PDA

View Full Version : loading patch's

monk
May 10th, 2011, 14:34
I can not load any patch,I have windows 7 and il21946 with 4.07 loaded.For the life of me I can't get any patch to load. Had game installed and removed it a year ago and now want to start giving il2 another play. HELP ME:sleep:

Roger
May 10th, 2011, 15:05
I have no idea other than to disable UAC in Win7 and try again.

monk
May 10th, 2011, 15:15
what is UAC in win 7?

Roger
May 10th, 2011, 15:34
UAC is "User Account Control" and it demands "permission" to do almost anything. Google or try Windows help for details. I don't have Win7, I have Vista which is where UAC originated and you can turn it off in Vista and Win7. This may not be your issue but it's worth a look see.

heywooood
May 10th, 2011, 19:41
I had the same problem with Il2 and windows 7

here is what you must do

uninstall il2'46 and all of its folders manually

re install the sim in a folder that is NOT in your program files or program files (x86) folders...

I put mine in my users / my name / folder

after this you can patch the sim all you want

just disabling UAC or giving yourself access in the security settings will NOT work.

You must load the game outside of the programs and program (x86) folders

stansdds
May 11th, 2011, 04:23
Heywooood is on the right path. With Windows Vista and 7, you are best off installing games and sims to a separate directory. I actually place mine on a separate hard drive, but back when I had only one drive, I would partition the drive with C on one partition and all my games and stuff on another. This eliminates the problems of Windows security fouling up a game or sim.

monk
May 14th, 2011, 12:21
Thanks for all the info. What I did is uninstall all il2 1946 dada to include removing files in the program directory. I then reloaded game and installed the patch in "program files (X86). Be sure it is in (X86) or it will load in the other program file ? Why I do not know. But now I have the patch's and can start flying again. I have been driving NASCAR sims and playing FPS type games. Now it's back to flying for this old paratroper