PDA

View Full Version : Rob Richardson's latest

RyDraiggoch
May 4th, 2011, 08:57
Rob just updated his first model the Gannet.....now vailable in As6 guise for FSx/SP2Accel at www.britsim.com

Leif

http://www.britsim.com/components/com_remository_files/file_image_2107/img_2107_01.jpg

Daube
May 4th, 2011, 09:03
Thanks for the info, but I'm a little bit lost here: wasn't the FSX Gannet already released several months ago ?

delta_lima
May 4th, 2011, 09:14
From the readme ...

"
Much improved model, flight dynamics, textures, gauges etc...of the Fairey Gannet AS-6 electronic countermeasures aircraft of 831 Naval Air Squadron as it would have looked when at RAF Watton in 1964."

dl

ps: Mods, suggest we merge with http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?53120-Updated-Fairey-Gannet-AS-6.

flaviossa
May 4th, 2011, 09:18
I´m allways gettint this message when unzipping the file:

! C:\Temp\Fairey_Gannet_AS6.zip: Fail CRC in Fairey_Gannet_AS6\model\Fairey
Gannet AS 6.mdl. The file is corrupt

I downloaded it 6 times and everyone i got the error... anybody else?

hschuit
May 4th, 2011, 09:25
In case of download problems: Instead of choosing "save" you have to select "open". Once complete, save it to your harddisk.

delta_lima
May 4th, 2011, 09:47
I´m allways gettint this message when unzipping the file:

! C:\Temp\Fairey_Gannet_AS6.zip: Fail CRC in Fairey_Gannet_AS6\model\Fairey
Gannet AS 6.mdl. The file is corrupt

I downloaded it 6 times and everyone i got the error... anybody else?

No problems here ... I've never had any with any of their downloads.

dl

flaviossa
May 4th, 2011, 09:49
Ok thanks ... interesting is that all other files that i download from there are ok. Only this .zip is giving me this result ....

flaviossa
May 4th, 2011, 09:58
Can someone help me and send the file "Fairey Gannet AS 6.mdl" please?
It´s the only file that is corrupt in all my attempts. Please pm me!

Thanks in advance! :salute:

Bruce Thompson
May 4th, 2011, 10:09
Can't download, tried loads of times and different ways, when you try to open the zip it says it's corrupt.

flaviossa
May 4th, 2011, 10:25
Yeah! Welcome to the club! hehehehe

harrybasset
May 4th, 2011, 10:26
I downloaded it with no problems. I've just been flying it and it is a gentlemans flying machine par excellence. Now hoping for an AEW 3 to this standard.

OleBoy
May 4th, 2011, 11:13
Corrupt files from Britsim server has always been an issue. Best solution (for me anyway) use Internet Explorer.

OT but, that Gannet airframe is sure an ugly looking thing.

Thank You Leif, and Rob.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/769/wip2011may4009.jpg

Stefano Zibell
May 4th, 2011, 11:36
I remember I suffered a lot trying to get the hunters from there. This came fine though, and great turboprop sounds by the way.

Ferry_vO
May 4th, 2011, 11:55
:applause: :applause: :applause:

AndyG43
May 4th, 2011, 12:01
I downloaded it with no problems. I've just been flying it and it is a gentlemans flying machine par excellence. Now hoping for an AEW 3 to this standard.

Same here, downloaded with no problems - and I agree, she is an absolute dream. And I totally agree with Mr Basset, an AEW3 would be the icing on the cake, perfect for filling that last gap on the deck of the Flying Stations Ark Royal. :salute:

Roger
May 4th, 2011, 12:17
I have tried Internet Explorer 9 "save" and then "open". I have tried DAP downloader and Star downloader. I cannot get a good file.

Chris Sykes
May 4th, 2011, 12:18
Problems here. using IE9 and keep trying just doesnt want to DL :frown:

Tako_Kichi
May 4th, 2011, 12:22
Came in 2nd time for me using Firefox. I never do anything else while DL'ing and watch the DL box to make sure the file size is the full amount when the DL quits.

mal998
May 4th, 2011, 12:44
Downloading here using IE7...can't get a good download.

Ferry_vO
May 4th, 2011, 12:45
I have a 'thing' for odd aircraft and this is one of the oddest British birds (Like a fat Pelican with two broken wings..) around! :applause:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr376-1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr377.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr379.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr382.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr383-1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr384.jpg

ryanbatc
May 4th, 2011, 14:24
There's a great definition of ugly. :icon_lol:

Naismith
May 4th, 2011, 14:39
Downloading here using IE7...can't get a good download.

Using IE9 got it with no problems FYI

OleBoy
May 4th, 2011, 14:48
There's a great definition of ugly. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: ~> :running: ~> :kilroy:

sketchy
May 4th, 2011, 17:15
Great to see Rob has re-worked this one, the textures look great.

... and what is all this talk about Old British Birds being Ugly?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I'll down load when I get home.

ryanbatc
May 4th, 2011, 17:27
:icon_lol: ~> :running: ~> :kilroy:

Naturally I meant the plane, not the very nice modeling by the FS developer do'h!!

Ferry_vO
May 5th, 2011, 04:09
... and what is all this talk about Old British Birds being Ugly?

Compared to a Spitfire, Hunter or Gnat this really is an ugly duckling! :icon_lol:

sketchy
May 5th, 2011, 11:55
Compared to a Spitfire, Hunter or Gnat this really is an ugly duckling! :icon_lol:

Haha!! You are right there, but I have always loved the Gannet, however not too sure I agree with you on the Gnat mind you!! lol

I managed to download the Gannet no problem last night, I have fun doing some bolters and traps on the Ark Royal when I got home from work, good times.

