PDA

View Full Version : Wow! What a craftsman.... scale models

crashaz
May 16th, 2011, 22:01
Dont think FSX models have gotten to this detail yet.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rojasbazan

TARPSBird
May 17th, 2011, 01:11
Watch the video showing the details of his OS2U-3 Kingfisher. If you didn't know it was a model you'd swear it was a walk-around tour of a real OS2U. Just about the finest scale modeling I've ever seen.

Bushpounder
May 17th, 2011, 02:56
That is the best I have EVER seen. Nice work!

Don

crashaz
May 17th, 2011, 07:32
I found it thru the B-17 video... in that one it shows the stages of building.... this is a true master... :jump:

argo147
May 17th, 2011, 08:12
Very nice work, I remember going to a website a while back called modelwarships.com I believe, where the builders would post pictures of their work. Some of those models were so well detailed that the photographs seemed like they could almost be the real deal. Incredible amounts of time and and skill must go into building these models not to mention the hands of a surgeon. :salute:

crashaz
May 17th, 2011, 08:19
He has a link to his website so I went to go check it out... in it he gives a brief about me.... very unique life. He now lives in the US.

He works with Fine Scale Models.... just checked their site.... 1/15 scale F4U-1A going for 15,000.

Would be very special to have work like this.

Also it gives me a great appreciation of the amount of detail put in by payware and other developers.... paying 30-50 bucks for a plane that so much work goes into details...and we can fly it lol.

heywooood
May 17th, 2011, 08:26
hmmm...I've just finished putting a layer of alum. monokote on the fuselage of a PBY Catalina I'm working on.

now I think I might just chuck it in the wastebin...lol

maybe I'll take up painting by numbers instead :kilroy:

talent is one thing (I dont have any of that either) - but this fellow has a gift

crashaz
May 17th, 2011, 11:52
A true gift! One he inherited from his father.:applause:

Roadburner440
May 17th, 2011, 12:22
The modeling world certaintly has its share of very talented people. Unfortunately I think that as the older generations fade out that modeling is going to become a hobby of the past. I remember growing up painting the plastic model kits, and building them. Don't even see them in the stores anymore. Certaintly impressive though, and ashame that they have been broken over the years.

bazzar
May 17th, 2011, 14:44
Could be done in FSX but you'd have to sit and watch it at 1FPS.:icon_lol:

OleBoy
May 17th, 2011, 22:33
Not only a talented modeler, but a modeler that does it from scratch, and all by hand by means of very basic tools. My guess is that the skills his father (and he has) comes from many hours of patients, trial and error.

He is a true modeler. There are getting to be fewer and fewer.

Great documentary videos.

crashaz
May 18th, 2011, 10:19
True about the modeling community having less popularity than it enjoyed in years past.... however some gems are still being created.

This one in particular is in my sights..... and will be in my shipyard soon!

http://www.buildingtheship.com/2011/02/25/uss-arizona-1200-trumpeter-ootb/

Thank you Trumpeter!!!:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: