PDA

View Full Version : My house goes on the market this weekend....

Navy Chief
April 21st, 2011, 09:05
Well, it's official. I signed the paperwork with the realtor to put my property on the market. It should be listed by this weekend. I am starting at a low price to begin with. I am determined to sell! I hope to have my place sold, and completely moved to Florida within three months! I know the market is bad. BUT there are folks out there looking for a deal, and my place fits that description perfectly.

NC

stansdds
April 21st, 2011, 09:25
Best of luck to you.

FSX68
April 21st, 2011, 11:15
Did you find a job down there or are you staying retired? Where bouts in Florida you
headed? I went to High School looooong time ago in Jacksonville.

Navy Chief
April 21st, 2011, 11:26
Did you find a job down there or are you staying retired? Where bouts in Florida you
headed? I went to High School looooong time ago in Jacksonville.

Staying retired. Moving to Sanibel Island. I lived in Jacksonville too....for 9 years, while stationed at NAS Cecil Field, FL. Did not like Jax at all. I did, however, live in Pensacola for three years, and really liked that place.

NC

FSX68
April 21st, 2011, 12:35
Staying retired. Moving to Sanibel Island. I lived in Jacksonville too....for 9 years, while stationed at NAS Cecil Field, FL. Did not like Jax at all. I did, however, live in Pensacola for three years, and really liked that place.

NC

Looked up Sanibel Island. Wow, that's way down in south west tip of FL. Hopefully the Hurricanes
won't find ya. My Dad (retired AT CWO3) lives north of you in a place called The Villages.
Every hear of that place? Golf cart is all you need there instead of a car. Looks like
you could get a lot of fishing in down there. Take care.

Navy Chief
April 21st, 2011, 12:42
Looked up Sanibel Island. Wow, that's way down in south west tip of FL. Hopefully the Hurricanes
won't find ya. My Dad (retired AT CWO3) lives north of you in a place called The Villages.
Every hear of that place? Golf cart is all you need there instead of a car. Looks like
you could get a lot of fishing in down there. Take care.

Yep, know about the hurricane threat. Just part of life there. All I know is I look forward to NOT being responsible for a mortgage payment any longer, and can start saving some money; besides living in a nice place.

NC

aeromed202
April 21st, 2011, 13:18
Might help or not but I can still remember a house we looked at 20+ years ago that we almost bought. I remember because someone cleverly baked bread earlier and the smell was indelible. If it weren't so expensive and far from town we might have bought it just because it smelled so good. It almost worked.

Navy Chief
April 21st, 2011, 13:27
Might help or not but I can still remember a house we looked at 20+ years ago that we almost bought. I remember because someone cleverly baked bread earlier and the smell was indelible. If it weren't so expensive and far from town we might have bought it just because it smelled so good. It almost worked.

I won't have to resort to that. The house is about 800 ft from the road, down a winding concrete driveway. Very peaceful here. Out in the country, and secluded.

NC

stansdds
April 21st, 2011, 15:51
That's really nice! You sure you want to give that up?

Willy
April 21st, 2011, 16:18

NC

I was TAD to Jacksonville a couple of times, but also really loved Pensacola both times I was stationed there. Once on the Lexington and again a few years later at Port Operations.

Navy Chief
April 21st, 2011, 18:09
That's really nice! You sure you want to give that up?

It's a financial thing mostly, but also want to reduce what I have to take care of as I get older. I have almost 7 acres here. A LOT of grass to cut. Just too much to deal with.

Snuffy
April 22nd, 2011, 10:21
I'll trade ya places Pete. You can have my place, I'll take yers.

I realize J'Ville ain't quite as far south as you want to go, but its way too far south for me already.

(OH! make sure you take your ex's father with ya too ... I ain't keepin him. ... )

Navy Chief
April 22nd, 2011, 12:52
I'll trade ya places Pete. You can have my place, I'll take yers.

I realize J'Ville ain't quite as far south as you want to go, but its way too far south for me already.

(OH! make sure you take your ex's father with ya too ... I ain't keepin him. ... )

No offense, but there's no way I would live in Jax again! WAY too much traffic, but also an ex wife lives there. Too many bad memories!

The ex father in law hasn't started looking for a place yet, but he needs to...

NC

beana51
April 22nd, 2011, 14:39
Good Luck to you Chief...I did the same bout 6yrs ago,from the Catskill Mts. in NYS,to the GULF COAST...here in SARASOTA!...I found ,it takes getting used to...The Sanibel-Captiva
is linked to the main land by the Sanibel Causway. Its part of the Cape Coral (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Coral,_Florida)–Fort Myers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Myers,_Florida) Metropolitan Statistical Area (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Coral-Fort_Myers,_Florida_Metropolitan_Statistical_Area) . Populatin under 7000...most beautiful sunsets..great white beachs,Tropical Paradise. yes Hurricanes are a fact of life,so too gators....but Ya get Used to it......yes the housing market stinks now,here in Fl. its terrible...time to buy,IF YA GOT CASH!..In any event ya better get a good fishing pole,lots of Sun screen,...The very best to you...and ENJOY!!....Vin!!

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/220px-Wulfert_Sanibel.jpg

n4gix
April 23rd, 2011, 13:00
I used to live on the southern end of Estero Island (Ft. Myers Beach), at 8179 Lagoon Rd.

I was just checking it out with a Google Street View. I see it hasn't changed all that much since my folks sold it 26 years ago.

I used to sail in my dad's 42' ketch up to Sanibel Island for fun nearly every weekend. Very nice place to visit! :jump: