PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft AES, anyone?

strykerpsg
May 1st, 2011, 10:07
I have been eyeballing the AES add ons for FSX but thought they only work with AES specific airports purchased through Aerosoft. However, I cannot find that verbage on the AES product page anymore. Does anyone use this and if so, can you help me to de-bunk my assumptions? I think they would be quite cool to complement my lengthy list of add ons, but not interested if they only work with a handful of airports. Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

Wing_Z
May 1st, 2011, 15:13
Category: Flight Simulator X - Miscellaneous Files
AES Earth v2.09a

Images related to this file:

-1.jpg

File Description:
The file provided will display all currently available AES-supportet Airports worldwide through Google Earth (www.earth.google.com) Each airport also features a direct link to the site where the scenery can be downloaded/purchased. You can also change the symbol for all those airports you have currently installed and activated for the use of AES, thus making flight planning a little easier. This list will be updated with every new version of AES, so check AVSIM for new versions of this file.

Filename: aes_earth_v2.09a_284177.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 7th January 2011
Downloads: 502
Author: Nick Schreger (MeatWater), Soren Mathiesen
Size: 238kb

strykerpsg
May 1st, 2011, 16:57
That's a great file, but still a bit hazy about AES. If I purchase their packs, how are they applied? I know I should probably swing over to the Aerosoft forums, but was hoping someone on SOH uses it and provides more clarity. Ws hoping Mathia might be frequenting here today. Anyway, will continue seeking guidance. I am wanting to re-format my HDD containing all of my FSX files. It just seems to be lacking definition when flying anymore.

Matt

Meshman
May 1st, 2011, 17:33
FS Dreamteam is working on a product for enhancing the airport activity and from what little I've read it should work with any airport, add on or default. There's a preview thread within the forums; http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php

strykerpsg
May 1st, 2011, 18:01
FS Dreamteam is working on a product for enhancing the airport activity and from what little I've read it should work with any airport, add on or default. There's a preview thread within the forums; http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php
That looks fantastic! However, if they use their current activation/anti-piracy software, will probably skip it. I have three of their airports in splendid detail, but the activation scheme always causes an error message. Time will tell.

Matt

vampire163
May 2nd, 2011, 02:00
I've used it in the past. It does add to the atmosphere but is only available at the airports Oliver has been able to modify (not just Aerosoft products)

You can get the full list here: http://www.aerosoft.com/shop-re/links/aesairports.html

There are a few airports that you can enable for free, to get the idea of what the product is like, though they are mainly aerosoft airports.

strykerpsg
May 2nd, 2011, 19:42
I've used it in the past. It does add to the atmosphere but is only available at the airports Oliver has been able to modify (not just Aerosoft products)

You can get the full list here: http://www.aerosoft.com/shop-re/links/aesairports.html

There are a few airports that you can enable for free, to get the idea of what the product is like, though they are mainly aerosoft airports.
Bummer! I was hoping it might autogen in every airport. Perhaps the FSDT product will do the trick. As much as I hate their anti-piracy software, may give it a try when it becomes available.

Thanks all for the help.

Matt

Francois
May 3rd, 2011, 06:13
Matt, AES needs to be adapted (by the developer) for each and every specific airport it should function on.
You only buy 'credits' through Aerosoft. A number of credits gives you the option to install it on a certain airport.
Airports supported are NOT necessarily from Aerosoft. Developers can contact Oliver and he can make a version of AES for their specific airport.

So, yes, you need to KNOW up front which airport you are interested in, then see IF there is an AES file for it already, and subseqiently buy credits to order your specific 'airport AES file'.

The 'other' product looks interesting of course..... but I doubt it will work for EVERY airport. I can see they could do something 'generic', but there is no way he can KNOW what each and every add-on airport and airfield looks like...... not even if he'd read the AFCAD file for it methinks.

But....... who am I. I'll happily let myself be surprised. :icon_lol: