PDA

View Full Version : Does there exist any kind of DX10 fix?

Alexraptor
April 24th, 2011, 05:02
Well FSX has been out for almost 5 years soon, and i don't think I need to explain that the DirectX 10 preview mode has its.... issues.
What i would like to know is during the past years has there ever been any kind of community made DirectX 10 fix/patch? Mainly for the issue of flickering runway textures etc.

Kinda sucks that MS didnt bother going all out on DX10 with FSX because it runs A LOT better under DX10 mode, and bloom can even be used without killing FPS... of course the trouble is that some of these DX10 issues are unbearable. :(

Roger
April 24th, 2011, 07:25
Well FSX has been out for almost 5 years soon, and i don't think I need to explain that the DirectX 10 preview mode has its.... issues.
What i would like to know is during the past years has there ever been any kind of community made DirectX 10 fix/patch? Mainly for the issue of flickering runway textures etc.

Kinda sucks that MS didnt bother going all out on DX10 with FSX because it runs A LOT better under DX10 mode, and bloom can even be used without killing FPS... of course the trouble is that some of these DX10 issues are unbearable. :(

There is a payware program called "Addon Converter X" which goes some way to helping with the port-over whited out textures in Dx10 mode and goes some way to address the flickering issue. I used it for a while but as it rendered all textures flat matt I gave up with it.

Roger
April 24th, 2011, 07:52
There was also this thread at Avsim about flickering runways:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/267998-dx10-runwaytaxiway-flickering-fix/page__view__findpost__p__1745945__hl__flickering+r unways+fix__fromsearch__1

Alexraptor
April 24th, 2011, 12:15
Hmm peaked through the thread, though i find it very confusing. O.o

Meshman
April 24th, 2011, 14:49
There was also this thread at Avsim about flickering runways:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/267998-dx10-runwaytaxiway-flickering-fix/page__view__findpost__p__1745945__hl__flickering+r unways+fix__fromsearch__1

I remember that thread, kind of...

If someone could grab a screenie of what this flickering looks like in DX10 I'd appreciate it.

A programmed approach could be done, even with all 24,000+ airports. Wondering if the described fixes would work without regenerating the airports? Must ponder this for a while, then see about an XML parser for Visual Studio 2010.