PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover latest post by Luthier

flyer01
May 15th, 2011, 06:55
forum.1cpublishing: latest post by Luthier

Hi everyone,

As I see, there are plenty of wild rumors circulating on these forums, and of course it's completely our fault. I myself simply cannot spend enough time posting on these forums, as I work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week and barely have time to sit down. I feel the weight of my failure to interact with the community daily, but all I have time for is browsing the forums, not actually posting.

We are however in the process of creating a full-time community manager position and setting up an old team member who will interact with you guys daily, answer questions, and keep you up to date on all events.

Otherwise, the work on the patch continues. The true full-screen mode has been a nightmare from hell. It still does not work properly. Every once in a while, after you hit Esc to go to the menu from inside the game, the game will go into the background and require you to alt-tab to you. And while it may seem like a pretty minor thing to most of you, after everything you've already lived through, it's still bad practice and annoying and we always feel like we're 'this' close to solving it.

The current build we have did address the multiplayer issues, thanks in no small part to the help of the dedicated server hosts. Obviously MP is a larger priority than the full-screen mode. If by the end of the day Tuesday we still haven't solved the full screen issue, we will most likely release the patch anyway just so you guys can have stable reliable MP experience, and add the full-screen fix at a later time.

We are also hard at work on some larger game components. We are also hiring, with quite a few new openings posted recently for our Moscow office. We already have a new team member, an experienced AI programmer, reworking our plane AI code and voice comms, and we are working to expand and improve our team during the coming weeks to make sure we can roll out better more well-rounded updates quicker. We are also hard at work on FM changes and improvements, redesigning GUI to make it more user-friendly, and creating new variants of existing aircraft.

Those team members not hard at work on improving CoD have also been working on new content for a new project for quite some time. We've posted a teaser in our V-E day post. Just to state again, work on that project is specifically designed not to interfere with our CoD support.

Most importantly, please don't take the frequency of my visits as an indication of anything right now. As a matter of fact, if you see me here posting a lot, that's the best clue that we are NOT working as hard as we should. All of us at 1C:Maddox Games, 1C Softclub, and Ubisoft, are fully committed to the game and to the series, and like we always said, we will continue to support it with patches, add-ons and sequels in the coming months and years.