PDA

View Full Version : Busch and Harvick Fined (Jayski.com)

Daveroo
May 10th, 2011, 08:34
Harvick -Busch fined, probation: per a Kevin Harvick tweet (http://twitter.com/#%21/KevinHarvick): "4 weeks probation and $25,000 fine....I understand because of the car on pit road.." And from ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=6520143&campaign=link&source=JAYSKI): Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch were placed on four weeks' probation and fined $25,000 Tuesday for their pit road confrontation following Saturday night's Sprint Cup race at Darlington Raceway. Harvick tweeted about his penalty and officials from Kevin Harvick Inc. confirmed the punishment Tuesday.
AND NASCAR has penalized NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick as a result of rules infractions committed at last weekend's event at Darlington Raceway. Busch, driver of the #18 car, and Harvick, driver of the #29 car, have each been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events until June 15 for violating Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing  involved in an altercation on pit road after the conclusion of the race). "These penalties are a result of what occurred on pit road after the race was over," said Kerry Tharp, senior director for communications, competition. "They are about maintaining a safe environment on pit road."(NASCAR)(5-10-2011)

Panther_99FS
May 10th, 2011, 08:55
Big story is below.
Excellent decision by NASCAR (but EasyEd won't be satisfied).

Bottom line is that NASCAR had enough intelligence to see Harvick's role in the entire incident.

--> http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-kevin-harvick-kyle-busch-fined-placed-on-nascar-probation/

Daveroo
May 10th, 2011, 11:42
Big story is below

allways gotta out do me huh HUH????

hehehehehehehe..........i still think Kyle did the right thing.....i would have done the same.....get punched in the face? or punch the throttle?...punch the throttle wins in my book....i can ( if im busch) afford the fine

Panther_99FS
May 10th, 2011, 17:13
Daveroo,
You got the thread going....:mixedsmi:

wombat666
May 10th, 2011, 18:59
Not severe enough.
Four weeks SUSPENSION and $100,000 fine each is more like it.
:banghead:

EasyEd
May 10th, 2011, 20:37
Hey All,

Really disgusting! I think that car probably needed to crush someone's legs to get NASCAR's attention. You'd have seen real punishment then - in addition to lawsuits.

Pretty obvious what NASCAR is doing. The punishment is mild cause they want the controversy to build as the chase nears and then they want the controversy during the chase as well. Anything for a buck it seems.

Couple other comments.

Suppose person A picks a fight with person B and person B pulls a knife throws it at person A missing but manages to stab person C a bystander. Are persons A and B equally responsible for what happened to person C? No not even close in my opinion and likely not in the opinion of the law either. B would go to jail or prison if person C died A wouldn't and shouldn't although person A should be punished he ultimately did not pull the knife - that is totally on person B. Same situation here.

As for fighting. You can't hurt anybody wearing a helmet - only your hand plus there was window netting. What was Kyle so afraid of?

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
May 10th, 2011, 21:27
Well I'm done with this subject now...NASCAR has made their decision......they're the experts and it appears that they also understand the fact that Kyle's action was a re-action to a Harvick action...

Daveroo
May 11th, 2011, 08:02
easy ed...one thing yer not seeming to understand......as far as someone ON pitroad to be hit...NO ONE is supposed to be on pit road at that time ..those crewmen should also be fined for being there,they broke the rules.....only crew members on the "over the wall crew" are allowed on any part of the track including pitroad AND they are restricted to within three pitboxes for pushing the car only.......so infact...they put themselves at risk...NOT Kyle....

and dont nitpick here..the race may have been checker flagged but the cars were still coming off the racing surface from the active race....

PRB
May 11th, 2011, 10:23
Ok, look at it like this: What if Kyle doesn't decide to push the 29 car out of the way and drive off. What if, instead, Kyle gets out of his car, and he and Kevin proceed to govern themselves in accordance with current NASCAR policy, and "have at it", pushing shoving, and yelling at each other. Would either of them have been called to the trailer and/or fined? Based on last years antics between "the two Jeffs" (Gordon and Burton) which took place on the race track, but under caution, I think we can all agree the answer is no. So, we can then conclude that Kyle was fined for pushing the pilotless 29 car, which I understand. And Kevin was fined for... what, exactly?

Terry
May 11th, 2011, 12:10
Ok, look at it like this: What if Kyle doesn't decide to push the 29 car out of the way and drive off. What if, instead, Kyle gets out of his car, and he and Kevin proceed to govern themselves in accordance with current NASCAR policy, and "have at it", pushing shoving, and yelling at each other. Would either of them have been called to the trailer and/or fined? Based on last years antics between "the two Jeffs" (Gordon and Burton) which took place on the race track, but under caution, I think we can all agree the answer is no. So, we can then conclude that Kyle was fined for pushing the pilotless 29 car, which I understand. And Kevin was fined for... what, exactly?

Instigating the situation! But of course he had no choice in the matter, if he had not gotten out to go after Kyle, Delana would have kicked his butt later.

stansdds
May 12th, 2011, 04:04
Instigating the situation! But of course he had no choice in the matter, if he had not gotten out to go after Kyle, Delana would have kicked his butt later.
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: