PDA

View Full Version : ATC Sound

Bobr2
May 20th, 2011, 08:26
When using the ATC some of the messages sent or recived are all staticey, so you can not hear what is being said except to read it in the window. I have gone in and changed the sound to the default sound and still the same. I switch it to the Max Sound on board soune card and the same thing happens. Went to the soundmax.com web seight though you have to buy a driver update program to get them, I could not find them on the soundmax seight for down load. If any one can help me on this would be appreciated. The static is quite annowing.

roger-wilco-66
May 20th, 2011, 12:59
You could try to get used to it - compared to the real world the FSX ATC chatter is very well comprehensible, in my opinion.
Though I can't hear what you hear on your system, I suppose this is not a matter of drivers or sound cards.

You might want to look into an ATC addon for FSX, they have different voice recordings, but I doubt that they are without static:

http://www.jdtllc.com/

for example.

Cheers,
Mark

stansdds
May 21st, 2011, 03:47
It sounds like your onboard sound might not be able to handle everything.

And listening to real ATC... yep, static and garbled messages are heard and MS Flight Sim's ATC talks so slow compared to real ATC.