PDA

View Full Version : December 7 & Tora Tora Tora

Murray Cod
December 7th, 2008, 03:48
I do enjoy wayching the last 1/2 hour or so of Tora Tora Tora to help pass the time while doing the dishes of an evening. A couple of questions I did want to ask though in relation to the film.....

1. did they make a lot of full size replicas to destroy, or (god forbid) did they trash surplus aircraft? there ends up being a lot of burnt out P40s, a catalina or two and even a Dorneir flying boat if my recognition is correct. It must have cost an absolute fortune in the $ of the time to film the attack sequence.

2. how many stuntmen were injured? there is a couple of times when aircraft are out of control on the ground that the stuntmen look like they are literally running for their lives. some of the safety margins for filming appeared to be a bit too close for comfort.

regards
MC

norm
December 7th, 2008, 03:59
well at least for the catys i am shourre that they aer fake because have youve wached the way they burn? they look like thay are made out of balsa and cloth.

TomSteber
December 7th, 2008, 03:59
From what I rememeber, most of what you saw being destroyed was mock up planes. I do remember something about one scene where things got a little out of hand with one of the stunts and I believe they were able to use it in the movie. Boy, what a classic! WAY BETTER than Pearl Harbor with B.A.

Foute Man
December 7th, 2008, 04:19
check this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066473/goofs

read the remark about the P40's steel construction and the battleships

groeten