PDA

View Full Version : Marine repaint for Carenado T-34 Mentor is through the pipe.

Cazzie
December 6th, 2008, 17:22
I like Ickie's new theme, sweet! :ernae:

Been watching football all day, college and high school. Watched my local Gretna (VA) Hawks take the VA State Division II Class A title today, their fourth in the last six years. :applause:. Also saw Va. Tech whip Boston College for their tjhird ACC title and right to the Orange Bowl.

This is a new repaint for the just released FSX Carenado T-34 Mentor. This is not a copy of the FS9 Carenado Marine paint, but an entire new repaint starting from scratch, as the newer DXT5 textures and accompanying bumpmaps and Alpha Channels required that I do so.

Caz

MCDesigns
December 6th, 2008, 17:48
Sweet paint Caz!! :ernae:

doublecool
December 6th, 2008, 18:02
:applause::applause::applause:

Lookin Good Cazzie :kilroy:

DennyA
December 6th, 2008, 19:22
Wow, Caz, the metal on that looks awesome! Thanks so much -- downloading as soon as it's available for sure!

Any chance you might do a USAF variation with the natural metal and day-glo orange?

Mithrin
December 7th, 2008, 02:24
Nice one!

Cazzie
December 7th, 2008, 02:57
Wow, Caz, the metal on that looks awesome! Thanks so much -- downloading as soon as it's available for sure!

Any chance you might do a USAF variation with the natural metal and day-glo orange?

I can't take the credit for the metal, Carenado did a magnificent piece of work with the metal textures. The addition of bumpmaps in FSX makes it all jump out at you.

I shall be offering two Air Force versions and the Day-Glo Orange trainer that DC wanted. Now that I have my own base Paint Kit with corrected bump map and Alpha textures so that the remnants of the registration numbers and the "Mentor" name on the tail of the original natural metal texture does not show, it is not as much work doing the rest of the paint.

Caz

Roger
December 7th, 2008, 07:26
Very nice indeed Caz:ernae: Thanks for your hard work:applause:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cment-5.jpg