PDA

View Full Version : OrbX Sale

Kowalski65
May 9th, 2011, 00:34
Not sure if its been mentioned before elsewhere but Ive just got an e mail saying FSS have 44% off all OrbX stuff!

I may get myself a few more PNW fields

http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=92

Bargain time!!!!

Andy

Bruce Thompson
May 9th, 2011, 02:16
Thanks for the HU Andy, just got two more to go with PNW.

skyhawka4m
May 9th, 2011, 03:18
wow...now that only figures since I bought Orca's just this past week and its on sale and Kushman which is the only one I need is not on sale.....uuuggghhhh

great sale though and anyone who does not have these......go get them.

Tim-HH
May 9th, 2011, 04:28
That's already the third sale in the last six month! I hope that will not be counterproductive for Orbx.

I mean, who will continue to pay the regular price when there is a sale almost every two month...?

However, thanks for the sale!

Greetings
Tim

HvyEng
May 9th, 2011, 08:36
The sales definitely hooked me. PNW was my first ORBx scenery, picked it up on sale and am completely hooked. I would love to be able to purchase all of their work outright, but a tight budget means I have to stretch my moolah as far as it will go. With a little patience I have become the consummate FSX bargain hunter. I have no problem paying full price when I can afford it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
All four AUS base packs for $65, you can’t beat that, and when Alice Springs comes out, I will be the first in line, full price or not!<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
--Dan<o:p></o:p>

pilottj
May 9th, 2011, 09:40
yeehaa, was waiting for this, picked up Concrete and Israel's Farm to round out the PNW airport collection :jump:

YoYo
May 9th, 2011, 11:13
All four AUS base packs for $65, you can’t beat that, and when Alice Springs comes out, I will be the first in line, full price or not!
[FONT=Tahoma]--Dan<o:p></o:p>

59$ :)

I thinking too about Australia SP4, whole:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=92&products_id=1314

koorby
May 9th, 2011, 21:01
That's already the third sale in the last six month! I hope that will not be counterproductive for Orbx.

I mean, who will continue to pay the regular price when there is a sale almost every two month...?

However, thanks for the sale!

Greetings
Tim

Hi Tim,

It may appear we're having very 'regular' sales but we really only have two major ones a year (around about now and towards the end of the year). We also do 'snap sales' featuring perhaps a single airport or a region, like the recent PNW sale. We keep the sales random otherwise people will be 'sale-camping' if you know what I mean ;)

As a company we don't rely on these sales to survive, but we are mindful of the strong Australian dollar right now, and that some folks are doing it harder these days, so we hope the sale will allow folks to pick up a few bargains.

YoYo
May 9th, 2011, 21:52
Hi Tim,
and that some folks are doing it harder these days, so we hope the sale will allow folks to pick up a few bargains.

I bought whole AU SP4 :). Thx for this promotion.

Daube
May 10th, 2011, 00:56
I think my harddrive will really hate what I'm about to do...

DennyA
May 10th, 2011, 21:44
I really want to try the PNW scenery, but I've already invested in Megascenery for all of Washington and part of Oregon...

Could I get PNW and enable/disable it in my Scenery library if I had it above the Megascenery stuff?

skyhawka4m
May 11th, 2011, 04:41
The answer is very simple....yes! There's actually a seup ICON from your desktop to just that.

john

DennyA
May 11th, 2011, 06:41
Sweet, thanks, John! I invested in Megascenery before this came out and there are things about I really like -- spotting actual local locations, and how it looks from altitude -- but I'd love to get PNW for when I'm flying low-and-slow.

I'll have to snag it after work tonight!

Sedr37
May 11th, 2011, 13:50
WOW great news!

skyhawka4m
May 11th, 2011, 22:01
Does anyone else have a deep valley at airport 7WA5 where the runway should be?

skyhawka4m
May 18th, 2011, 14:45
bump......can someone check out this airport to see if you are having the same issue I am please?

DaveKDEN
May 18th, 2011, 15:12
Thanks for the h/u - bought NA Blue Northern Rockie Mountains to add to NA Blue PNW.

DaveKDEN
May 18th, 2011, 15:24
bump......can someone check out this airport to see if you are having the same issue I am please?

No problem here with 7WA5. Do you have OZx NA installed?

skyhawka4m
May 18th, 2011, 16:40
yes I do........

DaveKDEN
May 18th, 2011, 18:11
yes I do........

I do as well. Maybe try to re-install OZx NA, or check in it's scenery folder to make sure you have the 5 different 7WA5 scenery .bgl files.

kh_7WA5_AFX.bgl
kh_7WA5_AFX_CVX.bgl
kh_7WA5_CVX.bgl
kh_7WA5_PLC.bgl
kh_7WA5_PR.bgl

bkeske
May 18th, 2011, 19:21
Thanks for the h/u - bought NA Blue Northern Rockie Mountains to add to NA Blue PNW.

Same here, but also sprung for Pacific Fjords as well.

Man, makes one of my favorite area to fly quite seamless with UT Alaska and Canada as well. Incredible work by all these folks.

LouP
May 18th, 2011, 19:51
LMAO,

All of a sudden, I find myself down under :icon_lol:

LouP

skyhawka4m
May 18th, 2011, 22:27
I do as well. Maybe try to re-install OZx NA, or check in it's scenery folder to make sure you have the 5 different 7WA5 scenery .bgl files.

kh_7WA5_AFX.bgl
kh_7WA5_AFX_CVX.bgl
kh_7WA5_CVX.bgl
kh_7WA5_PLC.bgl
kh_7WA5_PR.bgl

All 5 are there......hmmm

LouP
May 19th, 2011, 16:45
Picked up 4 more Aussie airports and the Lancair. Someone needs to stop this madness :icon_lol: