PDA

View Full Version : German Landmarks X Update 2.20

Antoninus
December 6th, 2008, 01:23
Aerosoft has released an update 2.20 for their German Landmarks X scenery. It is just announced in the German support forum and the German front page. As usual it's available for download form the FAQ/updates section.

The update 2.20 of German Landmarks FSX includes the following:

* All objects now compatible to FSX SP2
* Adaptation of objects to the VFR Germany North and West scenery
* Error corrections done.

I have just done a short flight, the error corrections also include some newly placed objects as two wind generators previously missing near EDFO.

JT8D-9A
December 6th, 2008, 02:45
Thanks for the HU! Just installed it and now i have a new folder named "European Landmarks"? :isadizzy:

grunau_baby
December 6th, 2008, 05:15
Thanks for the HU!!! Will be great too have everything SP2 compatible now. Will download imediately!!!

Alex

lucas81
December 6th, 2008, 06:49
OMW to download the pack! Fantastic news!

Antoninus
December 6th, 2008, 09:45
Just installed it and now i have a new folder named "European Landmarks"? :isadizzy:

Looks like the future. :)

They now have different libraries for objects like castles, monasteries, power plants or churches in the European Landmarks directory. Maybe different categories can be disabled without error messages.
This would be great to easily remove the modern stuff if I want to fly vintage aircraft.

grunau_baby
December 7th, 2008, 00:41
Moreover the Objects now fit perfectly into the VFR Germany 1 scenery. This one messed up some of the famous landmarks (Dome in cologne was missing!!! etc.) So now I can use German Landmarks objects which also include the big footbal stadiums:jump:

The european landmarks folder also caught my eye! Hope this is the future!

Alex

Bjoern
December 7th, 2008, 07:17
Antoninus, since you've mentioned EDFO...care to take any shots of the EDFM area? Pretty please?

Antoninus
December 7th, 2008, 07:30
I can do it tomorrow.

Bjoern
December 8th, 2008, 10:39
I would be thankful. :)

Antoninus
December 8th, 2008, 11:34
Here they are. First 8

Antoninus
December 8th, 2008, 11:39
And the rest:

lucas81
December 8th, 2008, 14:53
Few notes from me:

- I Installed 2.2 after the main installation and I skipped the 2.1 performance patch.
- Then, I converted all the textures to dds dxt3 format to improve the smoothness a bit

Funny, the patch moved the main texture files to the "European Landmarks" folder.

Bjoern
December 9th, 2008, 06:38
Looks excellent, however I guess that especially the Fernsehturm in Mannheim is going to interfere with FlightPort's EDFM scenery a bit.

P.S: I even recognized the KKW Philipsburg and the Schwetzinger Schloss from the pics. :d

Roger
December 9th, 2008, 07:00
Antoninus I am fscinated by the Buecker, is it Oliver Fischer's? I seems like I can see self-shadowing of the struts on the fuselage so is there an FsX version?.

Antoninus
December 9th, 2008, 10:29
Yea, it is Oliver Fischer's excellent Buecker, however only the FS9 model. I've only added thumbnails, all other files are unchanged. What looks like self shadowing is just a part of the texture.

Antoninus
December 9th, 2008, 11:22
I guess that especially the Fernsehturm in Mannheim is going to interfere with FlightPort's EDFM scenery a bit.

I've just tested it with the old flightport FS 2002/2004 scenery. Frames dropped from around 30-25 to 5-0.9, autogen near the airport was gone, several transparency problems, some double objects and I had to disable crash detection. So I will stay with the default scenery until there is FSX native version.

Bjoern
December 10th, 2008, 07:23
I've got EDFM running quite nicely in FSX. Sure, there is a frame rate penalty, but not as big as you described.
I did some modifications to the scenery (AFX plus landclass on approach), but I think that autogen problem is still there.

Will have to investigate.

Antoninus
December 10th, 2008, 10:31
I am using Acceleration, maybe that makes the difference. Perhaps something similar as with Aerosoft MAF 2008 sceney. Acc. users had much decreased performance compared to SP2 users until they found a fix.

Double objects can be removed very easily with an exclude bgl, so if you have no performance problems it shouldn't be impossible to make both sceneries fully compatible.