Recent update screenies

mgr
April 23rd, 2011, 00:54
Very colorful!! :costum::costum:

Looking great!!! Keep up the good work!

Marcel

stansdds
April 23rd, 2011, 03:56
Yeah, it's colorful now, but it's going to get shot with interior green paint when it's finished.

Warhawk1130
April 24th, 2011, 04:16
Update

SADT
April 24th, 2011, 15:52
Hi Warhawk,

Are you panning on using Lionheart's FS-Unlimited technique to export this model? The sure do look to be alot of polys there.... But it looks awesome! I cant wait! :salute: :applause:

Craig :-)

Warhawk1130
April 24th, 2011, 17:13
Hi Warhawk,

Are you panning on using Lionheart's FS-Unlimited technique to export this model? The sure do look to be alot of polys there.... But it looks awesome! I cant wait! :salute: :applause:

Craig :-)

At the moment, no...if its the new thing where you can compile unlimited polys, the guys are studying it. As of now, there are only 2000 more polys to work with, the interior has exceeded the exterior in polys (see birdcage model thread)

Warhawk1130
May 30th, 2011, 02:29
We are now using the lionheart process...as you can see, this is going to be a great VC

Warhawk1130
May 30th, 2011, 02:31
More screenies

aeronca1
May 30th, 2011, 08:55
Nice!! Where might I find details on the Lionheart method? I recently (a year+ ago, lol) shelved my Fiat G.59 series and given that I now have some time on my hands, I'd like to begin working on them again.

stansdds
May 30th, 2011, 10:47
Uhhhh... a little setback on this project. Sorry, guys, I wrecked it again. If I find all the pieces, maybe it can be put back together?

:redf::redf::redf::redf::redf:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/stansdds/FS9%20F4U-1%20project/fs92011-05-30Oops.jpg

So, does this qualify me for a Panther Award? :isadizzy:

Warhawk1130
May 30th, 2011, 11:07
wow, stan...howd ya get the damage like that? gimme gimme

Warhawk1130
May 30th, 2011, 11:08
Nice!! Where might I find details on the Lionheart method? I recently (a year+ ago, lol) shelved my Fiat G.59 series and given that I now have some time on my hands, I'd like to begin working on them again.

I don't model, just promote for the business...I'll see if I can get the info from Carl. I am sure there are others here who can point you in the right direction also, Bill?

stansdds
May 30th, 2011, 11:16
wow, stan...howd ya get the damage like that? gimme gimme
All you gotta do is set her down hard, bounce high, then slam down and she'll break.

Put a functioning instrument panel in the VC and I think I'll do a lot better.

And by "better" I mean fewer crashes and softer landings, not better prangs.

Desert Rat
May 30th, 2011, 11:18

try here?
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26647

nazca_steve
May 31st, 2011, 08:11
Really impressive stuff for something not currently using the Lionheart method. The first thought that went through my head was that is a lot of detail for an FS9 VC. Great stuff and hats off that you have kept within limits for that LOD, both inside and out. Definitely raises the bar in FS9.

fliger747
May 31st, 2011, 11:14
I agree with Stiz that a few instruments in the VC would decrease the accelerated depreciation in flight test!

She'll be a good flier.... for a Corsair... T

stansdds
May 31st, 2011, 14:54
Yeah, and the view over the nose is horrible... just like in the real F4U-1.

stiz
May 31st, 2011, 16:22
I agree with Stiz

thanks for agreeing, allthough i havent said anything yet :icon_lol:

Warhawk1130
May 31st, 2011, 18:38
Really impressive stuff for something not currently using the Lionheart method. The first thought that went through my head was that is a lot of detail for an FS9 VC. Great stuff and hats off that you have kept within limits for that LOD, both inside and out. Definitely raises the bar in FS9.

Actually, as of last screenie post, I stated that we were using it now ;)

aeronca1
June 15th, 2011, 15:05
try here?
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26647

THANK YOU!!

Desert Rat
June 15th, 2011, 15:14
THANK YOU!!

Matt,

your more than welcome, can't take credit though, nicked the link from someone else. Forget now who unfortunately.

Jamie

Desert Rat
June 15th, 2011, 15:55
Forgot to mention, it looks great and I'm a sucker for small guys releasing stuff, they just seem to put more heart into it. It's not about infinite detail for me, it's more about the character that the designer puts in. My list of lasting favs pays testament to that. You guys look like you may carry off the best of both worlds, what more could we ask, IMHO very few have ever managed both detail and character in one package.

Jamie

Warhawk1130
June 17th, 2011, 06:55
Forgot to mention, it looks great and I'm a sucker for small guys releasing stuff, they just seem to put more heart into it. It's not about infinite detail for me, it's more about the character that the designer puts in. My list of lasting favs pays testament to that. You guys look like you may carry off the best of both worlds, what more could we ask, IMHO very few have ever managed both detail and character in one package.

Jamie

Thank you..although small, we hit the ground hard when we started in 2005..dabbled in the exciting world of irwin allen and sci-fi making our own models for lost in space, land of the giants and voyage to the bottom of the sea. We have a critically acclaimed jupiter 2 model that is absolutely stunning both inside and out.

When I formed Pendercrafts with co-founder Ronnie Pendergraft, our vision was accuracy and detail, detail, detail. I think we have the finest 2 modelers in the FS world and the finest beta tester (standds). We may not be able to include everything that is the F4U but we will sure as hell give it everything possible (It probably won't run on my old puter at more that 5 frames per sec LOL).

I am a navy vet with 10 years of duty in the aviation field...I have loved the pacific theater of WW2 since I was a young boy with the corsair my favorite aircraft of that era.

Warhawk1130
June 19th, 2011, 06:03
Final IWP of the basic additions and smoothing of the VC. Now we move on to final poly reductions, texturing and adding the gauges. Carl is now moving on to the D model cockpit changes for future releases.

Warhawk1130
June 19th, 2011, 06:04
more....

Warhawk1130
July 2nd, 2011, 10:01
OK....this is the last WIP shot of the basic VC for the birdcage model. I will add more as we move into the finalizaion of the CP in general (paint/gauges/labels/etc)

Pendercrafts is now on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_218849498139482&ap=1

Wing_Z
July 2nd, 2011, 15:31
Really impressive to see what goes in there... texturing that lot must be scary, can make or break all that beautiful poly work .
One of the benefits of the extended-poly method I am hoping to see on new-gen FS9 models, is smooth VC curves: on the canopy frame, cowl, anything you can see from inside.
It just adds so much to a great external model, not to have to mentally block out those in-your-face lumpy curves... I mean, the VC is where you spend the quality time!

This F-4 is looking great, and thanks for sharing the WIP.

Warhawk1130
August 28th, 2011, 03:35
Final basic VC screens on the -1 model.

pfflyers
August 29th, 2011, 09:12
Brilliant work there!

Can't wait to see it with a couple instruments and a dab of paint.

I don't fly the Jupiter much anymore, but I still drive the Chariot around sometimes.

fliger747
August 29th, 2011, 17:39
Looks Great, send me the updated model sometime if you get the chance! Cheers: T

Warhawk1130
August 30th, 2011, 16:19
Brilliant work there!

Can't wait to see it with a couple instruments and a dab of paint.

I don't fly the Jupiter much anymore, but I still drive the Chariot around sometimes.

I hope you have the goddard model? When I get a hanckering for the Jupiter-2, I just sit on the ground, make it dark, and put the moving deep space screen up on the viewport and just look for hours...it really is our finest creation for the scifi genre.