PDA

View Full Version : AH-56 Cheyenne - Anyone ever thought of making one of these for FSX?

sarwulf
April 28th, 2011, 12:02
Anyone ever thought of making one of these for FSX? Just thinking how interesting of an aircraft this would be. Kind of a "peculiar" aircraft maybe for a peculiar aircraft developer to consider?

Piglet
May 22nd, 2011, 19:24
It's on my "list"

sarwulf
May 23rd, 2011, 06:19
Thanks Piglet, that is truly an aircraft to look forward to!

Piglet
August 6th, 2011, 20:44
Just scored a flight manual for a AH-56.
The flight modling WILL be interesting...

strikehawk
August 7th, 2011, 12:19

Sweet, one more reason I'm glad I went to the dark side of FS. Someone made the Piaseki H-60 conversion a while back, that bird had a HUGE pusher prop on the tail. Maybe you could look at that flight model for idea's. I never flew it so I can't tell you if it's "good" or "bad", but I hope this will help out some.

Remember the kit Aurora mad in 1/72 scale? Those $2-3 kits are going for almost $200 for a "fair" example. Whish I still had all the ones I "converted" into Star Fighters after Star Wars came out.

sarwulf
August 7th, 2011, 18:42
:jump:

Sundog
August 27th, 2011, 22:28

I would probably get RB involved with the FDE, since he can work magic on them. I think the question is, do you start with a helo FDE and make it fly more like an airplane at high speeds, or do you start with a plane FDE and make it fly like a Helo at low speeds? My guess is, if RB is involved, the latter. Since he has modeled so many VSTOL FDE's.

Of course, once this is mastered, the FDE could be modified for an S-67 Blackhawk; You remember, the good looking Blackhawk? ;)

lazarus
September 28th, 2011, 10:08
http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Flightsim_Downloads_for_Airc raft_Development/Open_Source_Aircraft_-_GMAX&img=9
lurking in the GMAX files at hovercontol