PDA

View Full Version : CH Eclipse Yoke

TeaSea
May 15th, 2011, 11:46
My kids got together and bought me a CH Eclipse Yoke as an advanced Father's Day present and this thing is a a pretty neat piece of kit.

However, I'm apparently too stupid to figure out how to configure the thing and am appealing for some assistance.

For the time being I would simply like to use all the axis, and the basic buttons. It's pretty clear to me that after reviewing the Configuration Manager that CH provides I would be over my head very quickly.

I used the basic FSX tool to assign the keys, however the calibration in the FSX utility sucks. No mater what you do, you end up with 10% power with the throttle pulled all the way back. How does one go about getting these things working correctly? Note that I'm just using the one control device (other than the mouse and keyboard).

I am so confused......:kilroy:

beana51
May 15th, 2011, 14:52
it may be the control Manager is not required here?....USB connect..ready to go..I would think so?.,good luck! ..Vin,

http://forums1.avsim.net/topic/238888-ch-eclipse-yoke/

http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/eclipse.htm

Francois
May 16th, 2011, 05:44
I never use the control sofwtare that comes with these things. Just make sure you have a legit (i.e. paid) version of FSUIPC and use that for calibration. You can just assign all axis and buttons using the FSX options, no need for the control manager there either.

AndyE1976
May 16th, 2011, 11:56
As others have said, the CH control manager is not required, but that isn't the cause of the calibration issues you have.

It seems that there is a long standing issue with certain CH products where they just don't calibrate their full range properly in Windows.

To get around this you can use a trick I found on the CH forum where you calibrate part of the travel of a particular axis to get the extra 10% that the normal calibration doesn't give you.

To do this you bring up your calibration tool, whether that's CH Manager, Windows or whatever and when calibrating you make the full back position 1/4" before the actual full back position and the full-forward position 1/4" before the actual full forward position.

Currently you have the throttle all the way back and have 10% throttle registered, with the throttle calibrated as described above the 10% throttle position is now 1/4" further forward, meaning you can move the throttle further back and hopefully get 0% throttle.

This video link was posted on the CH forum: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v179/531Ghost/?action=view&current=Calibration.mp4

Paul K
May 16th, 2011, 13:15
I never use the control sofwtare that comes with these things. Just make sure you have a legit (i.e. paid) version of FSUIPC and use that for calibration. You can just assign all axis and buttons using the FSX options, no need for the control manager there either.

Yes, since buying a registered copy of FSUIPC, and with a tutorial in PC Pilot magazine from last year, I'm starting to see the virtues of doing it that way too, Francois.

TeaSea
May 16th, 2011, 16:10
Thanks guys....

assigning the buttons from within FSX is no problem. The calibration is what's frustrating. Yes, I've tried the trick of not having the throttle axis all the way forward or back....doesn't seem to help.

In the CH Control Manager it works fine....but then assigning the buttons becomes the bother.

I will check out FSUIPC.