PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 1946 problem after updating

ndicki
May 15th, 2011, 09:27
(Shock! What's HE doing messing about with IL-2?)

Well, I do a bit, even if I prefer CFS3 for various reasons. But the latest is the nastiest problem I've ever had with a sim of any sort.

I've got 1946 4.07m on DVD, a real one from the shop, and it installs correctly onto my E drive under WXP Sp3. Plays well, set to widescreen, everything's fine.

The problem comes when I upgrade... 4.08m seems OK, but if I go further - I've tried both 4.09m and going directly to 4.10m using the Megapack, and I get the same results. The sim plays OK despite severe hanging on loading and exit screens (possibly due to the extra content) - but then, after quitting, my browsers (doesn't matter which, Firefox or IE) slow right down to virtually unusable, Windows itself is seriously slowed - call it about 10 times longer to open the Windows Navigator - and so on. The patches have all come from reputable sources and should not be contaminated, so I'm at a loss. There doesn't seem to be any mention of the phenomenon elsewhere, so perhaps somebody here knows?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail. Currently I've stopped at 4.07, and I don't dare go further.

And the theatre I most want to use, of course, is the Med - accessible only with 4.09...

HELP! :icon_lol:

flyer01
May 15th, 2011, 10:25
ndicki,
I do not have this sim so no help on my part with this. Just glad to see your up and around.

flyer01

olaf1924
May 15th, 2011, 14:00
ndicki I had the same problem. The solution for me was I downloaded the 4.09 update again and the sim worked great. The original download I had of 4.09 was corrupt. I then had no trouble going from 4.07 to 4.10

ndicki
May 16th, 2011, 10:59
Interesting... You don't remember where you got the right one from, by any chance? The corrupt one has even got into the Megapack...

olaf1924
May 16th, 2011, 18:54
Ndicki I think I went over to mission4today and found a good download link.

ndicki
May 17th, 2011, 10:46
Uh-oh... That's where I got it from in the first place...

olaf1924
May 17th, 2011, 14:20
http://by.sturmovik.de/DaidalosTeam/409m.exe (http://by.sturmovik.de/DaidalosTeam/409m.exe)
try this link :wavey:

ndicki
May 18th, 2011, 08:06
Link's dead. I found my way though - all the way back to M4T. I tried downloading from various places, and each time the result is the same - to all practical purposes, my browser is blocked and my Windows functions almost stalled. Uninstalling fixes it instantly, although it takes ages.

I think I'm just going to have to leave it at that...

wheelsup_cavu
June 18th, 2011, 16:33
I hate to read that you are having to play the sim at less than its full potential because there is so much extra content after v4.07m.

MaxMHz at Mission 4 Today is our tech wizard and I have seen him help people solve some of the most annoying problems with their IL-2 installations.

It might be worth a go to post a topic in our Installation and Patching forum to see if he can solve your problem. This thread Tech: Help us help you should give us good starting point to help diagnose your problem.

All the best
Wheels

Emil Frand
June 19th, 2011, 17:21
Running win7? if so EVERYTHING needs to be run as system administrator. right click select.