PDA

View Full Version : IL 2 1946 5 Games in One

richcreator
May 17th, 2011, 18:08
Gentlemen,
I got this 5 in 1 package at Circuit City some time before they folded but
I don't see the things in the game that are being posted like at simteevee
they post videos of carrier takeoffs and landings but I can't find any carriers in the game.
Can it be that these 5 games do not contain the full game files? The games are bundled together as one game and they do not play as independent games.
IL2 looks very interesting but, so far, I've only toyed with it because I get frustrated
by the lack of what I'm seeing from everybody else.
Any opinions? Do you think I should try to install patches and try to expand this 5 in 1 package with add-ons? or what?

38224 :ques:

olaf1924
May 17th, 2011, 18:48
richcreator you have the right game. The next step will be to update to 4.08 then 4.09 and last but not least the 4.10 update. If you want carrier missions go to mission4today. The version you have should have a IJN mission consisting of the pearl harbor attack.:wavey:

richcreator
May 17th, 2011, 19:41
The version you have should have a IJN mission consisting of the pearl harbor attack.:wavey:

Well see here I don't seem to have an IJN mission ( or did you mean an IN mission?). Like I said, I seems to have missing files but I'm gonna hang in there and work with this especially the updates, thanks!:salute:

redriver6
May 17th, 2011, 19:48
when you start the game you will see the main menu...

look at the top where it says 'single missions'

click on that and then click on 'air force'

you will see IJN, RN, USN, etc in the drop down menu...

if you chosse USN you will se a drop down menu for aircraft type

F4F, F4U, SBD et al...

anyone of those has carrier missions attached to it.

redriver6
May 17th, 2011, 20:12
by the way...if you click on the folder 'UN' (which is short for USN) you will see folders for several aircraft and if you open any of those folders you will see the mission files....

for example if you open the F4F-3 folder you will see several missions and some of those include carrier landings and carrier takeoffs......

richcreator
May 18th, 2011, 09:59
oh yeah, my navigation into this is atrocious. Many thanks. I don't have the instinct as teenagers seem to have. I flew a little bit and WOW! :jump: Stunning graphics, especially the cockpits. :salute: