PDA

View Full Version : Let me show you the Storch FLYING

Francois
May 14th, 2011, 11:48
Here's a little video I crafted today... I know, I know, I s..k at video editing... but the plane and landscape are worth looking IMHO (I am, of course, extremely biased...... :icon_lol: )

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KTiYnz7JrWc" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

txnetcop
May 14th, 2011, 12:34
JAW-DROPPING SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! but I'm broke:o( SOOOOOONNNN!

stiz
May 14th, 2011, 12:40
few pointers on the video if i may :)

1, hold alt to get rid of menu bar
2, turn the sim settings down a bit, hurts my eyes watching a jerky video

Deano
May 14th, 2011, 14:39
looking great Francois :salute:

Francois
May 14th, 2011, 23:17
few pointers on the video if i may :)

1, hold alt to get rid of menu bar
2, turn the sim settings down a bit, hurts my eyes watching a jerky video

I'm learning, I'm learning..... :icon_lol:

grunau_baby
May 15th, 2011, 01:36
WOW, as much as I am looking forward to this, my payware budget is zero at the moment, so believe me I am in propper panic... I may have to do a walk on my knees around the wife this evening to scrape some dough lose for the release..."sitting in " high-quality Storch-VC in FSX, what a dream! :applause:

Alex

Francois
May 15th, 2011, 01:47
LOL! Frankly, I know how it feels to see nothing but 'bottom' in the treasure chest. Same here currently.
But no panic... we're in Beta and it will be a little longer before we can release it, so you have some more time to 'save'.
And once released, it won't go away, so you can always buy it later.

We are also publishing other variants in the package, among others an Air Ambulance version. They managed to get TWO stretchers behind the pilot, one atop the other !!!

fleurdelys
May 15th, 2011, 04:47
Did I really see what I saw (said Tweety bird to the Pussycat)...:jump:

Aside from being gorgeous as is, the rear MG swivels from side to side...:applause:

My grandson wishes me to submit his candidacy for beta testing your "Storch"... :salute:

He promises to limit the fender bending to the strictest minimum... :kilroy:

Great looking plane and great looking video François.

Looking forward to getting your bird in my hangar.

Fleurdelys

Francois
May 15th, 2011, 05:45
Ha, yes, the machinegunner searches the sky, trying to hit a few seagulls probably. He can be made scarce as well, for those who don't like to have a violent passenger. In that case the MG is fixed as in the real thing.

peter12213
May 15th, 2011, 11:02
That scenery looks like it will blend nicely with Swiss Pro X which is nice because the alps are my favourite place to fly!

Francois
May 15th, 2011, 11:25
Yes, it should. We're now working on the Matterhorn ;-)

Naismith
May 15th, 2011, 14:56
Beautiful looking Storch there. Looking forward to that one.

As an aside I saw there are some excellent other real world Storch vids at You Tube including a fascinating last interview in 3 parts with Hannah Reitsch. A remarkable woman for her time.

dvj
May 15th, 2011, 16:57
Beautiful looking Storch there. Looking forward to that one.

As an aside I saw there are some excellent other real world Storch vids at You Tube including a fascinating last interview in 3 parts with Hannah Reitsch. A remarkable woman for her time.

Too many planes, so little money. After the Harrier purchase, I'm tapped out of my Sim budget for the quarter.

Looks good however. I'll put it on my long list of 'gifts' to me.

d

Francois
May 16th, 2011, 05:35
The Storch is only a couple feet away from the Harrier's runway length ..... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

We'll save a copy for you for next quarter !

YoYo
June 14th, 2011, 14:54
Francois (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?30030-Francois) , any news about Fi-156?

peter12213
June 14th, 2011, 16:45
Yes please mate, you've been very quiet on FB too hope your friend has recovered from the last trip mate!

Francois
June 14th, 2011, 22:48
Yes, there is. I have been traveling these past 2 weeks and just returned home. I have the final version on my disk now and will be working on the documents and packager the next two weeks or so before a final test ;-)

YoYo
June 14th, 2011, 23:29
Yes, there is. I have been traveling these past 2 weeks and just returned home. I have the final version on my disk now and will be working on the documents and packager the next two weeks or so before a final test ;-)

Roger. Ok, Im stand by and wait for new screenshots :) .

YoYo
June 22nd, 2011, 13:53
François I know, Im boring :icon_lol: but any news? I need new friend for Taifun frm C.H. Could You be so kind and show us any new shots with progress of Stork :).

Francois
June 22nd, 2011, 21:57
LOL! Well, with on-e-man publishing companies and and one-man developing companies, things not always go as quick as one would like.
The version I got from Simon last week didn't unpack.

And due to his limited Internet access (slow and about ONCE per week!) it wasn't possible to correct that anytime soon.

I just received a corrected zip file last night and it unpacked.... so I'll restart working on the project as of tomorrow.... testing the Storch and working on the documents is the next step.

I'll post some pictures over the weekend.

YoYo
June 24th, 2011, 10:06
I noticed new shots on FSAddon site and Storch with two mummies ;) :

http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/FS_001-1024.png

http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/?p=1617

Francois
June 24th, 2011, 10:08
As promised ;-)

OleBoy
June 24th, 2011, 10:30
Hi Francois, to what extent, if any, will the paint templates depth comprise of? Will it be of PSD format, and possibly include the interior layer (s)? I really like the Storch.

Francois
June 24th, 2011, 10:40
As you know I'm only the planner, publisher and 'documentor', so I can only give you what my good man Simon makes me. THIS is what he wrote in the paintkit that will be included:

"...... These five maps are all single layer templates that I have used to do the exterior liveries on the Fieseler Storch. They are all 2048 x 2048. The bump maps are common to all models and therefor not included here....".

I'm afraid they are .bmp format and exterior only. Maybe he will/can make more in future, but for now that's it.

OleBoy
June 24th, 2011, 13:59
As you know I'm only the planner, publisher and 'documentor',

I'm afraid they are .bmp format and exterior only. Maybe he will/can make more in future, but for now that's it.

Bummer. I can make paint templates, but I tend to not do that these days. In a way, if I purchase, I don't need templates anyway (yes I do lol) I got my mind in a lot of things theses days. HA!!

napamule
June 24th, 2011, 15:09
Francois,
That is a very nice video. Pleasant. No 'drama'. Better than a lot of the FSX videos out there. Had popcorn left over, so I watched it twice. I haven't flown the Storch in years (2007?). Nice looking model indeed. Really nice.
Chuck B
Napamule

Roadburner440
June 24th, 2011, 15:39
Great video Francois, and a nice aircraft!

jankees
June 24th, 2011, 23:39
looking forward to this one!
too bad the paintkit is bmp only, that limits the possibilities a bit, but we'll have to wait and see..

Francois
June 25th, 2011, 01:28
Thanks guys, I'll ask Simon what else he can provide, but I'm afraid he's a bit limited in that respect for various reasons. I also only get to contact him once a week or so due to bad connections in the bush of South Africa..... maybe he should start making bush planes, eh? :icon_lol:

YoYo
June 25th, 2011, 01:34
looking forward to this one!
too bad the paintkit is bmp only, that limits the possibilities a bit, but we'll have to wait and see..
Agree. PSD with layers are nessesery.

YoYo
August 12th, 2011, 09:46
So.... "my main PC did not want to start anymore". Francois, I hope You have backup Your Fi-156 ;) and good luck with repair of Your computer!

Francois
August 12th, 2011, 10:35
All 'data' is safely back-up and available... but all programs have to be re-installed and newly linked to the data. TON of work on my crowded machine, servings 4 different occupations.

So no direct disaster, but big delays in everything :-(

hae5904
August 12th, 2011, 14:00
Oh bummer.......delays....? okay Francois, we'll be patient!! :icon_lol:

Hank

Francois
August 13th, 2011, 02:13
Sorry :kilroy: