PDA

View Full Version : Carenado Commander 114 is out!

Felixthreeone
May 10th, 2011, 18:25
Just checked the Carenado homepage and there it was!

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

Cirrus N210MS
May 10th, 2011, 18:44
nice i am waiting for the king air :salute:

maybe some day ill pickup this plane :jump:

DaveKDEN
May 10th, 2011, 18:52
Thanks for the H/U. Been waiting for this one - just bought it. Off to check it out.

Felixthreeone
May 10th, 2011, 19:02
Thanks for the H/U. Been waiting for this one - just bought it. Off to check it out.

...Let me know your impressions; I will prob get it this weekend if i can get my 'puter sorted......

DaveKDEN
May 10th, 2011, 20:10
...Let me know your impressions; I will prob get it this weekend if i can get my 'puter sorted......

Briefly - it's very nice! Right up there with Carenado quality. I've loved their graphics for many a year now though. Seemed a bit slow in the roll axis so I upped the aileron effectiveness from 0.85 to 1.0, and lowered the roll stability from 1.8 to 1.0. Seems a bit more in line with an aircraft of it's type now - though I've never flown a real C114. Some nice little features included and enough paint schemes to keep you interested. Runs very well on my now dated computer - being easy on the fps. I also like the fact that Carenado has kept the price below $30.00 US. If you've liked previous Carenado products, you'll like the C114.

strykerpsg
May 10th, 2011, 22:21

maybe some day ill pickup this plane :jump:
Where are they hiding the pics on their King Air?(Found em, never mind). I too would love a King Air in FSX.

Matt

skyhawka4m
May 11th, 2011, 04:38
Matt.......buy it. Its very nice!

bstolle
May 11th, 2011, 06:42
Seemed a bit slow in the roll axis so I upped the aileron effectiveness from 0.85 to 1.0, and lowered the roll stability from 1.8 to 1.0. Seems a bit more in line with an aircraft of it's type now - though I've never flown a real C114.

I don't understand why people start changing the flight dynamics without any experience on type.

The 114 is VERY stable, some RW pilots call it mini-airliner and at least Carenado claims that real 114 pilots have tested it.
IRL I've flown GA planes with an even lower roll rate... so it doesn't seem to be wrong at all.

I didn't excpect it, but this sleek little Carenado 114 became my favourite GA single in no time (apart from the FR Supercub of course)

DaveKDEN
May 11th, 2011, 07:34
I don't understand why people start changing the flight dynamics without any experience on type.

I guess because it's my option to do so. I'm also thinking about turning it into a TC model as well - because it's my option to do so. Why does it really matter in a home PC sim? I've never been a rivet counter though.

BTW - I owned a previous version of FSD's C115TC which had a much more responive roll rate than the Carenado C114. I can't imagine there's that much of a difference in roll rates between the two models (irl). I'm not meaning to criticize the Carenado model as I thinks it's beautiful, however, I wanted a snappier aileron response.

bstolle
May 11th, 2011, 08:01
I guess because it's my option to do so. I'm also thinking about turning it into a TC model as well - because it's my option to do so. Why does it really matter in a home PC sim? I've never been a rivet counter though.

why it matters? Because the way you wrote your opinion it made the impression that you consider it more realistic with the changes you've mentioned.
Of course it's your option to make it less realistic....

skyhawka4m
May 11th, 2011, 08:09

BTW - I owned a previous version of FSD's C115TC which had a much more responive roll rate than the Carenado C114. I can't imagine there's that much of a difference in roll rates between the two models (irl). I'm not meaning to criticize the Carenado model as I thinks it's beautiful, however, I wanted a snappier aileron response.

Frankly...having owned both FSD and Carenado products...its like comparing apples and oranges. FSD models to me seem to be far worse, except for the P-38, in this area.

heywooood
May 11th, 2011, 08:40
I love Carenado - all of their products perform so well in FSX and as mentioned the price is right.

On modifying - isn't that the beauty of MS flight sims? - once you buy or install something, its all open to personalization in many aspects? Thats part of the appeal, no?

If someone wants their Piper Cherokee to roll like a Wildcat....they can adjust their files accordingly...no harm - no foul that I can see.

Felixthreeone
May 11th, 2011, 08:53
My original comment regarding 'impressions' was more or less related to 'new release' bugs of any kind, or any glaringly obvious deficiencies, such as bouncing on takeoff or whatnot. If anyone sees those things, I will wait. Otherwise, it looks great and has a typically carenado strong feature list. It will get added to my hangar unless someone notes a true 'shortcoming'. :salute:

DaveKDEN
May 11th, 2011, 08:58
why it matters? Because the way you wrote your opinion it made the impression that you consider it more realistic with the changes you've mentioned.
Of course it's your option to make it less realistic....

