PDA

View Full Version : lookig for info on a pilot

Daveroo
May 12th, 2011, 11:14
My dads friend has a nieghbor who says he is an ex airforce pilot and flew SR-71s out of beale..(which is why he lives here).....dad and his friend want to find info on him...how would i go about this?....

his name is Cletus....or Cletis rodgers....or rogers...not sure on the name....the two men...my dad and his friend Ed..dont believe a word the other tells them...( theyve been best friends for 60 some years and fight like cats and dogs....its really funny to watch them interact...)they are on a camping trip on the north coast near fort brag and called me today to try and settle this...but i cant find a thing and havent a clue how to carry on....btw..my mom and eds wife became friends while in the 3rd grade and are still as close as sisters and they are in theyre mid 70s...is that cool or what?...

side story...the oldest son of theres knocked this girl up and and county attached his wages as babydaddy....my mom was the bookkeeper of the store eddy worked at...she went home..promptly called shirly and asked...when did eddy have a baby????

all hell broke loose......LOL

Roadburner440
May 12th, 2011, 13:49
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to get a list of pilots who were in the SR-71 program. Only ones that have come out, or written books. The program was extremely limited though, and I think they had a pool of possibly 30 or so pilots (reference is a book called Dark Eagle about the Lockheed Skunk works). You could always do a Freedom of Information Act request to the Air Force, and see if they will at least confirm if he was not in the program. I know there is a such a group for people outting fake Navy Seals. A quick Google search didn't turn much up though.

Roadburner440
May 12th, 2011, 13:50
This is the best I could come up with.. I doubt though that this is all inclusive. As there doesn't seem to be enough people to keep the program going for 40+ years. http://www.blackbirds.net/sr71/sr-crew-photos/index.html

Daveroo
May 12th, 2011, 13:57
thanks for the help

airtj
May 12th, 2011, 16:41
Another List of Pilots and RSO

http://www.sr71.us/Supp_BBook.htm

Daveroo
May 12th, 2011, 16:47
Another List of Pilots and RSO

http://www.sr71.us/Supp_BBook.htm

number 256 on this list..thanks....no ed can do more if he wants....LOL

OBIO
May 12th, 2011, 18:22
Can't be that many people named Cletius with enough intelligence to fly anything other than a NASCAR flag, so I'd say the neighbor's story is confirmed.

OBIO

MenendezDiego
May 12th, 2011, 18:40
My instructor was the last crew to train for the SR-71

2 weeks before his scheduled flight, they cut the program

Sad part was he had an offer to fly U-2's, but passed it up

Bone
May 14th, 2011, 11:27
You know it's funny how some people react in a social situation sometimes, when you tell them something about yourself. Granted, there are people that do lie about who they are, and you don't want to be a chump, but you have to use discretion in case they are for real.

There have been a few social situations over the years where someone asked me what I did for a living, and then promptly told me I was lying. That told me all I needed to know about those people.

Hopefully, your dad and his friend used discretion.

Daveroo
May 14th, 2011, 13:40
You know it's funny how some people react in a social situation sometimes, when you tell them something about yourself. Granted, there are people that do lie about who they are, and you don't want to be a chump, but you have to use discretion in case they are for real.

There have been a few social situations over the years where someone asked me what I did for a living, and then promptly told me I was lying. That told me all I needed to know about those people.

Hopefully, your dad and his friend used discretion.

yes they are nice to people when they tell them things..its when ed tells dad something...or dad tells ed something that they dont believe the other.....then my dad calls me and has me look it up on the internet and ed calls his son and has him look it up and they compair our findings.....usually the same or close...and they end the discuassion with "i told ya"...but no they are not rude to others....