thanks a lot again Sylvain!

sparouty
June 13th, 2011, 22:07
Is there any combination I can use to cat launch now that Shift+space is not available in the VC any more?

Hi!
With the ETD, Shift+Space is not used for catapult launch. The Acceleration cat launch is replaced by a customized launched to have an adjusted launch speed (which is not possible with Acceleration feature).
This customized launch is fired by striking brakes once.

Regards,
Sylvain

fallenphoenix1986
June 14th, 2011, 05:56
Just had my first flight in weeks and thought I'd give the cat-shot work around a go, I have the shooters arm animation and a couple of seconds latter the cat "fires". However I'm getting a cold cat, rather than being shot off i'm going off under engine power alone so by the time I get to the end of the deck I'm doing about 30 knots. Strange thing is that I still get the catapult sound effects.

I think I'm doing it right, shift-u, shift-i, trim, flaps, throttle up, brakes and wait?

Would be pretty sool to get it working as you say the accel feature being set up for the F/A-18 can be annoying on smaller / lighter aircraft.

Craig

Hitchhiker
June 14th, 2011, 08:46
Thanks Sylvain,

I will give it a shot (pun intended :icon_lol:) later this evening.

Merci.

sparouty
June 14th, 2011, 10:00
Just had my first flight in weeks and thought I'd give the cat-shot work around a go, I have the shooters arm animation and a couple of seconds latter the cat "fires". However I'm getting a cold cat, rather than being shot off i'm going off under engine power alone so by the time I get to the end of the deck I'm doing about 30 knots. Strange thing is that I still get the catapult sound effects.

Hi Craig,
Strange behaviour..
It seems that one part of my code is working fine : the shooter animation, the 4sec delay, the cat launch sound etc...
The only feature that is not working is the speed control which is supposed to give you the appropriate launch speed... This feature is done by SpeedControl.dll, a Doug Dawson's gauge done for RCBCO3 addon, which need FSUIPC to work.

Do you have, in your panel.cfg files the following entry:
gauge08=SpeedControl!xml2ipc, 0, 0,

Last, is FSUIPC working well on your system? Do you have a FSUIPC showing up in your "Addon" top menu?

Regards,
Sylvain

fallenphoenix1986
June 14th, 2011, 10:58
Thanks for that, FSUIPC wasnt active. Just went up again this time at 134 knots off the deck. Should have more time to enjoy this bird over the next few days, bit ashamed of my approaches following the launch... three one wires in a row :kilroy:

Craig

Hitchhiker
June 15th, 2011, 11:32
Everything working as you said here too Sylvain. Many thanks again for taking the trouble to provide a work-around for the issue! You're ace.

SADT
July 25th, 2011, 00:47
Hi Sylvain, :wavey:
Great work on the Etendard! I love it to bits.. Literally.. ->
I was wondering how an Etendard Pilot with a full load of fuel (With External tanks full) and rocket launch pods might take of from "Le Clem"? Using your special launch method, as soon as I leave the deck, I punch very suddenly, and very fatally towards the ocean, stick-shacker/buffet at full bore.. :mixedsmi: . So far, I have cost La Royale 3 Etendards!! ;-) I was wondering what the procedure for a successful launch was?

Craig :-)

hae5904
July 25th, 2011, 02:51
Hi Craig,

I know that problem! My solution is quite simple, once you load the flight, select another repaint or version of the Etendard and it's solved.
It happens especially with saved flights.

Cheers,
Hank

SADT
July 25th, 2011, 03:13
Thanks Hank! :-) :salute:

But it also happens (LSO Voice problems) after I select the Etendard after doing the default flight routine upon FSx startup.. Do you get this too?

Cheers,
Craig :-)

seawing
August 22nd, 2011, 05:45
Hi everyone! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/wavey.gif First I want to say thanks to everyone involved in bringing out this awesome aircraft for FSX. @Craig: I just tried to do my first cat-shot from the Clem and I suffered exactly the same problem, as you did - falling into the ocean. I tried again - to no avail. Then I tried a take-off from Solenzara AB - so from a land airport - again, the plane did not lift up. Do you experience the same behavior? Is there anyone able to help in this? Cheers, Seawing

hae5904
August 23rd, 2011, 05:26
Have you tried the way I descibed above?

Hank

sparouty
August 24th, 2011, 10:39
Have you tried the way I descibed above?

Hank

Hi!
A quick message from the sunny place I'm having some days off.
Some saved filghts may set a mess into Etendard's variables, so Hank's solution should works for most of cases.
Another typical issue is due to FSUIPC : be sure that FSUIPC is well installed, and works OK (shows up into the top menu bar)

Regards,
Sylvain