OleBoy
May 5th, 2011, 12:38
Naturally I meant the plane, not the very nice modeling by the FS developer do'h!!

My comment was not towards the developer by any means

Roger
May 5th, 2011, 13:25
Got a good download first time tonight!

Lovely stuff...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/gannettas6-1.jpg

RyDraiggoch
May 5th, 2011, 13:34
Just dropped in to check everyone was getting it, otherwise I would put a sendspace link up, Roger -- Rob just goes from strength to strength!!! it is another jewel, we just sit next door watching what he is going to do next, oh yes and I expect Peter Watkins will have some paints for it shortly. Finally I just uploaded your own Nigel Richards fabulous Centaurus sound set for the Fury......as I said over there play it LOUD!

Leif

delta_lima
May 5th, 2011, 15:37
Brilliant work, Rob!

I can't think of another aircraft who makes you "look good" trapping aboard - excellent confidence builder. Having been away from my sim pc for a month or so, it's timing was perfect - the ideal plane to get reaquainted with proper night time carrier ops.

With only 350 gal of fuel aboard, she touches down at a very tame 90-95 knts, and with wind over the deck at of 30-50 kts (depending on ship speed and headwind), she's a joy to fly aboard - her portly dimensions nothwithstanding!

Great job on the soundset too - great "period" gas turbine turboprop sound you don't see well executed very often.

Awesome job Robert - a keeper for sure! :ernae:

dl

ps: downloaded fine, feel sheepish grateful I know nothing of all these download issues - all the models have downloaded fine.

Chris Sykes
May 6th, 2011, 03:57
finally downloaded but had to download this at work, which it didnt download the first time, then copy to flash drive and take that home!

RyDraiggoch
May 6th, 2011, 09:36
For anyone who continues to have problems downloading Robs wonderful gift, there is now a sendspace link at The Pond (www,britsim.com) in the general thread...one small favor - developers like to know how they are doing so, if you use the link leave a note there for Rob please

Leif

fallenphoenix1986
May 6th, 2011, 11:46
The model looks great though I was wondering if anyone else finds that she accelerates wildly with the throttle at idle? Immediatly after either engine starts up with the parking brakes on she shoots off at 40 knots.

Craig

Ps. FSX SP2 Accel

Tako_Kichi
May 6th, 2011, 12:03
Anyone else find that she accelerates wildly with the throttle at idle? Immediatly after either engine starts up with the parking brakes on she shoots off at 40 knots.

Craig

Ps. FSX SP2 Accel
This could be a known issue with turbo-prop FDE modelling in FSX and it happens on a number of turbo-prop aircraft. It is particularly noticeable on turbo-prop floaters which are very difficult to keep stationary at idle.

The usual way of dealing with it is to pull back the 'Conditioner' lever while on the ground and while taxiing as this reduces the fuel flow to the engine and thus reduces power but unfortunately not all turbo-props have the conditioner lever modelled (or in some cases they don't exist on the real world version).

Hope that helps.

delta_lima
May 6th, 2011, 14:23
Thanks for explaining that,

I have no wild acceleration - just a mild bit of "creep". It's more pronounced on the Flying Stations Wyvern - but I just ensure parking brake is on.

Learned something new today ...

dl

SkippyBing
May 6th, 2011, 14:50
Thanks for explaining that,

I have no wild acceleration - just a mild bit of "creep". It's more pronounced on the Flying Stations Wyvern - but I just ensure parking brake is on.

Learned something new today ...

If it's any help I only learnt about that yesterday myself! I think I now know how to stop the Wyvern being such a PITA on start up, it's just a case of finding time to sort it out!!

Tako_Kichi
May 6th, 2011, 14:56
If you have the 'mixture' function mapped to a controller axis you can sometimes use that to control the conditioner lever or to simulate the same if no conditioner lever is present. It all depends on how the model was created.

Be aware that turning the mixture/conditioner lever down too far will act as a fuel cut-off and starve the engine.

Rich
May 6th, 2011, 17:41
Flying Stations Wyvern does creep a bit but not with the parking brake on, thats what it is for to stop unwanted movement.

Bruce Thompson
May 6th, 2011, 18:24
The model looks great though I was wondering if anyone else finds that she accelerates wildly with the throttle at idle? Immediatly after either engine starts up with the parking brakes on she shoots off at 40 knots.

Craig

Ps. FSX SP2 Accel

I have found this is happening with a lot of the aircraft I have used of late. Tried all the trim setting for my controls but still not right. I am wondering if one of the addons I have applied could be having an effect on FSX, because this is happening with some aircraft that have been on for months. Most of the aircraft now seem to creep at idle, some set off like scalded cats even with the parking brake on.
I would like to hear if anyone else is having this problem.

mjrhealth
May 6th, 2011, 20:06
Hit ctrl-f1 before you start, this takes prop to coarse I think the when you have started use ctrl-f4 to set it to normal, this usually reduces the problem somewhat, but if you use ctrl e to start it will reset to normal, so when you use ctrl e, wait a short time then hit ctrl-f1 it will bypass the problem.

fallenphoenix1986
May 7th, 2011, 08:04
Thanks for the explanation guys, I'd noticed it to a certain extent with some models but this one kind off got away from me a couple of times... kind of embarassing launching off the side of the Ark Royal with my wings folded and head down tinkering with switches :P

Craig