PDA

View Full Version : Planned expansions for CoD?

CybrSlydr
May 12th, 2011, 21:48
So, are there any currently planned expansions for this game, like Europe/Eastern Front?

BoB seems a little... confined for a purchase as of yet.

stansdds
May 13th, 2011, 05:02
I hope they get the bugs worked out of CLoD before they start on any expansion packs. I know that in the development stages expansion packs for other theaters of combat were planned.

redriver6
May 13th, 2011, 09:50
the developers posted this picture the other day...

i think the concensus is that they should fix the game before thinking about expansion..

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22713

stansdds
May 13th, 2011, 12:39
Ah, so the first expansion will be "Il-2: Redux"?

redriver6
May 13th, 2011, 18:05
Ah, so the first expansion will be "Il-2: Redux"?

i guess so....or any other theatre that doesn't require American a/c:icon_lol:

stansdds
May 14th, 2011, 02:53
Seeing as how the Soviets and British had tons of U.S. Lend-Lease aircraft after 1941, this sim is going to be very narrow in scope.

CybrSlydr
May 16th, 2011, 05:18
So does this mean they're having problems with licensing of aircraft?

wombat666
May 16th, 2011, 05:50
So does this mean they're having problems with licensing of aircraft?

That started as far back as 'Pacific Fighters' and the present 'owners' of 'Grumman' IIRC.
:173go1:

CybrSlydr
May 16th, 2011, 20:15
I knew they were having troubles with one of the makers, hence why we never got the Avenger and the like in Pacific Fighters.

I didn't know if it had expanded to other makers as well, such as the now owners of the P-51, F4U, P-40, etc.

redriver6
May 16th, 2011, 21:05
i don't know for sure if they are still having problems with US a/c licenses, copyrights etc. but it seems that way..

however they are about to add the TBD in 1946 as AI...it should be in patch 4.11.

btw the Avenger is in Pacific Fighters/1946...

I knew they were having troubles with one of the makers, hence why we never got the Avenger and the like in Pacific Fighters.

I didn't know if it had expanded to other makers as well, such as the now owners of the P-51, F4U, P-40, etc.

stansdds
May 17th, 2011, 02:00
The problem occurred with the release of Pacific Fighters. UbiSoft decided to put the names of the aircraft makers on the box without first obtaining permission to use the names. Of course, a lawsuit was started by Northrop-Grumman and the end result was UbiSoft and 1C deciding to not make any more U.S. manufactured aircraft. I don't know if this will still be true with CLoD and the TBD Devastator is expected to be part of a freeware patch and may not contain the name Douglas.

wombat666
May 17th, 2011, 02:51
The problem occurred with the release of Pacific Fighters. UbiSoft decided to put the names of the aircraft makers on the box without first obtaining permission to use the names. Of course, a lawsuit was started by Northrop-Grumman and the end result was UbiSoft and 1C deciding to not make any more U.S. manufactured aircraft.

Which was my first reason for buying the series ....... :173go1:

redriver6
May 17th, 2011, 08:40
even if they revisit the Eastern Front its going to be difficult to totally ignore American made aircraft...the very first IL2 game had the P-39 and Buffalo modeled.......

stansdds
May 18th, 2011, 02:01
Which was my first reason for buying the series ....... :173go1:
Same here.

MrReset
June 9th, 2011, 05:55
AddOn for CloD from Desastersoft:
Fliegerasse! Helmut Wick vs. J. C. Dundas

(Fighter Aces! Helmut Wick vs. J.C. Dundas)

http://desastersoft.com/de/1/0/0/0/0/0/news.html

You can download a even demo.

But in my opinion CloD is dead, and even those AddOn-magicans from Desastersoft can't bring CloD back to life ... RiP CloD!

Cromwell
June 15th, 2011, 14:20
The problem occurred with the release of Pacific Fighters. UbiSoft decided to put the names of the aircraft makers on the box without first obtaining permission to use the names. Of course, a lawsuit was started by Northrop-Grumman and the end result was UbiSoft and 1C deciding to not make any more U.S. manufactured aircraft. I don't know if this will still be true with CLoD and the TBD Devastator is expected to be part of a freeware patch and may not contain the name Douglas.

Sorry to say is that not typical of our American cousins. See a lawsuit in everything!

CybrSlydr
August 7th, 2011, 10:08
What's the current status of this sim? Is it playable yet or should I give it more time to develop?

flyer01
August 7th, 2011, 13:15
What's the current status of this sim? Is it playable yet or should I give it more time to develop?

If your OS will run the sim. I would say get the sim.
But is up to you!

CybrSlydr
August 7th, 2011, 14:35
I think my rig has the grunt.

Win7 Home Premium 64
Intel i5 2500k
nVidia 580GTX
8GB RAM

Just wondering if bugs have been ironed out enoug yet.

flyer01
August 7th, 2011, 18:33
I think my rig has the grunt.

Win7 Home Premium 64
Intel i5 2500k
nVidia 580GTX
8GB RAM

Just wondering if bugs have been ironed out enoug yet.

Get The Sim.

There is lost of things to do with the sim untill the next patch come's out.