PDA

View Full Version : PC comuputer Pilot Mag

Pepere
December 6th, 2008, 08:01
If I remember correctly, last month if did a post about the PC Computer Magizine saying the first of Dec something was being released that was the best thing every for FS.... Nothing has been said since? Anyone else have any idea?

David

harleyman
December 6th, 2008, 08:44
Yea...I think it was PC Avaitor..And they have announced they are behind on it and will release just after Christmas...

They still do not say what it is ......:banghead:

Lionheart
December 6th, 2008, 09:48
It will be 'revolutionary'!

:d

IanP
December 6th, 2008, 10:23

What? It's going to keep spinning around in circles? :isadizzy:

Ian P.

heywooood
December 6th, 2008, 10:39
they were talking about REX :kilroy:

Lionheart
December 6th, 2008, 11:09
What? It's going to keep spinning around in circles? :isadizzy:

Ian P.

Yep.. Youve been watching Monty Python again... :mixedsmi:

harleyman
December 6th, 2008, 12:57
they were talking about REX :kilroy:

No...I think not as REX is released....

What Happened To PC Aviator's Big Secret?
As is often the case in software development, things can run overdue and that is the case with this particular project. We originally promised you a 1 December announcement and release date but unfortunately we did not reach that goal. Please standby for the announcement and release on 15 December. This truly will be an exciting product!

harleyman
December 6th, 2008, 12:59

That was sooooooooo bad Bill......LOL :costumes:

But very funny.......:wavey:

Lionheart
December 6th, 2008, 13:03
That was sooooooooo bad Bill......LOL :costumes:

But very funny.......:wavey:

Actually, that was what Robert told me. Its supposed to take scenery to a new level of sophistication and incredible... well. Cant talk about it. I also do not know that much about it. But if Robert says its going to be awesome, I am sure it will be.

Bill

harleyman
December 6th, 2008, 13:19
Actually, that was what Robert told me. Its supposed to take scenery to a new level of sophistication and incredible... well. Cant talk about it. I also do not know that much about it. But if Robert says its going to be awesome, I am sure it will be.

Bill

OK Lionheart...You can't just say that and leave...Its against all moral obligations and stuff....

Who is this Robert and what do you know?

This is killing me now....You are going to put this ol man in the ground with this one....LOL

BTW.....:wavey:

N2056
December 6th, 2008, 13:23
Robert is the individual that runs PC Aviator, and I'm not him :d

BananaBob
December 6th, 2008, 13:37
Nor am I, I have trouble running to the fridge. :costumes:

Pepere
December 6th, 2008, 13:39
Thanks for setting me stright on who said it, Now WHAT THE HELL IS IT!

David

harleyman
December 6th, 2008, 13:39

I bet you could run after your Avatar If need be........:costumes:

Hmmm I really need to get to know this Robert......:jump:

Lionheart
December 6th, 2008, 14:18

LOLOL....

Robert Ferraro is the President and CEO of the PC Aviator empire which includes the popular Computer Pilot magazine, PCAviator.com online pilot shop, and all of the Mega-Scenery selections. (His company do all the huge Mega Scenery productions).

And..... He only told me its about scenery and that it will revolutionise the sim world.

So... Basically, you now know as much as me. :d I promise, that is the truth. But it is evidently going to be one heck of a cool thing.

Thats it.. Thats all I know.

Bill

N2056
December 6th, 2008, 14:22
Note to self...don't tell Bill anything you want kept 'secret' :costumes:

Lionheart
December 6th, 2008, 14:51
ha ha...

He didnt tell me anything secret.. only that its scenery, which is what everyone else knows.

I can hardly wait to see what it is. I am a scenery freak and scenery is really important. If this will fix FSX's scenery, I will fly in it more.

Bill

THibben
December 6th, 2008, 15:00
Especially if it gives the same good frame rates as MegaScenery.

Tom

harleyman
December 6th, 2008, 15:14
Note to self...don't tell Bill anything you want kept 'secret' :costumes:

:costumes::costumes::costumes:

Loks like Lionheart let the Cat outta da bag...... (not really) he's just trying to give us all anxiaty attacks is all........:sheep:

Lionheart
December 6th, 2008, 16:40
Especially if it gives the same good frame rates as MegaScenery.

Tom

Should be awesome!

I wont part with my Mega Scenery SoCal or my Mega City Phoenix. :d

Bill

Gdavis101
December 6th, 2008, 16:48
Sounds fascinating!

heywooood
December 6th, 2008, 17:00
will it cure the shorelines and change the way the land masses seem to be floating on the surface of the water? ...among other things?

harleyman
December 6th, 2008, 18:20
will it cure the shorelines and change the way the land masses seem to be floating on the surface of the water? ...among other things?

:costumes::costumes: Man you asking alot there .........:costumes:

But wouldn't that be great??????

Pepere
December 6th, 2008, 19:01
If this will fix FSX's scenery, I will fly in it more.

Bill

Me too :wiggle::wavey::jump::ernae::applause:

David

Pepere
December 17th, 2008, 12:13
Nothing yet?

David

GT182
December 17th, 2008, 12:58
Yeah 2 days over due. Usually that calls for a search party to be deployed. ;)

Pepere
December 17th, 2008, 17:59
By the time "it's" out the thrill will be over. Maybe they relize it's just another simple addon that people will not nessarly need/want/desire/lust over so they will sneek it out, lets say in January... :mixedsmi:

GT182 are you headed out? :costumes:

David

spotlope
December 17th, 2008, 18:48
Anybody remember Dean Kamen's big secret project that was supposed to change humanity forever? Everybody was talking about it for months. People who had supposedly seen it were falling over themselves to invest in this new miracle product.

Then it was finally revealed: the Segway. I don't know about yours, but my little corner of humanity looks a lot like it did before, except for now one guy in my neighborhood has a Segway.

tigisfat
December 17th, 2008, 22:32
I'm going to pray that it involves subscription aerial imagery service for EVERYWHERE. The megascenery folks have not been releasing scenery, so it's only fair to assume. That would revolutionize MSFS, and we'd almost ALL sign up.

FLighT01
December 18th, 2008, 03:35
There's a thread a mile long over at AVSIM about this. Some of those people are taking it personally, it's like they've already paid for the product and now they are whining because it hasn't been delivered? I really can't understand why their spitting blood over this.

Yeah 2 days over due. Usually that calls for a search party to be deployed. ;)

Maybe a posse!

MudMarine
December 18th, 2008, 04:30
Ah the hype! I'm sure it will "change" the world. My life is going to be "changed" forever. It'll be "change" we can believe in. I think I'll go "change" my underwear! One thing you can almost always count on is developers "changing" the release date when reality sets in!:costumes:

I've seen photoreal scenery which looks great if you usually fly at 10,000 ft plus. I'm just not a photoreal fan becuase I'm usually flying low and semi-slow and it just doesn't look right to my eye. Or it could be some type of satellite generated uber real scenery. I'm not saying this is even going to be scenery; I'm not in the loop. I guess I'm a "I'll believe it when I see it" type of guy............what ever it may be.:isadizzy::costumes:

heywooood
December 18th, 2008, 04:40
I'm with you on that Mud...photoreal just does'nt pull my triggers - but if there is a way to get rid of FSX's saw-toothed sliced layer-cake cliffs, and introduce realistic coastal shallows and muddy riverbanks etc...I'm all for it.

jdhaenens
December 18th, 2008, 05:43
Maybe they found a way to let autogen show through the photoscenery. That would be outstanding!

One thing I'd suggested to Phil before he left Aces was that they should leverage their Photosynth technology with their Birdseye View from Virtual Erth, and develop an api to build 3D photoreal scenery automatically. Now THAT would be way cool!

Pepere
December 18th, 2008, 08:54
A working ATC!:kilroy:

David

Nick C
December 18th, 2008, 09:14
If somebody pays me I'll be happy to tell them what I know...

Lionheart
December 18th, 2008, 09:25
Patience.....

Bill

MudMarine
December 18th, 2008, 09:46
Patience.....

Bill

Ya, Right!!:costumes: That item is usually in short supply around here! I'm usually the first in line for that department!hehe:kilroy: Patience is for Zen masters not Marines.:icon_lol:

Lionheart
December 18th, 2008, 10:22
Ya, Right!!:costumes: That item is usually in short supply around here! I'm usually the first in line for that department!hehe:kilroy: Patience is for Zen masters not Marines.:icon_lol:

lololol.... :costumes:

Zen masters, lol...

I think I became patient when my impatience totally burned out and sizzled to nothing... Now I just smile and wait.

jimjones
December 18th, 2008, 11:38
Maybe they found a way to let autogen show through the photoscenery. That would be outstanding!

That would be nice in forested areas perhaps, but in cities to have buildings pop up and not match in placement or size that of the photoreal would be distracting and take away from the accuracy of the photoreal building appearance.

ananda
December 18th, 2008, 13:25

What? We've been doing it since FS9. This is FSX with Horizon's Generation-X and custom autogen:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1589/southend2ie6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jdhaenens
December 18th, 2008, 16:28
LOL...I know about the annotator, I was just hoping for "show-it-until-told otherwise" when now the opposite is true. As I recall, there used to ba another autogen placement program that would let you place 500 or less objects as well. I did it with KNZY, KNPA and Meridian.

Lionheart
December 18th, 2008, 17:15
What? We've been doing it since FS9. This is FSX with Horizon's Generation-X and custom autogen:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1589/southend2ie6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OH my GOODNESS!

Check out those houses!!

:applause:

Makes you wonder what FS15 will look like...

Bill

Pepere
December 23rd, 2008, 17:36
It's here http://www.megasceneryearth.com/ . Oh well!

Lets see 1/2 cent per sq mile - 3,537,441 square miles in us that equals = $17,687 for the us. Not bad:kilroy:!

David

PS: I unloaded my Mega Hawaii because when I landed at the airports my plane was up to it's belly in earth? :friday:

guzler
December 24th, 2008, 04:01
Now horizon with autogen looks worthy. I can't fly without autogen, www.FranceVFR.com (http://www.FranceVFR.com) has some great photo scenery combining the two