PDA

View Full Version : tv show question

Daveroo
April 21st, 2011, 17:17
i was watching a new tv show with Dana Delaney,,,cant think of the name..but this weeks plot was murder for revenge...but a guy died who was an accountant,he was afraid of flying..so he got a pilots lic...in the flow of the show they investigated and found ot his life insurance was canceled due to him becoming a pilot...does this happen?..can private pilots NOT get life insurance?...was it supposed to have been a prereqosit?...or just sounded good for the plot???

andersel
April 21st, 2011, 18:33
The show is called "Body of Evidence" and I to asked that question (to the airspace in my living room) when I saw that. Knowing the insurance companies, it probably is. Unless, of course you pay A LOT more.

Moparmike
April 21st, 2011, 18:48
There are quite a few insurance companies that won't write a policy for you if you "engage in dangerous activities", as they put it.
Flying, auto racing, and rodeo are three that I know for sure are what my insurance co lists as dangerous. Other companies have different definitions though.
Heck, going by that definition those same insurance companies shouldn't write a policy for ANY licensed driver since statistically driving more dangerous than GA...but just try telling that to your average insurance agent.

There are companies out there that do understand general aviation and will write a policy with that in the terms but they're not in the norm. If you check with AOPA, they can get you a list of companies that are flying friendly.

Navy Chief
April 21st, 2011, 19:19
I don't watch TV any more. Can't handle the commercials. But when Dana Delany's tv show, "Body of Proof" makes it to DVDs, then I will get it.

She is a babe!!!!

NC

HouseHobbit
April 21st, 2011, 19:31
Yes this is true, I had this as a young Hobbit when I was involved with the Civil air patrol (cadet) at 16-17 years old.. There was a issue with my fathers GM health/life insurance..
I got very sick and was in the hospital and the insurance discovered I was in training to solo, and they had a fit.. Dad's union got it sorted out..
But, becuse of this I had to drop out before I got my full ratings, I did solo a few weeks later after I was well..Dad, had a fit. this did end my pilot training..Bummer..

alain95
April 22nd, 2011, 01:36
I don't watch TV any more. Can't handle the commercials. But when Dana Delany's tv show, "Body of Proof" makes it to DVDs, then I will get it.
She is a babe!!!! NC

Totaly OK...
:jump:35698:icon30:

traindriver98
April 22nd, 2011, 11:58
If you look real close, you might also see this woman as well.

TeaSea
April 22nd, 2011, 15:32
Jerry Ryan.....

*sigh*

I have life insurance....term life.....I have a pilot's license.

And, when I used to ride my HD Softail all over the counryside?

Insurance was no problem.

I also used to jump out of airplanes with a ton of crap strapped to me with about 40 -60 of my closest friends in the middle of the night from about 1000 ft AGL.

Had insurance then too.

But, after I admitted to smoking a cigar. Insurance company threatened to cancel my policy. Had to prove I quit.