jankees
December 7th, 2008, 00:27
Has anybody tried this one yet?
http://abacuspub.com/hawker/

grunau_baby
December 7th, 2008, 00:54
Yep, as it is the same as this one:
http://secure.simmarket.com/first-class-simulations-hurricane-(de_2827).phtml

I can recomend it. Models are fully FSX, abit tough one fps on times, but very nice set of different versions. Great VC, too.

Some shots I took below:

Alex

lukecrowley571
December 7th, 2008, 01:07
I'd hold out for Aeroplane Heaven's Hurri myself. This one does look good externally, and has an excellent flight model, but the VC could be a lot better in my opinion. Some gauges and switches do some funny things (like mag switches that are off when they say they're on, and a turn and slip gauge that does shows some very strange slip readings); and the whole thing just looks 'wrong'. Sound's a bit iffy too.

CodyValkyrie
December 7th, 2008, 01:27
Aeroplane Heaven? For over a year there was no update on the P-38 which corrected the slip turn coordinator which worked backwards... and moved outside the gauge. Sure, it is a tired old song from me, but I gotta say I haven't been impressed with anything they released except the Tigermoth...

Still waiting for those FSX models they promised over a year ago as well... and then announced like 8 new planes.

Mithrin
December 7th, 2008, 02:16
I have the First Class thingie version too made by Daniel Dunn and it's pretty nice. No panel but who needs that anyway. I always fly from the VC anyway and that part is ok.

Plus you get a bunch of nice liveries from the start. Not a bad plane.

Nick C
December 7th, 2008, 02:44
The Hurricanes above at Simmarket and at Abacus are the First Class Simulations Hurricane by Dan. I just received a copy this last week and have to say it's a nice model.

SpaceWeevil
December 7th, 2008, 02:48
It's a great looking model apart from the holes in the spinners and those misplaced cannon, both of which seem to have survived the transition from FS9. In fairness, the machine gun versions looked very nice and it came with some really interesting paint schemes, but I still put it up on eBay after two days. I'm not holding by breath for the AH version, so my hopes for a decent Hurricane are still pinned on SU updating theirs.

IanP
December 7th, 2008, 02:58
I have a couple of minor problems with this version (one bit of modelling around the tail and some stuff around the front) but overall it's a really nice aircraft to fly. The scenery that comes with it could do with some work, but there are AI models included as well, although it is seriously lacking a paintkit, which is a pity with an aircraft that has gone through so many schemes.

I'd have no problems at all suggesting getting it. There is no competition at the moment so it has to be the best in class. ;)

Ian P.

Mithrin
December 7th, 2008, 03:43
I'd have no problems at all suggesting getting it. There is no competition at the moment so it has to be the best in class. ;)

Ian P.
That's exactly the reason why I decided to buy it. It's at least fully SP2 compatible and it's good to be able to fly these classics!

icarus
December 7th, 2008, 05:22
we are building also an sdk fsx hurricane next year on genuary or max february

Buddha13
December 7th, 2008, 08:32
Hi all,
I have this package and do like them very much.Waiting for the Wellington to hit the shelves at my local shop now.

Buddha13