PDA

View Full Version : Launcher issues

FlyingFinn
May 6th, 2011, 09:41
Anyone else suffering from these? NO matter which I try, the quick launch icon on desktop or the play-button on Steam, the launcher crashes in few seconds. only if I try inserting the game CD and clicking the icon that appears on the start up menu, the game starts as it should. As far as I know, the game is still non-updated, so where are the patches that I can download in order to get rid of this issue?

All I wanted was a new flightsim where I can enjoy of the scenery, shoot down Jerries.. and all I got was pulse-raising, nerve gnawing pile of buggy crap.:a1451:

redriver6
May 6th, 2011, 12:05
steam automatically updates the game when official patches are released...they do however usually release a beta patch before steam gets it...theres one out now but it didn't help me at all. i can start the game but whenever i try to load a mission i get a launcher crash..

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189

flyer01
May 6th, 2011, 19:14
Anyone else suffering from these? NO matter which I try, the quick launch icon on desktop or the play-button on Steam, the launcher crashes in few seconds. only if I try inserting the game CD and clicking the icon that appears on the start up menu, the game starts as it should. As far as I know, the game is still non-updated, so where are the patches that I can download in order to get rid of this issue?

All I wanted was a new flightsim where I can enjoy of the scenery, shoot down Jerries.. and all I got was pulse-raising, nerve gnawing pile of buggy crap.:a1451:

I do not have the CD I download from the net. What country are you from to have a CD?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?53131-Beta-patch-May-4th
flyer01

Naismith
May 6th, 2011, 19:33

Been there.

stansdds
May 7th, 2011, 02:49
Yep, I'm avoiding this one. I don't care for games or sims that must be downloaded and connect to the internet every time I want to play.

FlyingFinn
May 7th, 2011, 03:01
Well, I found a way around the issue. the quick launch icons are knackered somehow, thus, I just launch it from the main folder of the game. I paid 50€ for this game, and I'm sure as hell going to get what I paid for even if I have to carve it out of the devs backbone..

Flyer01, I'm from Finland as my username suggests. :wavey: In the end, CD was pointless, the game files were downloaded via Steam anyways.. Why didn't they just sell a card with the product code for the steam instead?

Redriver6, I installed the latest beta patch, and it did improve the framerate issues as well as fix some visuals.

flyer01
May 7th, 2011, 06:45
Yep, I'm avoiding this one. I don't care for games or sims that must be downloaded and connect to the internet every time I want to play.

stansdds,
I know what you mean. I do not fly CoD using stream. CoD can be played off line.

Unless you play MP of course.

I was playing OFF Phase II last night and had the settings on high. My system could not play OFF II like that . I can play CoD with the settings on High.

From reading the post at the CoD forum there is already a big number of sim'ers from the USA flying CoD.

flyer01