...and I also QUANTIFIED it by stating I don't have any real world experience in a C114!

So alrighty then, I won't loose any sleep over MY modifications to a SIMULATED aircraft in a PC SIMULATION if you don't. :sleep:

DaveKDEN
May 11th, 2011, 09:00
Frankly...having owned both FSD and Carenado products...its like comparing apples and oranges. FSD models to me seem to be far worse, except for the P-38, in this area.

Don't let a certain FSD flight dynamics expert know that. ;)

Reddog
May 11th, 2011, 09:03
and it comes with real gauges, not those glass thingees, and yes I know I'm showing my age :)

Cirrus N210MS
May 11th, 2011, 10:06
looks good nice vc panel from what i see

i am thinking about geting this plane

photo from carenado website
http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/image/productos/RO100X/6.jpg

Reddog
May 11th, 2011, 10:15
Hi can some tell me where they are located, my bank isn't allowing any out of country transactions on there bank card.
Any one in the states handle there products?

skyhawka4m
May 11th, 2011, 11:22
Simarket will eventually get it.

Astoroth
May 11th, 2011, 12:27
Hi can some tell me where they are located, my bank isn't allowing any out of country transactions on there bank card.
Any one in the states handle there products?

Brazil

ryanbatc
May 11th, 2011, 13:29
I've not purchased any Carenado offering's since the F33 Bonanza. What I am waiting for is the C210 though.

This looks decent but it does appear to be the same ole, same ole'

spotlope
May 11th, 2011, 14:12
Brazil

I thought they were in Argentina.

Naki
May 11th, 2011, 14:37
Nope Chile

Lateral-G
May 11th, 2011, 14:48

+1

spotlope
May 11th, 2011, 16:39
Nope Chile

LOL, I knew it was down there somewhere. Of course, Chile. How silly of me. :engel016:

Astoroth
May 11th, 2011, 23:17
All I know is that one of my purchases from carenado, the bank that issued my credit card called me to ask if I had authorized a transaction to a place in Brazil called Carenado.....that's what I was basing my info on....possibly the bank was wrong, wouldn't be the first time, they still think I'm not a millionaire....:icon_lol:

flaviossa
May 12th, 2011, 02:50
Why donīt you guys use a paypal account? Iīm using it for years and years without a glitch. And avoids all the problems in using credit cards thru several unknow sites. All my payware addons i bought with it. I even buy a lot of things from Hong Kong with it :icon_lol:

Go for it and you will not have more problems with credit cards on internet.

clmooring
May 16th, 2011, 19:38
Very nicely done. Can the xp reality 530 gps be installed in it?

Also, should the clock work?

Thanks it was worth the wait.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Bushpounder
May 17th, 2011, 02:37

The 114 is VERY stable, some RW pilots call it mini-airliner and at least Carenado claims that real 114 pilots have tested it.
IRL I've flown GA planes with an even lower roll rate... so it doesn't seem to be wrong at all.

I didn't excpect it, but this sleek little Carenado 114 became my favourite GA single in no time (apart from the FR Supercub of course)

Thanks for the write-up, Bernt. I flew the 112 r/w, and it was a very stable plane to fly. It was not a fast roller, so the "fix" another poster offered is not true to type, but rather true to opinion, which is his right to have an opinion. I guess if one wants something to fly like the Wright Flyer or a Concord rather than reality, that is their option. Like I said, this was a good, stable plane. The only problem that some reported about the real plane, was that it tended to Dutch Roll. It was noticable from the back seat, but not the front. I never sat in the back. :) I am also not sure if it was all models/years or just the 112. The one I flew was a 1976 112A.

Don

Felixthreeone
May 19th, 2011, 03:08
I think I will wait fot the FS Pilotshop to offer it for sale, as I have quite a few 'rewards' dollars sitting in my account....or maybe I will wait for the C90 or 337...not too interested in the T210

wombat666
May 20th, 2011, 10:41
I guess I will have to fire up FSX if I want the new crop of really nice GA aircraft ......:kilroy:

doublecool
May 21st, 2011, 01:31
I will be getting this wonderful aircraft
Carenado has always produced great stuff but there raising the bar with each release it seem

Thanks Carenado Team :applause::applause::applause: