PDA

View Full Version : Hawker Sea Hawk

ZsoltB
May 2nd, 2011, 00:08
Anyone knows a solution for this beautiful model?

http://www.nazcastudios.com/sea-hawk/index.html

I can not use the FSX :-(

Zsolt

SkippyBing
May 2nd, 2011, 00:46
What's not working? I'm sure I've had it in FSX before.

Of course the best bet is to pester Steve into redoing it for FSX...

ZsoltB
May 2nd, 2011, 01:00
What's not working? I'm sure I've had it in FSX before.

Of course the best bet is to pester Steve into redoing it for FSX...

Can not see the gauges in the VC!

DarrenL
May 2nd, 2011, 02:53
What Sea Hawk version are you trying because if you have downloaded the FGA.50 or FGA.100 but without downloading the FGA.6 you may have problems as they use the FGA.6 panel (gauges?) version.

See here - " in order to decrease download size, all sounds and panel assets are contained in the F.1 model zip file, with all other models aliased to these contents. The only exceptions are the FGA.6, FGA.50, FGA.100 which have panels aliased to the FGA.6, and the FGA.101 which has its own panel."

It is fully compatible with FSX, but with some texture transparency issues..it says on the site. But I can't remember now if I changed anything myself.

Is it all the gauges?

ZsoltB
May 2nd, 2011, 04:29
The gauge folder was included in two versions!
Now perfect!

Thanks Guys!

Zsolt

falcon409
May 2nd, 2011, 04:39
Yep, that's a very normal error found with gauges that I refer to as (obviously) '98 gauges. I usually just fire up FSPanel Studio and go to work replacing the errant gauges and then everything is fine.

You might check the info that DarrenL posted above. Not sure if his references will correct the problem or not.:salute:

ZsoltB
May 2nd, 2011, 05:21
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8582/simro.jpg (http://img710.imageshack.us/i/simro.jpg/)

falcon409
May 2nd, 2011, 10:00
Nice shot. Does that mean you corrected the problem. . . .or did you just want to post a quick shot?

ZsoltB
May 2nd, 2011, 11:39
Nice shot. Does that mean you corrected the problem. . . .or did you just want to post a quick shot?

I found the Gauges folders
So now it works

:salute:

heywooood
May 2nd, 2011, 12:29
the Sea Hawk is a beautiful airplane - is that freeware zolt?

AndyG43
May 2nd, 2011, 12:41
the Sea Hawk is a beautiful airplane - is that freeware zolt?

It is Heywooood, follow the link in Zsolt's original post. Steve did us proud with the whole Seahawk family. :salute:

heywooood
May 2nd, 2011, 12:48
ahhh there it is - thank you AndyG, dunno how I missed it :kilroy:

skyblazer3
May 2nd, 2011, 13:00
Does anyone know if they ever fixed the compatibility problem with FS Recorder? If I remember correctly, when you play that aircraft back with FS Recorder you see the chalks hanging a few feet below the model in the gear-up configuration.

nazca_steve
May 18th, 2012, 12:40
Not being much of an FSX user last year, I completely missed this one. The short answer is, no, the problems with FS Recorder still, and always will exist with these models, as I lost all the source files in a crash last year. I am building an entirely new FSX-native version later this year though.

delta_lima
June 2nd, 2012, 23:14
I found the Gauges folders
So now it works

:salute:

Noticed some gauges missing - what did you use, esp the attitude indicator? Something from Garwood's Hunter? Even the ones that work are a bit fuzzy ....

Looking forward to Steve's FSX version - but this would be nice in the interim.

Cheers,

Rich
June 2nd, 2012, 23:58
I get fuzzy gauges in vc but for me it does not matter I rarely use vc if there is a 2d panel available, the attitude gau in vc is not fuzzy and all 2d panel gauges are there.

This is for Fs 9 remember as Steve said, I gave it cat launch and arrestor capability for FSX.

Works well enough for me as a port.

It's been out quite a while.

DL did you download the base models that have the gauges for all the other models.

delta_lima
June 3rd, 2012, 08:23
I get fuzzy gauges in vc but for me it does not matter I rarely use vc if there is a 2d panel available, the attitude gau in vc is not fuzzy and all 2d panel gauges are there.

This is for Fs 9 remember as Steve said, I gave it cat launch and arrestor capability for FSX.

Works well enough for me as a port.

It's been out quite a while.

DL did you download the base models that have the gauges for all the other models.

Downloaded the FGA6, all gauges save attitude present. Tried subbing in the f1 panel - same: attitude gear missing.

thanks,

DL

Rich
June 3rd, 2012, 08:42
The Gauge you need is gauge29=p51d!Attitude it is part of the CFSs P51 multi gauge, I have it in the FSX Gauges folder where I think the CFS 2 gauges are by default ? or did I put them there??

For FSX you need to get rid of the DSD cat and hook gauges as they are Fs9 gauges and will not work, as far as I remember they will cause a crash in FSX if used.

DarrenL
June 3rd, 2012, 10:27
I am building an entirely new FSX-native version later this year though.

Cees Donker
January 13th, 2016, 11:50
Not being much of an FSX user last year, I completely missed this one. The short answer is, no, the problems with FS Recorder still, and always will exist with these models, as I lost all the source files in a crash last year. I am building an entirely new FSX-native version later this year though.
Oh man, I would love to see a redone version for FSX of this plane!

:applause:

Cees

DaveB
January 13th, 2016, 12:18
Cees.. that announcement was in 2012!! I was almost excited for a moment:banghead:

ATB
DaveB:)

Cees Donker
January 13th, 2016, 18:47
Cees.. that announcement was in 2012!! I was almost excited for a moment:banghead:

ATB
DaveB:)

Yes I know. A pity Steve didn't find the time to restart the project.

:untroubled:

Cees

ian elliot
January 13th, 2016, 21:19
If your intrested, there is an FSX conversion by Erik Hertzberger over at Simvation, that works ok, with a vc with all gauge's showing, its been in my hanger a while but im afraid i dont fly it often, still, its the only Sea Hawk in town, quite a large download and Simvation is not the fastest site out there, but worth a try.

cheers ian

Cees Donker
January 14th, 2016, 08:57
I know Ian, I have that one. It's a bit crude but flies nice. But a new model, more up to present day standards, would be nice. I only fly carrier planes nowadays......

:wavey:

Cees