PDA

View Full Version : 'Bourdais Out - Button In?'

Panther_99FS
December 6th, 2008, 11:09
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-button-could-test-toro-rosso-next-week/

Ferry_vO
December 6th, 2008, 13:48
STR needs money too, and I doubt Jenson will bring it...

Talent and experience-wise he's probably a better choice than Taku-san or Sebastien though.

According to 'sources' the former Honda team has at least three possible buyers, and Brawn and Fry are working on deal with Ferrari for a customer engine.. Seems the 2009 car is almost ready.

:)

Ferry_vO
December 6th, 2008, 13:53
At least four manufacturers have commited to stay in F1 (For now):

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081206.004/other-carmakers-committed-to-f1

wombat666
December 7th, 2008, 08:39
Nothing from Renault ................:isadizzy:
I believe Citroen are looking for a Government bail-out but I can't confirm that one.
Button would be good for STR but not if Bourdais has to go.
At least that move can't be blamed on Gerald!
:173go1:

demorier
December 7th, 2008, 19:27
Maybe Bernie's future ex-wife could buy Honda team with her divorce money.

wombat666
December 7th, 2008, 22:27
Maybe Bernie's future ex-wife could buy Honda team with her divorce money.

She could probably but HONDA mate!!!
:costumes:

Ferry_vO
December 8th, 2008, 07:19
Nothing from Renault ................:isadizzy:
I believe Citroen are looking for a Government bail-out but I can't confirm that one.

IIRC PSA (Peugeot and Citroen) are owned by the state of France for quite some time.

Panther_99FS
December 8th, 2008, 16:31
IIRC PSA (Peugeot and Citroen) are owned by the state of France for quite some time.

Ah,
So they already had their government bail-out then...

wombat666
December 9th, 2008, 05:27

Not sure about that one myself Ferry, IIRC they used to be under the group name of 'PRV', it was a 'PRV' V6T/C the WM used for their assault on the 400KPH barrier at LM.
:173go1:

Ferry_vO
December 9th, 2008, 09:57
IIRC 'PRV' were Peugeot, Renault and Volvo who joined forces to share technologies. The V6 was one of their products (It also powered the DeLorean) but they never merged.

Interesting Rumour today on a Dutch site: Renault/Citroen are interested in buying the Honda team, and they are willing to swap Button with Bourdais to get a french driver.

IanP
December 12th, 2008, 01:16
PSA own Peugeot, Citroen and Renault these days, I believe. At least all the paperwork for all three is headed "PSA".

...and FIAT UK use Renault Finance to fund car purchases. Go figure.

Ian P.