PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't wait for X-Plane 10

rayrey10
April 23rd, 2011, 12:51
I'm going on temporary duty for a couple of months and I'm taking my MacBook, so I broke down and got X-Plane 9. I need to get my flight sim fix on some how. :icon_lol: If I like it I'll upgrade to XP-10 whenever it comes out.

I haven't installed it...I may do it tomorrow. Any other advice on installation beside what is posted?

Lionheart
April 23rd, 2011, 21:16
Hey RayRey,

Its a cool Sim. Totally diff from FS, so beware. Takes some time to get used to the new keyboard.

Austin might try doing a keyboard system swap for us FS guys that will convert the keyboard to FS so we can instantly adapt to the system.

If you have TrackIR, get it working in it. Great fun. Also, there is some brilliant scenery in XP9 that is worth checking out. Some is freeware or demo's. Arizona Demo is nice. Shoot some touch and goes at Scottsdale Airport.

Bill

rayrey10
April 24th, 2011, 12:36
Oh goodness! Gonna be a challenge, huh? I'm still trying to get used the Apple keyboard in general. Guess it will keep me busy while I'm away.

txnetcop
April 28th, 2011, 04:02
Experiment with your settings till you get what you want. Bill is right it takes a little getting used to but hey it is a good flight sim!

rayrey10
April 28th, 2011, 13:45
Ok, will do. I gotta find my old joystick. Hopefully it work on a Mac.