PDA

View Full Version : Capt Sim Space Shuttle

Lateral-G
December 6th, 2008, 17:50
I've been thinking about getting this one (Space Shuttle). How is the Capt Sim SS package?

-G-

CodyValkyrie
December 7th, 2008, 01:24
If you want a shuttle simulation, get Space Shuttle Mission 2007.

This is just a landing simulator, and IMO a poor one at that. You will get perhaps 20 minutes of use out of this thing.

kilo delta
December 7th, 2008, 03:37
Yep......I agree. Fun for the first few landings but then it becomes monotonous. I wound up uninstalling it within a few days of purchasing it.

Nick C
December 7th, 2008, 04:05
A few old pics of the CS package:

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/cs_shuttle.htm

gajit
December 7th, 2008, 05:05
Yep......I agree. Fun for the first few landings but then it becomes monotonous. I wound up uninstalling it within a few days of purchasing it.

I agree - I reloaded it a few hours ago -landed a few times and now have removed it again.

I see that FSX no longer allows you to into a very high orbit now - did you notice that? :mixedsmi:

N332DW
December 7th, 2008, 18:43
the CS shuttle wont let you use slew which is key to getting into high orbit or even a full orbit - excellant model - but the experience has been straight-jacketed with scripting

Gdavis101
December 7th, 2008, 19:51
If you want a shuttle simulation, get Space Shuttle Mission 2007.

This is just a landing simulator, and IMO a poor one at that. You will get perhaps 20 minutes of use out of this thing.

I agree, I bought Shuttle Mission and haven't looked back! The Captain Sim Shuttle is at best a "Landing Sim". Its pretty though..

Lateral-G
December 9th, 2008, 05:55
Thanks for the inputs guys.

Looks like a pass on the CS shuttle for me.

I d/l the Shuttle 2007 demo and I'm still trying to sort it out. It's much more realistic as far as operations go and systems.

-G-

CodyValkyrie
December 9th, 2008, 07:52
Yeah, SSM07 is a great sim, but not for everyone. I did the official promo for them and it took me months to soak it all in. The beginniner system REALLY helps flesh things out... basically giving you moving arrows showing you exactly what you should click.

The RMS missions are a riot though. I spent many hours doing that without realizing how long I had been sitting at the computer.

DennyA
December 27th, 2008, 11:29
Is this a true FSX SDK model? Considering picking it up during next week's sale... At $13-ish, even if it's not lasting fun...

Bandit
December 27th, 2008, 11:42
A few old pics of the CS package:

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/cs_shuttle.htm

LOL this guy trying to promote garbage, haha :costumes:

Indeed get Space Shuttle Mission 2007 if you like shuttles alot. http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/

I have both btw!

Is this a true FSX SDK model?

Nope!

IanP
December 27th, 2008, 11:57
LOL this guy trying to promote garbage, haha :costumes:

Just because you don't like something doesn't make it "garbage". People asked for information, it was provided.

Get over it.

Ian P.

Bandit
December 27th, 2008, 12:07
Just because you don't like something doesn't make it "garbage". People asked for information, it was provided.

Get over it.

Ian P.

eat :bs: :wavey:

IanP
December 27th, 2008, 12:11
You evidently do - you certainly talk it. :)

Now go back to bed like a good little child and stop trying to pretend to be an adult. Good bye!

Ian P.

gajit
December 27th, 2008, 12:13
:jump::jump::jump::jump:

Bandit
December 27th, 2008, 12:23
You evidently do - you certainly talk it. :)

Now go back to bed like a good little child and stop trying to pretend to be an adult. Good bye!

LOL, its gonna be ok Nancy, don't get your panties in a bunch!

Panther_99FS
December 27th, 2008, 13:20
Personal member attacks are prohibitied - period

CodyValkyrie
December 27th, 2008, 13:21
Nick is a highly respected member of many communities. He is a screenshot artist, and produces many marketing screenshots for many companies. He also does it just for the fun of it. He also runs a very respectable reviewing website.

His screenshots were just that however, screenshots. There is no need for ill backtalk.

Willy
December 27th, 2008, 14:56
I could care less who it is. Personal attacks are not tolerated here. Members have been known to be banned for it.

Bandit
December 27th, 2008, 15:39
Hey P you misspelled "prohibited"

must have missed that day in school :costumes:

hey_moe
December 27th, 2008, 15:57
Sir...I'm gonna to help you out the door....just hold on for a minute :mad:
Hey P you misspelled "prohibited"

must have missed that day in school :costumes:

Willy
December 27th, 2008, 16:01
Ok, that's it. I'm pulling the plug.