PDA

View Full Version : Walk closer, or get a real good look at specific areas

OleBoy
May 1st, 2011, 09:29
I'm wondering how (in sim) I can get better views to show more specific areas. As if in real life. Say, the aircraft is parked in the hanger, or wherever. And I want to visually get a closer look or inspect specific areas (struts, bushings, grease fittings, bolts, nuts and safety wires..etc) How, or what (do I use) makes this possible for that specific area?

Help is appreciated

Bjoern
May 1st, 2011, 09:35
My tools of the trade.

Wheelcam plus this camera definition:

[CameraDefinition.xxx]
Title=Flex Cam
Guid={BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00A}
Description=Spot
Origin=Center
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=No
AllowZoom=Yes
InitialZoom=0.5
SmoothZoomTime=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
Transition=No
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category=Custom
ClipMode = Minimum
CycleHidden=Yes
PitchPanRate=40
HeadingPanRate=80
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=-15.0, 1.0, 0.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
HotKeySelect=

OleBoy
May 1st, 2011, 10:24
I'm not quite sure these settings will do what I need. I tried them. Unless I'm not doing something incorrectly. which IS likely the case here. The view appears to be in spot-view. Very snappy upon any movements

What I'm wanting (I think) is the ability to drop through the surface of the ground to lower the height of the view to pavement level if this is possible

SORTED, I think. The view needed to be put in the camera's.cfg. TESTING!!

tankerguy72
May 1st, 2011, 10:44
Not sure if this will help you but if your in a VC you can press SHIFT + Backspace to move the view down close to pavement level then press CTRL + SHIFT + Backspace to move forward away from the A/C. then you can slew the plane around or taxi around I hope this helps

Bomber_12th
May 1st, 2011, 10:55
Even when you are in the external 'camera definition' related viewpoints within FSX, you can move around using the keyboard controls, just as you can in the VC.

These include:

Shift+Enter - Move Up
Shift+Backspace - Move Down
Ctrl+Shift+Enter - Move Right
Ctrl+Shift+Backspace - Move Left
Ctrl+Enter - Move Forward
Ctrl+Backspace - Move Backward

Within the aircraft.cfg file, you can add a great many camera definition points for the exterior, which when selecting through in the sim, will bring you right to those coordinates, and you can move from there.

Furthermore, you can assign controls to rotate the camera, both in the VC and in the exterior camera-definition views.

OleBoy
May 1st, 2011, 11:02
Thanks for the input fellas. I've tried all of what you mention in the past. Going that route works, but all with limitations. Even Bjoerns camera def is limited. And slower that a snail crossing a dry street.

I would have thought there's a way to have more control and distance flexibility

heywooood
May 1st, 2011, 12:16
orbx has just the thing Bro...in their freeware section download BOB

OleBoy
May 1st, 2011, 13:56
Downloading now. This may be the ticket. Thank you.

I also found a couple other free goodies :wavey:

heywooood
May 1st, 2011, 14:07
cool you are welcome - orbx has lots of good stuff for FSX

I think BOB is what you were describing though