PDA

View Full Version : Valmet Vinka in FSX

thefrog
May 15th, 2011, 12:18
Maybe old news to many of you, but I never realised my freeware Valmet Vinka by Kari Virtanen and Mikko Maliniemi and others would work perfectly in FSX (it was designed for FS2002!). I still think the vc panel stands the test of time.
Dave

PRB
May 15th, 2011, 12:33
Maybe old news to many of you, but I never realised my freeware Valmet Vinka by Kari Virtanen and Mikko Maliniemi and others would work perfectly in FSX (it was designed for FS2002!). I still think the vc panel stands the test of time.
Dave

Wow, I would say so! That's beautiful!

fsafranek
May 15th, 2011, 12:36
Found it here: http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Kari+Virtanen

Thanks for the FYI.
:ernae:

hae5904
May 15th, 2011, 13:16
Wow, I would say so! That's beautiful!

That certainly is!! I'd been using the Vinka since FS8 through Fs9 and with that info...gonna install her into FSX!!

Cheers.

Naismith
May 15th, 2011, 14:52
I was just thinking about installing it last night in FSX. I had 2nd thoughts as I was concerned over poss gauges issues but on examining the zip file now I see that they are within cab files. Very forward thinking for the time considering as you say it was a FS2002 design.
I am installing it now as I type. It was excellent in FS9 and I am sure it will be again in FSX. Thanks for the heads up.
BTW is it a coincidence that the Vinka looks remarkably like the S.A. Bulldog.

AndyG43
May 16th, 2011, 07:16
BTW is it a coincidence that the Vinka looks remarkably like the S.A. Bulldog.

Same engine, same role, it's probably the logical layout; side by side seating was the vogue back then, the SF260 and UTVA75 are very similar (and the T-37) - in the same way most trainers now adopt a tandem layout, so the PC-9 looks like the Tucano ........

Thanks for the reminder thefrog, must reinstall this little beauty at the first opportunity.

Warrant
May 16th, 2011, 09:39
It really is a pretty bird! I really would like a native FSX version. I know i flew quite some hours in this beauty in FS8 and 9. When used to FSX native birds you are spoiled. Prop issues, self-shadowing.....those are issues keeping me from popping a needle trough the image balloon and trying this magnificent eyecandy in FSX.

flaminghotsauce
May 17th, 2011, 02:19
Nice1 Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out when I get my gaming computer wrestled away from my kids....