PDA

View Full Version : Mytraffic X or Justflight TrafficX

swimeye
May 19th, 2011, 10:19
Hi!

My motherboard died on me a couple of months ago and I recently got a new one installed together with a new hard drive. Right now I am in the middle of the rebuilding process of FSX. Yesterday I installed FSX and Acceleration again. This time i think i will spice it up with some AI populating the skies and I am choosing between the two major commercial packages available. Mytraffix X or Just flight traffix X, reading the reviews both packages seem similar and score high points which make it difficult to choose with only a review as benchmark. So my question to you is: Do any of you have experience from both packages? (unlikely i guess) and if so, which one do you find the better?

AndyE1976
May 19th, 2011, 11:26
I don't have experience with those two, but the other package that I think is somewhat mainstream is Ultimate Traffic 2 which I have running quite nicely on mine.

idahosurge
May 19th, 2011, 13:52
I have been using MyTrafficX for close to three years and have never regretted my choice.

The author does an excellent job of support on his forums. If you go with MyTrafficX get 5.3 Pro (available from http://secure.simmarket.com/b.-renk-mytraffic-x-pro.phtml) and do not get the Aerosoft 2010 version.

After you get 5.3 Pro make sure you get the free update to 5.3b Pro.

strykerpsg
May 19th, 2011, 21:50
I have been using MyTrafficX for close to three years and have never regretted my choice.

The author does an excellent job of support on his forums. If you go with MyTrafficX get 5.3 Pro (available from http://secure.simmarket.com/b.-renk-mytraffic-x-pro.phtml) and do not get the Aerosoft 2010 version.

After you get 5.3 Pro make sure you get the free update to 5.3b Pro.
Agree 110%. I own both and it was through many frustrating conversations on the JF forum that I decided to try MTX. The author does indeed listen intently to the consumers feedback and continues to update a great product with the most military and GA traffic available of any traffic program. Also, JF Traffic X tends to download your existing aircraft folders and uses them as AI. The downside is they are poly hogs and will literally drag your system to it's knee's. Also, MTX's interface is much more user friendly and more realistic flight plans installed.

Matt

Kiwikat
May 19th, 2011, 22:12
I don't have experience with those two, but the other package that I think is somewhat mainstream is Ultimate Traffic 2 which I have running quite nicely on mine.

This. The FPS impact is minimal as long as you don't go crazy with it. :salute:

Francois
May 19th, 2011, 23:36
MyTraffic X Professional, no doubt ;-)

swimeye
May 19th, 2011, 23:36
Great, thanks for all your answers and it seems that I can exclude Just flight Traffic X as a possible AI package but instead I got another candidate that I did not have any knowledge of before. And between those two MyTraffic X seems a good choice, but frame rates also matters alot to me so the Ultimate Traffic package is also interesting. Thank you again.

Kiwikat
May 19th, 2011, 23:41
but frame rates also matters alot to me so the Ultimate Traffic package is also interesting. Thank you again.

The good thing about UT2 is that it is sold by flight1 so if you don't like it you can get a full refund, no questions asked. :wavey: