PDA

View Full Version : Need some Happy Thoughts

N2056
April 25th, 2011, 21:00
Over the last several months my wife has been dealing with cataracts. She had the left eye done 2 months ago, but last week there was an issue regarding a small hemorrhage in the left eye that almost postponed having the right eye done. That happens tomorrow after running around today and getting the ok from a second source. She's been really frustrated with having really goofed up vision, and we just want it to be over.

Thanks in advance :salute:

Chacha
April 25th, 2011, 21:08
Over the last several months my wife has been dealing with cataracts. She had the left eye done 2 months ago, but last week there was an issue regarding a small hemorrhage in the left eye that almost postponed having the right eye done. That happens tomorrow after running around today and getting the ok from a second source. She's been really frustrated with having really goofed up vision, and we just want it to be over.

Thanks in advance :salute:

Hannah and I will be praying for your wife, Robert!

Roger
April 25th, 2011, 23:06
Good luck to your wife getting it sorted out Robert.

OBIO
April 25th, 2011, 23:21
Prayers forthcoming from me as well.

OBIO

gigabyte
April 26th, 2011, 03:50
Best of luck and good wishes as well from Gig of the East, tell the wife to have faith in the good Docs' they really can do great things now in treating conditions affecting the eye, the advances the past 5-10 years have been amazing. I watched my mother and father in law both go through the same procedures in recent years and although they had some frustrations waiting for things to happen the results have been outstanding.

rpjkw
April 26th, 2011, 04:45
Good luck to your wife and my prayers for both of you.

I had cataract surgery 8 years ago with, thankfully, no problems. But I remember how miserable it was seeing clearly in one eye, but needing glasses for the other. And I only had to put up with it for 6 weeks. Since then, everything has been fine and I really enjoy not having to wear glasses except to read. I'm sure she'll be happy as a clam when all is said and done. But, again, good luck and my best wishes.

Bob

SpitXIV
April 26th, 2011, 09:48
Same here, she will feel better once it's done and over with.

N2056
April 26th, 2011, 12:59
I took her in this morning and everything went smoothly. Thanks for the support! :wavey:

WarHorse47
April 26th, 2011, 15:20
N2056..

My wife went through the same proceedure - cataract surgery on the left eye last November, and cataract suregery on the right eye earlier this year. Since she wore trifocals, she had to make several trips to get new prescriptions and get her glasses adjusted. For the most part she's doing okay, but still has some minor difficulty reading small print. The surgery was a breeze, and the doctor's were excellent. Because she also has glaucoma, she will likely need more surgery for that condition down the road.

Like your wife, mine was also frustrated with the goofed up vision between surgeries. She had to wear glasses with one lens removed while waiting for the 2nd surgery. And afterwards there was some waiting invovled to get new glasses since there was some swelliing invovled.

Hang in there. :ernae:

--WH

rayrey10
April 26th, 2011, 15:42
Glad to hear that everything went well

Cloud9Gal
April 26th, 2011, 19:11
So glad to hear all went well! Thank you for updating us!

Hugs & Blessings for you and the Mrs. ~

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1033/1033002wlqmk7c6no.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Lionheart
April 26th, 2011, 19:15
Glad everything went well Robert.

May she heal up well and with perfect vision.

May God bless your wifes vision and health. Your entire family as well.

My mother went through that last year. At first, it was really hectic on her, wearing the filter glasses, fears that something went wrong, etc, but she is now healed up as though the cataracts were never around to begin with.

Amazing procedures they have out now....

Bill