PDA

View Full Version : Thorp'in it.

OleBoy
April 25th, 2011, 13:44
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5980/thorp1.th.jpg (http://img688.imageshack.us/i/thorp1.jpg/)

N2056
April 25th, 2011, 13:51
Hey, that's a good looking shot! :salute:

doublecool
April 25th, 2011, 13:57
Hey, What you got there :jump:

OleBoy
April 25th, 2011, 14:00
I thought you'd appreciate seeing your hard work getting some air time. I've been flying it quite a bit this afternoon. Note the weather. It's not the greatest today. There are so many stinking clouds it's taxing on the video card. It must have something to do with them being dark gray :running: That's real world weather for ya!

N2056
April 25th, 2011, 14:02
Considering I am actually working on it now that's good inspiration to "git 'er done"!

OleBoy
April 25th, 2011, 14:05
Considering I am actually working on it now that's good inspiration to "git 'er done"!

I could do with another repaint candidate. DOH!!! Did I really just say that outloud :kilroy:

N2056
April 25th, 2011, 14:11
Hey! I masked a lot of that paint scheme on the real one! :icon_lol:

OleBoy
April 25th, 2011, 14:13
Hey! I masked a lot of that paint scheme on the real one! :icon_lol:

Nice shot. Looks to be right in the drive-way? Now that's something you just don't see in a lot of neighborhoods!

N2056
April 25th, 2011, 14:17
Yep. I'm guessing that was about 35 years ago. Here in California if we had painted that thing like that today we'd get tossed in jail! Someday I'll relate the story of the morning we did the first engine run :icon_lol:

OleBoy
April 25th, 2011, 14:18
Yep. I'm guessing that was about 35 years ago. Here in California if we had painted that thing like that today we'd get tossed in jail! Someday I'll relate the story of the morning we did the first engine run :icon_lol:

LOL!!! I can hear your dad outside. In the still of the neighbors, CLEAR!!! HAHA!!

Matt Wynn
April 25th, 2011, 15:24
LOL!!! I can hear your dad outside. In the still of the neighbors, CLEAR!!! HAHA!!

Oleboy you've given me an idea there...... next time i get the mower out before i utilise the pullcord i'm gonna give a clear shout of "Clear Prop!", great looking aircraft the Thorp! :wiggle:

Cag40Navy
April 25th, 2011, 20:09
I liked the green thorp, it looked nice.

N2056
April 25th, 2011, 20:38
I liked the green thorp, it looked nice.

That's the second time the "Green" Thorp has been brought up. For anyone that has not been around long enough to know the story behind this project...

I literally grew up with this plane. The model I am doing is a full duplicate of the last Thorp my dad has built (three in total). For various reasons I decided the release would be in the second paint of the original plane. Here's the first one, and the only air-to air pic I think exists of the original (aka the Green one).

I grew up in this plane. It's memories are huge. Sadly it no longer exists. :frown:

Kiwikat
April 26th, 2011, 11:45
I grew up in this plane. It's memories are huge. Sadly it no longer exists. :frown:

Sharp lookin plane! I may like Vans' planes more due to their more modern look but the Thorp has some awesome lines! :ernae:

Can't wait to fly her again. :jump: