PDA

View Full Version : BS of D

LouP
May 15th, 2011, 15:28
Anyone know of a cure for the blue screen of death issue with the A2A P47 and Accusim? I have my FSX installed on a seperate drive and just experience a CTD after a three hour flight, very frustrating :a1451:

LouP

glennc
May 15th, 2011, 16:15
Lou, Have you checked the A2A forums? More information would also help. The fact that it happened after three hours suggests maybe an out of memory error which happens on a 32 bit version of Windows. So, what version of Windows and which FSX variant?

Glenn

olaf1924
May 15th, 2011, 16:30
I had the same problem once and the problem for me was a dirty cpu and gpu. The computer just needed a good cleaning to keep the temps down during a hours long flight.

noddy
May 16th, 2011, 03:02
Yep I have the same problems.

PRB
May 16th, 2011, 05:00
Me too, but since I never bought accusim (just the P-47) we can rule that out. Hasn't happened since I bought my new video card though, but I haven't flown it for a long time, so I probably should do a proper test... Also, what I got was a CTD, not a BSD...

Old video: Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB Dual DVI (PCI-E)
New video: EVGA 015-P3 1480 GeForce GTX 480 1536 MB 384 bit interface

skyhawka4m
May 16th, 2011, 05:36
Mine did this last night.....I will have to breakmine open for a cleaning.

LouP
May 16th, 2011, 15:25
30Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input but I don't think it's a cleaning issue. I did a follow-up flight (short hop this time) and same thing happened. As soon as I hit the gear lever to land... BSD.

The machine is pretty new, Alienware i930 running @ 3.3 ghz with 6 gig RAM. Using a GTX480 graphics card with 1.5 gig of memory on board. There is a history of this issue over at A2A but I was hoping the crew here would have run into and solved this already. I saw some postings in regard to the Creative sound cards which I am hoping is not the problem as I have a Titanium in my machine. I am going to check the security rights with the P47 accusim .dlls tonight to see if something pops there. A real shame and dent in a fine piece of work, hopefully I can work it out. :mix-smi:

LouP :salute:

PS. just checked the boards over there and no answer for me yet. :(

peter12213
May 16th, 2011, 15:35
SOunds like it could be that new driver issue, havent flown mine in ages, no doubt there will be a fix soon, ( I Hope):wavey:

LouP
May 18th, 2011, 17:19
Hey Guys,

So I'm reaching out to you all on this one as I am not getting much response over at A2A. I can't believe the final answer is to replace my sound card as it hasn't even gotten any dust on it yet.

Thanks,
LouP

FlameOut
May 19th, 2011, 02:21
LouP,

Sorry to hear that this problem has not corrected itself. The "sound card" issues were all that I'm aware of.
I've got no problems with the P-47...I'm still sucking on this old P4 HT "tit" with "on-board" sound. :sleep:

mal998
May 19th, 2011, 04:04
30Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input but I don't think it's a cleaning issue. I did a follow-up flight (short hop this time) and same thing happened. As soon as I hit the gear lever to land... BSD.

The machine is pretty new, Alienware i930 running @ 3.3 ghz with 6 gig RAM. Using a GTX480 graphics card with 1.5 gig of memory on board. There is a history of this issue over at A2A but I was hoping the crew here would have run into and solved this already. I saw some postings in regard to the Creative sound cards which I am hoping is not the problem as I have a Titanium in my machine. I am going to check the security rights with the P47 accusim .dlls tonight to see if something pops there. A real shame and dent in a fine piece of work, hopefully I can work it out. :mix-smi:

LouP :salute:

PS. just checked the boards over there and no answer for me yet. :(

Does it only happen when you hit the gear lever? If so it may be that gauge. Try commenting out that gauge (if possible) and see what happens.

Cazzie
May 19th, 2011, 04:07
I never have more than an hour and that is wasting time. Never had a problem with the A2A T-bolt w.Accusim in what little time I have flown it though. If you are running XP, chances are you ran out of memory. As mentioned, a high temperature on your cpu will cause your system to shut down too.

Caz

noddy
May 19th, 2011, 04:23
It is the only model on my system that causes this probelm.

I am running Windows 7 64bit Ultimate, with 8gb memory, dual 460GTX cards with 270.61 driver and a QX6850 at 3.6.

mal998
May 19th, 2011, 05:49
Noddy, comment out that gauge and see if it stops crashing

LouP
May 19th, 2011, 16:30
Hi guys,

Thanks for helping. It's not just the gear lever. Once it was the gear lever, a seond time it happened when I went to open the canopy, and the last time it happened when I put the defroster on.

My OS is W7 home premium. This is eally a puzzler. I just installed the updates from the A2A forums and will test that out tonight. This kind of reminds me of the issue with the MAAM Avenger when it first came out and the fix was to put some "Z" coding in the panel.cfg file. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :kilroy:

LouP

LouP
May 19th, 2011, 19:47
Shoot, I thought I had it but had another crash instead. This is the fourth time I flew her but the first time I saw the question about trusting the wop3_sound.dll. I answered yes and thouht the update fixed soemthing but had the crash anyway :running:

LouP