PDA

View Full Version : ROF-ICE $20 & Extra Aircraft At $2.99 Each

FAC257
April 19th, 2011, 12:55
Finally bit the hook the other day and DL'd ROF-ICE from Amazon for $20 and then today I get home and they are having a sale on all of the extra aircraft. Everything except the two largest bombers are $2.99 and the two bombers are at $7.67.

Sale April 19th – 26th
http://riseofflight.com/en/store

FAC

SpitXIV
May 1st, 2011, 14:30
I was seriously thinking about buying that, but after hearing this about charging for
extra planes, I'm going to pass. I think It's enough that you bought the Sim.

Panther_99FS
May 1st, 2011, 17:42
Well, on the bright side, they're cheaper than FS2004 & FSX payware.....

Ferry_vO
May 2nd, 2011, 10:10
A LOT cheaper than any Fs9/X payware... :kilroy:

And all aircraft are already included to be used as AI so you can shoot at them, but if you want to fly you'll have to pay a little. If you don't want to pay for them, you will not miss anything in the game.

lucas81
May 8th, 2011, 15:32
Besides that, everything is compatible in multiplayer. You simply can not fly the planes which you don't own. On the bright side, you can jump to gunner's nest in big bombers and support the pilot, even if you don't have Gotha, HP or DFW C.V.
The RoF ICE comes with eight (+1 bonus plane) planes, which are the most iconic ones for the WW1: SE5a, Camel, SPAD 13, Fokker Dr.I, Fokker D.VII... The bonus plane is usually the Nieuport 17 which gives an availability to join servers with the "early" plane set. But most of them are the ones with the mid or late plane set.

OK, I own all the planes, because I bought the game one it was availble almost two years ago, so buying new plane once a month was not a problem for me. I understand a frustration from the new players who bought the game and if they want to have all of the stuff, they have to buy another 10 birds or so. But honestly, even if I own all the planes, i use only: SPAD 13 (stock), SE5a (stock), Pfalz D.IIIa (stock), Fokker D.VIIF (additional), DFW C.V (additional), HP O/400 (additional) and Gotha (additional). But keep in mind that I fly multiplayer only and my online unit has a bomber squadron. This is why I own the giants as well. For someone who is not interested in flying a bomber, the base back is OK. Not to mention that each plane is completly different and requires some learning curve.

BTW: The field mods are availble in the Store. They give additional equipment for the planes. They consist of reflector and collimated gunsights, water temp. gauges, fuel gauges, ASI, altimeters... The SPAD 13 and Albatros D.Va mods will be shipped for free to give a taste. Prices are from 1$ to 5,5$ for an addon, depending on number of modifications availble for each plane.
And in the couple of weeks we will hopefully see a 1.19 patch which will include new Career system which should be a blast :)

Lucas