PDA

View Full Version : AI Aircraft

Walter
May 11th, 2011, 17:11
How does one get AI aircraft to work on FSX? I got a bunch, but I can't find them. Please help! :icon_lol:

Walter

P.S. This forum has been a great help to me on FSX. I am greatly appriciative! :mixedsmi: Thank you all for your kind help!

Meshman
May 11th, 2011, 18:13
To have Ai working in FSX or FS9 you need;

1. AI planes, generally low-poly, multi-LOD models to keep the FPS hit down
2. Flightplans telling the AI plane to fly from point A to point B at such and such time, on such and such day
3. Parking spots at Airport A and at Airport B that will accommodate the influx of planes.

That's the simple explanation. It can get more complex, if so desired.

fsafranek
May 11th, 2011, 20:15
Pay a visit to Martin Gossmann's Owl's Nest (http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/) website.

And in the meantime, what aircraft are you trying to bring into FSX as AI?
:ernae:

Walter
May 12th, 2011, 12:58
I got the FSX Vietnam War project - Navy Ops pack and it came with a bunch of AI aircraft, but I can't seem to find them in the flight sim.

Dave Torkington
May 12th, 2011, 20:58
I got the FSX Vietnam War project - Navy Ops pack and it came with a bunch of AI aircraft, but I can't seem to find them in the flight sim.

Hi Walter,

Searching for AI can be a pain, especially if there's a bunch of it! Here's a screenie of one flight plan for an AI B-52G which is in the Navy Ops pack. Try going to Rayong [VTBU] at the departure time shown 05:30 Hrs GMT [you may have to tweak this either side slightly] and you should see the B-52 depart after a few minutes.

The prog. I've used for a long time now is AI Flight Planner. It's a very useful tool for making and editing flight plans for both FS9 and FSX. If you want to try using it to view any AI Traffic flight plan, then you can get it here http://members.shaw.ca/aifp/

Maybe there's another prog. that simply displays AI traffic timetable from a Traffic bgl like a departures / arrivals board... Could be a nice project for someone!

I assume you're getting FSX default AI? You may already know this, but try right clicking on the FSX screen [once you're 'in' the Sim] and select Traffic, then click on an aircraft description to 'follow' it. Another very nice feature of FSX...

Hope this helps :salute:

Sieggie
May 13th, 2011, 10:14

The Navy Ops Pack does not appear to be released yet. Where did you get it?

Dave

Walter
May 13th, 2011, 10:38
Oops! Sorry about that! I just got the base pack for the Vietnam War project, not the Naval Ops... I just copied and pasted the name from the forum post without remembering to turn it into the standard Vietnam War project base pack. (I was tired) Sorry... :icon_lol:

Walter

Sieggie
May 13th, 2011, 11:14
ya had me all excited that it had released. I will go back to sleep again.

Dave