PDA

View Full Version : Login prob

Ralf Roggeveen
April 21st, 2011, 23:45
Can anyone help sort out an annoying problem?

When I click on the shortcut to fs9 all that happens is a stupid box saying 'FS 2004 does not appear to be installed'.

It is, and can be accessed by going into Program files & clicking on 'fs9 exe'

How to reconnect the shortcut?

I recently removed FSX (hardly ever used & took up a lot of space), which seems to have provoked the computer. There is a splashscreen randomizer which may have something to do with this too?

Grateful for any advice! :confused:

papab
April 22nd, 2011, 03:12
Have you tied deleting the existing shortcut?
Go to the "fs9.exe" location and right click and select "send to"--desktop as shortcut

Give that a whirl

Rick

aeromed202
April 22nd, 2011, 05:06
There is a tool that fixes the fs9 registry, a problem I was hit with last year. I'll try to find it...

Here is a link. Can't say if this is your problem but it might be.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

pfflyers
April 22nd, 2011, 08:58
As long as we are talking about weird login probs (not trying to hijack this thread).

I recently had to restore my OS and even tho my FS installs were on a different drive I had to do the 'right click, send to' thing to get my shortcuts back.

Now when I double click any of the shortcuts (there's 3) I get this error message:

"The requested flight file is corrupt or can't be
found. Flight Simulator will now try to load the
Default flight."

When I click ok the sim starts just like it always did.

Other than that everything seems to be working as before.

Ralf Roggeveen
April 22nd, 2011, 11:23
Yes! Thanks so much, that has worked.

You should try the link pfflyers, as I believe it would repair your shortcuts too.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply - what a great Community! :salute:

pfflyers
April 22nd, 2011, 14:57
Thanks for the suggestion, but I was lucky enough to stumble on the answer to my problem.

When my OS crashed it wiped out the contents of my "My Documents" folder, including the "Flight Simulator Files" folder. I had created my own default flights which were in there. I was able to fix my problem by creating new default flights.

Funny how things things can be affected in ways you least expect, although in retrospect it makes perfect sense.

Sunny9850
April 22nd, 2011, 17:12
That Flight1 utility is also a must have if you ever considered a second or third Fs9 install for a different era or just to test out things away from the main one.
Some programs such as EditVoicePack will only work with one of them....and this little proggy makes it work flawlessly and you can easily switch back and forth.
:ernae:
Stefan