PDA

View Full Version : aircraft tips over on loading?

Cees Donker
April 24th, 2011, 11:25
There must be something wrong, but it beats me as to what. Centre of gravity? FSDS 3.5
New model Fokker S.IV

Cees

Rich
April 24th, 2011, 22:26
Cees without seeing the aircraft.cfg it will be difficult to diagnose, possibly main gear contact points to far back from the pic with it on its nose the wheels are half buried, any number of things.

Cees Donker
April 24th, 2011, 22:50
But it's probably the contactpoints?

Cees

Rich
April 24th, 2011, 23:00
Cees, difficult to say but worth looking at first, other bits will come into play CoG weight placement ie fuel and pilot.

Rich
April 24th, 2011, 23:04
looking at the pic with it on its nose it looks as if the main gear contact points are actually behind the visual gear and it has pivoted on the contact point half burying the visual wheel.

OBIO
April 24th, 2011, 23:10
Cees

If you want, I can take a look at the contact points in ACM and see where they line up with the visual model. That would confirm if it is a contact point issue...which is what it looks like to me. If this is something you would like for me to do for ya, just shoot me a copy of the plane and I will check it out.

Tim

Rich
April 24th, 2011, 23:17
If this is a FSX model it will no work in ACM

Cees Donker
April 25th, 2011, 00:37
Thanks for all the help guys. It's a FS9 model. Tim, it's on its way. Rich: thanks mate. See your PM. Is any of you guys also a flight model guru?

Cees

OBIO
April 25th, 2011, 08:28
Cees

I have the package and will install and look at it in a while...got to work on the water softener system first...getting tired of drinking water that taste like rust. System needs flushed and cleaned....2 to 3 hours of work.

A flight dynamics guru I am not. More like a flight dynamics gnu.

Tim

Milton Shupe
April 28th, 2011, 15:26
If Tim doesn't get it sorted, I will.

Rich
April 28th, 2011, 16:00
Milton, I did a fix and passed it to Cees as yet no reply, there were a number of contact points problems plus the engine sitting 3 ft in front of the model

Cees Donker
April 28th, 2011, 19:55
Hey Rich,

Yep it works! Thanks mate! That's what you get with using the aircraft cfg of another model! It still has the tendency to flip over but not on start up.

:applause:

Cees

Rich
April 28th, 2011, 20:38
Cees, what is the real world fuel capacity for this aircraft ? 230 gal seems a bit much for a single engine trainer, it maybe adding to the tip over tendency all that fuel is very close to COG and practically right above the main wheels

Cees Donker
April 28th, 2011, 21:18
It's 135 liters = 36 Gallons! That explains it I think.
:ernae:

Cees

Rich
April 28th, 2011, 21:28
Cees, try it with just the 36 gall and see if it improves