PDA

View Full Version : Focke-Wulf FW-44 Stieglitz

Naki
May 15th, 2011, 15:55
Just picked up a magazine with a comparison of the FW-44 with the Tiger Moth and Stearman...the verdict was that the FW-44 is the nicest to fly of the three. It's certainly a great looking looking aircraft IMV as well.

Despite its looks, flying qualities and the number still flying (about 20) the FW-44 is one aircraft from WW2 that has completely been off my radar.

In my research of the FW-44 I found this great website of preserved Axis aircraft which may interest people here:
http://www.preservedaxisaircraft.com/

Love to see a nice FW-44 in FSX (to add to my list including a FSX native BU-131 & Chipmunk).

Mathias
May 15th, 2011, 15:59
Got one on the to-do-list. :-)

Bomber_12th
May 15th, 2011, 16:03

Excellent news! I couldn't think of a better fit for aircraft to developer for the Fw-44 - it would certainly be another FSX jewel!

As young as 5 and 6, I enjoyed watching a couple old videos on the CAF (Commemorative Air Force), and thankfully one tape had coverage of the CAF's Stieglitz, so it is one of those types that has been with me in my aircraft knowledge bank since almost the begining. : )

Naki
May 15th, 2011, 16:03
Here's a pic of an nice airworthy one in Germany:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk156/Naki_04_2008/fw44j_kp.jpg

Naki
May 15th, 2011, 16:08

Wow great news...I look forward to it....and agree totally with what John said re aircraft to developer..actually I wondered whether Mathias had this aircraft on his to do list.

Mathias
May 15th, 2011, 16:11
Naki, that Fw44 is actually located at the same flying club in Bad Nauheim as the Bf108 we are doing. :wiggle:
Worth mentioning, I have best connections to climb allover that plane. :-)

heywooood
May 16th, 2011, 07:21
it would be great to see this biplane trainer in FSX one day...along with the Moth and Stearman, an important aircraft in world history

danyboy21
May 16th, 2011, 07:51

Definitely a good thing, but I would really like to see the Me 110 before :crybaby: :crybaby: