PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who are familiar with FSX Instant Mision Maker

Sid2008
May 10th, 2011, 09:06
Alright, I am trying to make a simple firebombing misssion.
I need to put is an FSX fire effect on a mountain side and tell Instant Mission maker to put out the blaze after a few accurate chemical applications from aircraft.

Any ideas how i tell IMM to put out the "fire" effect after chemical applications?

Thanks,
Sid

Meshman
May 10th, 2011, 09:58
Once upon a time I used to be familiar with IMM, but didn't reinstall it last time I redid everything. I'd suggest the Flight1 forums for help; http://www.simforums.com/forums/forums.html

My recollection of IMM would be to set up an area that the plane would have to enter, then have the effect turned off. But that's not really much help, is it?

Astoroth
May 10th, 2011, 11:55
I made one of those missions a while back, just to see if I could. I set it up for a three pass operation.

Important! if you want to put the fire out, place the scenery as a Mission scenery object, not as an FSX scenery file.

User should: Reach an area (area located at a fixed position).

In slew mode, position your plane at the center of the fire.

(Use plane position) click that to set the center of your area on the fire. Set AGL to 0. Using the width and feet boxes, make your area box big enough that it includes the entire fire. Use preview mode to check visually. Make your area box height about 500' to allow the plane to enter it on a low pass over the fire. Check the (wait until accomplished) box, so that it won't precede to the next mission parameter until you have entered that box. Compass and pointer setting are up to you, whether you want them visible or not.

In the mission action pane on the left side, copy and paste your (reach the specified area) action twice, so that you will have a total of three passes to make. The mission will then wait for you to enter that area each time.

after the third (reach the specified area) action, insert an (AI/Scenery - Hide AI or Scenery object), and select the fire effect that you placed for the mission.

Voila! After you make the three required passes, the fire will disappear, you put it out!
You can then either end the mission there with the (goal achieved) action, or have the firebomber fly back to base to end the mission.

Hope this helps!

Sid2008
May 13th, 2011, 14:31
your idead worked beautifully.
thank you,
Sid

Astoroth
May 14th, 2011, 00:27
You're welcome, glad I could help. :salute: