PDA

View Full Version : Virtual cockpit

huub vink
December 6th, 2008, 13:40
There are VIRTUAL cockpits and virtual COCKPITS. Well and this is a VIRTUAL COCKPIT!

http://www.classics-hangar.de/videos/cockpit_wip_large.wmv

Enjoy,
Huub

Ferry_vO
December 6th, 2008, 13:44
Matthias,how on earth did you get that tube coming from the control column to move as realistic as that???
Don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. :applause:

I swear I was trying to click the buttons on the screen with my joystick..! :costumes:

Pepere
December 6th, 2008, 13:45
Yep!

David

N2056
December 6th, 2008, 13:53
Matthias,how on earth did you get that tube coming from the control column to move as realistic as that???
Don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. :applause:

It's done using 'skinned animation' and is the same feature that allows for stuff like flexing wings :d

Very impressive bit of work on that VC! :ernae:

hinch
December 6th, 2008, 14:51
Big wows!

BananaBob
December 6th, 2008, 15:49
Wow! is right! :isadizzy::applause:

mike_cyul
December 6th, 2008, 16:22
Said it before and I'll say it again: really, really nice!:applause:

Mike

Mr.Mugel
December 6th, 2008, 18:10
Looks good, catches the feel of the real 190 'pit (Yes, I had the chance to sit in one, while supporting a restoration project with the few bucks I had those days....!) Might have to look into this one, as well as the 109 series, but still itīs the same problem with them bucks...:redf:

Edit: By the way, how is it on frames?

P.s. Excuse my spelling, 4 AM here, had some drinks....

Panther_99FS
December 6th, 2008, 18:55
I love the sounds! :applause:

And if it's really as FPS friendly as I've heard, we're in for a real treat...:mixedsmi:

jankees
December 6th, 2008, 23:41
wow is right!

huub vink
December 7th, 2008, 05:29
I love the sounds! :applause:

And if it's really as FPS friendly as I've heard, we're in for a real treat...:mixedsmi:

From experience I can tell you it is very framerate friendly. However, you must realise the model is not fully finished yet. Om my average modern PC I can maintain an 20fps without problems most of the times. All sliders (except AI) are on full.

For those who want to see more, there are some screenshots from this spectacular VC at Matthias web-pages: http://www.classics-hangar.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18

Cheers,
Huub

italoc
December 7th, 2008, 07:05
As said by everybody before me:

W O W

Italo